Lindsey Graham: "I'm glad" the NSA is spying on us.

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
...."We are under attack" from Islamic terrorists, he told Fox News. "It is happening in our own backyard, and I am glad that NSA is trying to find out what terrorists are up to overseas and inside the country."...

Page 2: The Government?s Phone, Text, and Email Spying, Explained - ABC News

In spite of all the outrage and hyperbole coming from the right, here's one of their own revealing the truth about what they REALLY think.

Desperate times call for desperate distortions. The left wing hypocrites were outraged that Bush was monitoring targeted selected overseas conversations but now it's fine that the Obama administration monitors everyone. The "intelligence" A-holes who are so interested in our conversations and E-mail couldn't even find a terrorist in Boston when the Russians gave them the names.

sorry there old phart, but i ain't buying that bullshit, i saw the muslime mulatto lying to our face once more about how we common citizens have nothing to worry about..., BULLSHIT !!!!! i am supposed to believe there are "millions" of phone numbers being spied on and NOT one is an innocent citizen ? gimme a fucking break man !!

there is nothing coming from this regimes puppets mouths that i will believe.., my Momma told me loooooooooooong ago, do not believe anything you read or hear and half of what you see, the only thing i might see that i would believe would be some of this regimes bodies hanging from the trees around the WH, kinda like Christmas tree decorations. :laugh2:

Desperate times call for desperate distortions. The left wing hypocrites were outraged that Bush was monitoring targeted selected overseas conversations but now it's fine that the Obama administration monitors everyone. The "intelligence" A-holes who are so interested in our conversations and E-mail couldn't even find a terrorist in Boston when the Russians gave them the names.

I'll agree with that as long as you agree that the right wing is just as guilty of hypocrisy for being outraged that Obama is doing this but was fine when Bush was. "Monitoring targeted selected overseas conversations?" - that's some masterful spin right there :cool:

Um, let's review.

They have my phone records, emails and credit card transactions but they can't stop the Boston Bombers even after Putin drop a dime on them to Obama.

USA, R.I.P

...."We are under attack" from Islamic terrorists, he told Fox News. "It is happening in our own backyard, and I am glad that NSA is trying to find out what terrorists are up to overseas and inside the country."...

In spite of all the outrage and hyperbole coming from the right, here's one of their own revealing the truth about what they REALLY think.

Well I hope ole Lindsay is happy as shit that he's being spied on. Hope he remembers this when it comes back to haunt him. I guess we have terrorists fricking everywhere folks.

In order for conservatives to be consistent they must condemn Graham as aggressively as they have Obama.

That won’t happen, of course.

Maybe they aren't the enemy to everyone.

There are some who are unable to even say the words "Muslim terrorist."

It is amazing that with all this spying, some Muslim terrorists easily carried out their plans. It's hard to believe the family didn't raise some red flags with neighbors considering how radical the mother sounded. But, other countries were onto them, so why weren't we?

It is amazing that with all this spying, some Muslim terrorists easily carried out their plans. It's hard to believe the family didn't raise some red flags with neighbors considering how radical the mother sounded. But, other countries were onto them, so why weren't we?

I bet the great spy plan works better on Americans. How about funding for all this covert bullshit ?? I bet it's covert too I don't even wanna think about the mercenaries, weapons, bla bla bla.

I bet the great spy plan works better on Americans. How about funding for all this covert bullshit ?? I bet it's covert too I don't even wanna think about the mercenaries, weapons, bla bla bla.

i was reading that one in seven daily president briefings come from prism

This is all fru-fru `cause Susan Rice is to be appointed head of the NSA...

... this has already been going on as part of the FISA/Patriot Act for several years now...

