Lindsey Graham: France Attack Shows We're In A Religious War

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), one of the first American politicians to comment onWednesday's shooting at the Paris office of satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, explained the attack as the latest episode in a clash between two irreconcilable cultures, of which only one can survive.

"It's not an attack on our homeland, but it's definitely an attack on our way of life," Graham told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. "There’s a perfect storm brewing to have this country hit again."

He continued, "Our way of life doesn’t fit into their scheme of how the world should be. If you stopped talking about radical Islam, if you never did a cartoon again, that’s not enough. What people need to get is they can’t be accommodated. They can’t be negotiated with. They have to be eventually destroyed."

More: Lindsey Graham: France Attack Shows We're In A Religious War

Sounds like Graham believes that the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim. Gee, that sounds familiar...

Graham is an idiot - who wants to play right into the hands of terrorists. The following article explains quite well:

Sharpening Contradictions: Why al-Qaeda attacked Satirists in Paris - Informed Comment

Last edited:
There's been a religious war going on for about 30 years, where have our leaders been?

We need to stop calling extremist terrorist groups by their religious associations.

Or at least start using the term "Christian-extremists" when discussing our own home grown American Taliban.

We need to stop calling extremist terrorist groups by their religious associations.

Or at least start using the term "Christian-extremists" when discussing our own home grown American Taliban.

Yeah, the way those Christian-extremist psychos have been doing everything they can to slaughter innocents the past several years is horrific.

Anything we can do to take the focus off of those women-hating, gay-hating, journalist beheading, mass murdering Islamists is a winner in MY book, you bet.

If we work hard enough to deflect, we can turn this conversation into a freaking discussion on spaghetti sauce recipes.

He's just like McCain- he never saw a possible war he didn't like.

As a liberal, I really don't believe all religions were created the same. No religion in the past 500 years has been so destructive and so evil as Islam has been.

I'm sorry but Islamic radicalism is much more prevalent than many people are willing to admit. Yes, peaceful Muslims exist, however they are a minority and primarily exist in the West.

Sorry Lakota usually I am on your side but I'm not this time. The republican you quoted happens to be correct this time.

Last edited:

Tell me, how many terrorists have killed innocent people in the name of Christianity in the last few hundred years? Like 5? Yeah probably not much more than that.

Why do these people shout "ali akbar" before they use their bodies for shrapnel or shoot down a helpless civilian? Does it mean "I have to take a piss" or does it have a perverted religious significance?

Why do these people shout "ali akbar" before they use their bodies for shrapnel or shoot down a helpless civilian? Does it mean "I have to take a piss" or does it have a perverted religious significance?

They the muslims consider themselves in a religious war. Somehow, because we think they're not isn't making it not so.

Sounds like Graham believes that the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim.

Nope. He did not say that.
it does seem that as much as he says they're worldview will not accommodate us, it would appear his worldview will not accommodate them.
"They have to be eventually destroyed."

Destroy or be destroyed.
seems like a good line to justify and rationalize actions.

They the muslims have no problem with attacking us. What would you have us do???

Pffft. Graham has never met a war he didn't like. He worships at the altar of Our Lady of Perpetual War. Screw him.
And according to the fake-assed media cons we've been ripe for another hit every sense a Democrat was elected into the White House. Don't you fear. The moment a Republican is elected to the Presidency they'll assure us we're once again safe.

The problem is that "Islam" is not a country.

So traditional invasions ala Iraq and Afghanistan don't work.

The US is best equipped to fight those types of conflicts with technology and intelligence.

But you never "win" a war like that, you just have to keep fighting forever.

The police forces of the world, when not completely corrupt, fight crime on a daily basis. That's why this really is a criminal act, and the fact that they were Muslims and terrorists is a difference without distinction, and what you call them does not affect the practical reality that without a country to invade, and rebuild, you can't defeat them militarilly

We have local cops for where we live, and the FBI for federal crimes, and that same kind of police work within an international effort is all we can do.

Forum List

Back