LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

COLIN POWELL:MEET THE PRESS

Colin Powell? “They (illegal aliens) are all over my place doing things.” Colin Powell is breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens. He is aiding and abetting illegal immigration and encouraging more illegal immigration and Border Patrols Agents are busting the butts day and night trying to apprehend and stop them putting their lives on the line by getting shot at. Hiring illegal aliens is a crime and why do these people believe there are above the law?
How are we going to secure the border if every 20 years we give 20 million illegal aliens amnesty? When is the “enough already” going to begin?
Talking about “out of touch” with the American people.

It is a crime to hire illegal aliens. Why can Powell commit a crime and not be punished?

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."
Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.
Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime. Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his or her work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property. In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit (or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief.

Have you ever heard the term "the buck stops here?" If the CEO didn't know, he should have and he should go to jail for not doing his job.

you are either joking or don't know how companies of that size are run

It is pretty simple man. Even in the largest cooperation. Everyone has a direct boss, and someone who Hired them. They may or may not be the same person. That person for persons for sure should face some jail time. If they knowingly hired them.

The problem is some illegals have fake ID, and stolen or fake SS numbers. You are going to find the odd one here and there they honestly did not know they hired an illegal.

Take it on a case by case basis. Just like the rest of our court system works. Charge those you can, Don't charge the ones you can't, and yes fine the companies.

E-Verify can tell them in a matter of minutes but the problem is they are not required to use it.

Powell says illegal immigrants do his home repairs

By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer Calvin Woodward, Associated Press Writer – Sun Sep 19, 2:43 pm ET

WASHINGTON – Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says illegal immigrants do essential work in the U.S. and he has firsthand knowledge of that — because they fix his house.

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

Powell did not say whether he's hired illegal immigrants directly or they showed up with contractors.

Powell says illegal immigrants do his home repairs - Yahoo! News

This is why our immigration system is broken. Our government is broken.
What are we going to do with those who do not go to school or join the military.
School is not a defense matter.

OVER POPULATION.

Although people no longer talk about a catastrophic “population bomb,” world population continues to grow. Unfortunately, the most affected countries are also the ones least able to support more people.

National Geographic: Eye in the Sky--Overpopulation

Urban Threat.

The promise of jobs and prosperity, among other factors, pulls people to cities. Half of the global population already lives in cities, and by 2050 two-thirds of the world's people are expected to live in urban areas. But in cities two of the most pressing problems facing the world today also come together: poverty and environmental degradation.
Urbanization, Overpopulation - National Geographic

What Kinds Of Problems Do Illegal Immigrants Cause

Illegal immigration causes over population and as a result there is shortage of basic amenities like potable drinking water, food, energy resources and residential land. Other problems caused by illegal immigration include racial violence, increased crime rate, corruption and promotion of terrorism. Many times it has been seen that security officials exchange sensitive and confidential information in exchange for sex, money or expensive gifts. Many illegal immigrants indulging in securing this type of confidential information are employed by foreign governments. So, illegal immigrants can also pose a risk for national security. Healthcare is also affected by illegal immigration. Diseases like SARS, AIDS, Tuberculosis, Ebola are wide spread across the world because of illegal immigration.

http://www.legalcybertips.com/immigration/Wha...

"California has practically doubled in population in the last 35 years. 96% of its growth in the 1990's was due to immigration. California now has 35 million, and is larger than most countries of the world."
http://immigration.laws.com/illegal-immigration/illegal-immigration-causes/overpopulation

Last edited:
Illegal Aliens Estimated at 20 to 38 Million
Diana Hull, President
Californians for Population Stabilization
(805) 564-6626
[email protected]
Report by CAPS Disputes Government Figures
WASHINGTON, DC—Homeland Security's August 31 report that 8 to 12 million illegal aliens reside in the United States grossly underestimates the number of illegal foreigners, according to a new study by the Californians for Population Stabilization (CAPS) released on Wednesday, October 3.
CAPS - Illegal Aliens Estimated at 20 to 38 Million

La Raza: Deporting 12 Million Illegal Aliens ‘Not a Realistic Solution’ and U.S. Should Stop Trying

“Deporting 12 million people is not a realistic solution,” she [NCLR Immigration Field Coordinator A. Elena Lacayo] wrote [in response to a question from CNS]. “It’s time we create a rational immigration system, take these people out of the shadows and restore the rule of law.”
American Renaissance News: La Raza: Deporting 12 Million Illegal Aliens 'Not a Realistic Solution' and U.S. Should Stop Trying

See comments;
If we cut off incentives like promise of amnesty and all freebies, jobs and automatic birthright citizenship they will self deport. They are doing it already because SB1070 and the economy.