... and the media knows it.
:redface:
Obama: No one listening to your calls
Fri June 7, 2013 > U.S. programs represent troubling, "massive surveillance," author says; "Nobody is listening to your telephone calls," the president says; The formerly secret surveillance programs help prevent terror, he says; But critics say U.S. programs go too far and should be rolled back
Details on millions of American phone calls. Records of e-mails, texts, video chats and more from overseas. And pulsing beneath it all, a worrying concern there's more to the government's surveillance programs than what's been acknowledged. All the revelations about U.S. surveillance programs in recent days have put the government on the defensive, set privacy advocates howling for reform and left millions of Americans somewhere in the middle, wondering what the news means to them and what, if anything, they should do about it.

The man at the top says they should just relax. "Nobody is listening to your telephone calls," President Barack Obama said Friday as he tried to reassure Americans who have had to digest a dizzying array of revelations in the past few days. Among them:

-- U.S. intelligence agencies are, in fact, collecting details on just about every telephone call placed each day in the United States, U.S. officials confirmed. And they've been doing it for seven years, a senator added.

-- They're also monitoring the online activities of at least some overseas customers of Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Apple and other providers of popular online services.

NSA Web snooping no big deal to some

-- And they may be scooping up credit card data, as well, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday, citing people familiar with the operations of the National Security Agency.

MORE

See also:

Obama defends surveillance effort as 'trade-off' for security
- President Barack Obama on Friday staunchly defended the sweeping U.S. government surveillance of Americans' phone and internet activity, calling it a "modest encroachment" on privacy that was necessary to defend the United States from attack.
"Nobody is listening to your telephone calls. That's not what this program is about," Obama told reporters during a visit to California's Silicon Valley. He emphasized that the secret surveillance programs were supervised by federal judges and authorized by Congress, which had been briefed on the details. Obama's comments came after reports this week in Britain's Guardian newspaper and the Washington Post revealed that the National Security Agency and the FBI had secretly conducted surveillance of Americans' telephone and internet communications activities far beyond what had been made public.

The two reports triggered a broad debate about privacy rights and the proper limits of government surveillance in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States. They also sent White House officials and congressional leaders scrambling to explain why the government needs to collect information on trillions of phone calls and internet communications. "In the abstract you can complain about Big Brother and how this is a potential program run amok, but when you actually look at the details, I think we've struck the right balance," Obama said, noting that a secret federal court reviews requests for surveillance and that Congress is briefed on such activity.

He acknowledged having "a healthy skepticism" about the programs before he was first elected in 2008, but that he had since come to the conclusion that such "modest encroachments on privacy" were worth it. "You can't have 100 percent security and also then have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience," Obama said. "We're going to have to make some choices as a society. ... There are trade-offs involved." Obama's administration was already embroiled in other privacy controversies involving the searches of telephone records for Associated Press reporters and the phone records and emails of a Fox News reporter as part of leak investigations.

Those controversies, along with a scandal over the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative groups for extra tax scrutiny and questions about the handling of last year's deadly attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, have cast a cloud over Obama's second term and his pursuit of budget and immigration reform deals with Republicans.

TAPPING INTERNET TRAFFIC

Last edited:
Same deal for 7 years, with congressional oversight and judicial review every 3 months. Only for finding terrorists, especially taking orders from overseas. The Boston ones were lone wolf citizens the experts are most worried about. Get a grip, dupes of charlatans who bitch and moan no matter what "Obama" does...

Um, let's review.

They have my phone records, emails and credit card transactions but they can't stop the Boston Bombers even after Putin drop a dime on them to Obama.

USA, R.I.P

not only did Putin drop the dime on em

they interviewed one

and said nothing to see here

move on

You think that's just the right? That's more than likely all of them. They're just keeping their mouths shut to keep their bases happy.

Same deal for 7 years, with congressional oversight and judicial review every 3 months. Only for finding terrorists, especially taking orders from overseas. The Boston ones were lone wolf citizens the experts are most worried about. Get a grip, dupes of charlatans who bitch and moan no matter what "Obama" does...

cries the Bush basher----wtf--the great spy plan failed ?

point to a liberal saying this is ok? I havent seen one yet.

point to a liberal saying this is ok? I havent seen one yet.

godboy

Forum List

Back