LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

IMO it should be 50k an employee, it would stop employers from doing it and it would make the illegals go back home b/c they would have no where to work

I don't think monetary punishment is enough. Jail time is in order.

hmm arresting people through a corporation is pretty tough... who would get arrested in the company?

Hey, what ever happened to "Too much big government. You should "deregulate" and let the market sort it out?"

IMO it should be 50k an employee, it would stop employers from doing it and it would make the illegals go back home b/c they would have no where to work

hmm arresting people through a corporation is pretty tough... who would get arrested in the company?

Most hiring of illegals is not done by cooperation's my friend. The vast majority of Illegals are employed by smaller businesses.

Hey, what ever happened to "Too much big government. You should "deregulate" and let the market sort it out?"

I guess you simply can not grasp that protecting our border and dealing with Illegal Immigration is one of the FEW jobs of our federal government. Supporting them enforcing these laws is entirely consistent with being a constitutionalists.

Most hiring of illegals is not done by cooperation's my friend. The vast majority of Illegals are employed by smaller businesses.

there is still hiring by large corporations, but you still didn't answer the question of who would get arrested in the company

I guess you simply can not grasp that protecting our border and dealing with Illegal Immigration is one of the FEW jobs of our federal government. Supporting them enforcing these laws is entirely consistent with being a constitutionalists.

E-Verify needs to be mandatory, not an option. That will take care of 99% of the problem.

there is still hiring by large corporations, but you still didn't answer the question of who would get arrested in the company

Well as you pointed out it would be hard to find a person to arrest in a cooperation. But as I said 80% of the jobs in the country come from small business, that holds true for who is employing illegals. Now in those cases I would arrest the owner and managers who did he hiring and let the court decide who knew what.

I'm a scorched earth person on this. Prison time and forfeiture of the business's gross profits for the year that any illegal was employed. If it's a second offense or a pattern of conduct (e.g., over 25% of all employees are illegals) then seize the business and liquidate it.

And BTW, I-9's are required on all new hires. If there are exceptions, I'm unaware of them.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

$10,000 fine per illegal employee and 2 years jail time, also per employee, it would stop real fast.

Oh and on the third infraction, the business is closed and sold to pay for the exportation of illegals from this country.

The person who hired the illegal, and that person's boss, and that person's boss, all the way up to the CEO of the company and he also does jailtime.

Well as you pointed out it would be hard to find a person to arrest in a cooperation. But as I said 80% of the jobs in the country come from small business, that holds true for who is employing illegals. Now in those cases I would arrest the owner and managers who did he hiring and let the court decide who knew what.

can i ask where you're getting that 80% figure? the federal government is the largest employer in the country. i believe walmart is number two. i'm not sure about percentages, though, hence my asking.

I have a simple answer.... :idea:

JAIL everyone from the CEO down to the person who OK'd the hire.

JAIL EM ALL!!!!!

I'm sick of the question....

If CONGRESS would enforce the laws ALREADY on the books.... and stop herrassing baseball players for steriod use... or at the very least, go after these criminal employers just as hard, the problem would fix itself. We wouldnt have the petty arguement of.... "how can we deport 20 - 40 million illegals?". Hell..... they'd deport themselves.

can i ask where you're getting that 80% figure? the federal government is the largest employer in the country. i believe walmart is number two. i'm not sure about percentages, though, hence my asking.

Do semantics really matter....? 80% -- 60%..... WHATEVER....Its still a large percentage.

Just my opinion, but we need to start punishing employers who are lawbreakers.... big or small.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

See, this is where I stand. I admit, this is a rather tough one for me but I think that employers should be allowed to hire who they want to hire.

Honestly, I think the welfare state contributes to the problem, the employer hiring them is just a symptom of the problem, do away with the free healthcare,anchor babies,free education, etc. and I don't think illegal immigration would even be that big a problem, secure the border more for security purposes, not keeping me in or others out.

LOL if you must know form Democrats opposed to tax cuts for the rich. Who constantly tell us 80% of jobs in America are created by small business. In fact I could swear I once said something about cooperations driving our economy and YOU corrected me and said most jobs are created by small business.

This is you:

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

Forum List

Back