OBAMA AND REID; DESTROYING MEXICO.
Colin Powell; “You break, you own it.”

I am a diehard democrat but I am going to be voting straight Republican, even Sharron Angle gets my vote. I'd rather give my country to Tea Baggers than the illegal aliens and Mexico.

What happens to Mexico when we take their people, we become responsible for the people and for Mexico. We are fighting Mexico's war because of greed for cheap labor and votes and they have no people to fight with them. We are sending millions to Mexico, illegal are sending billions earned here back to Mexico's economy and now we are responsible for Mexico and it's people. What the hell come next.? Reid and Obama will go back to their cushy homes, but if it affects the American people it will soon affect them. You people are creating a nightmare for American with the Dream Act and promise of Amnesty. (Path to citizenship)

Democrats is destroying México by taking it’s people with the Dream Act, promise of Amnesty.

U.S. Military Will Offer Path to Citizenship

The military does not allow illegal immigrants to enlist, and that policy would not change, officers said. Recruiting officials pointed out that volunteers with temporary visas would have already passed a security screening and would have shown that they had no criminal record.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us/15immig.html

Reid’s Dream Act goes a bit further than this and opens the back door to amnesty for parents. Once you got the children, parents are a piece of cake. Beats trying to pass a Immigration Reform bill.

The bill would allow young illegal immigrants to become citizens if they have completed a university or college education or served two years in the military.
Barack Obama promised during this presidential run that he would introduce legislation to provide the estimated 12 to 20 million illegal immigrants, most of them Latinos, with a route to citizenship but has so far failed to deliver. This measure, even if the chances of passage appear at this stage to be slim, would go part way towards achieving that.

Dream Act immigration reform bill to be put to US Congress this week | World news | The Guardian

This will be the biggest mistake the United States of America will ever make in it's history. Very bad move.

Mexico’s Rich Don’t Like To Pay Taxes –
They Think You Should

By Brenda Walker

On July 10, the Senate passed a bill to provide $100 million in microloans for the poorest regions of Mexico. It's stunning that Congress would vote to provide financial aid to wealthy Mexico when 47 U.S. states have severe budget deficits and federal red ink is the highest ever.

Half of all Latin American billionaires, 11 out of 22, are Mexicans.
Furthermore, every social service for illegal aliens and legal immigrants financed by the American taxpayer—medical care, K-12 education, college tuition breaks, housing vouchers and food stamps—frees up more money for remittances.

Recent surveys show half of Latino immigrants send money home, with a monthly average amount of $250.

09/12/03 - Mexico’s Rich Don’t Like To Pay Taxes – They Think You Should, by Brenda Walker

The Education System in Mexico

The Secretaría de Educación Pública (SEP) is the governing body of Mexico in charge of all educational standards and rules. In 2004, the national government allotted almost $46 billion to education. Spanish is the primary language
used in most public and private schools. By 2004, Mexico’s literacy rate is 91%.
The National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) is the second largest public university in Mexico. The Monterrey’s Technological and Higher Education Institute (ITESM) is on the other hand considered to be one of the best private universities in Mexico. The Wall Street Journal declared it as the 7th top International Business School in the world.
The Education System in Mexico

Why Are One Million Americans Moving to Mexico?

A Low Cost of Living in Mexico Stretches Your Retirement Dollars

Posted on September 2, 2010 by Glynna Prentice

If you’re looking to stretch your retirement dollars, check out Mexico. The lower cost of living in Mexico means your money goes further there.

Assisted Living in Mexico–Slash Your Costs, Improve Your Care
Posted on June 1, 2010 by Glynna Prentice

These days, one of your biggest health expenses will likely come late in life: long-term or assisted-living care in your twilight years.

91 in Mexico: You’re Never Too Old to Live Your Dream
Posted on June 1, 2010 by James Tipton

At the age of 88, after more than 45 years living in Southern California, Tom Stephenson packed up and moved to Lake Chapala, Mexico, to begin a new life.
Mexico – International Living

Illegal Immigrants Returning To Mexico For American JobsMay 3, 2006 | ISSUE 42•18

02.03.99 MEXICO CITY—As dozens of major American corporations continue to move their manufacturing operations to Mexico, waves of job-seeking Mexican immigrants to the United States have begun making the deadly journey back across the border in search of better-paying Mexican-based American jobs.

"I came to this country seeking the job I sought when I first left this country," said Anuncio Reyes, 22, an undocumented worker who recrossed the U.S. border into Mexico last month, three years after leaving Mexico for the United States to work as an agricultural day laborer. "I spent everything I had to get back here. Yes, it was dangerous, and I miss my home. But as much as I love America, I have to go where the best American jobs are."
Illegal Immigrants Returning To Mexico For American Jobs | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Forum List

Back