List of Death Risks in the United States: Where does COVID Rank?

Read the maths before hand...

The maths was done against the whole population of US not the ones that die per year...

Thanks playing... Fucking Maths isn't their strong suit on the right...

Read the maths before hand...

The maths was done against the whole population of US not the ones that die per year...

Thanks playing... Fucking Maths isn't their strong suit on the right...
Extrapolated over a lifetime, not a single year. It's the odds of dying for each thing over a lifetime.

Learn to read.

Last edited:
Currently, COVID causes approximately 516 deaths per day in our country of over 330,000,000.. that's the 7 day average. If you apply that rate to an entire year, you get 188,000 people, which is a 0.05% chance you'll die from COVID. Given that the left is wanting to take such drastic steps to prevent this 0.05% chance... how does it stack up with other issues they are ignoring???

Heart Disease: 16.6% chance of dying
Cancer 14.3%
Chronic Lower Resp Disease 3.7%
Suicide 1.14%
Opiod Overdose 1.09%
Fall 0.94%
Car Crash 0.95%
Gun Assault 0.3%
Pedestrian Incident 0.18%
Motorcyle accident 0.11%
Drowning 0.08%
Fire 0.06%
CURRENT COVID RATE 0.05%
Choking on food 0.04%
Bicycle accident 0.03%
Sunstroke 0.01%
Accidental Gun Discharge 0.01%
Electrocution, Radiation 0.007%
Sharp Objects 0.003%
Cataclysmic Storm 0.002%
Hornet/Bee Stings 0.0017%
Hot Surfaces 0.0015%
Dog Attack 0.0011%
Lightning 0.0007%

Odd how something so far down the list gets so much attention. You'd think it would be the primetime killer based on media coverage.

It's not science, it's politics.
Since, according to the right-wing, the current pandemic is not very serious and they have no problem with superspreader events like Sturgis, why are they complaining so much about the less fortunate in border threads? Right-wing "hate on the Poor" (like lousy Christians)?

Currently, COVID causes approximately 516 deaths per day in our country of over 330,000,000.. that's the 7 day average.

Why cherry pick, when you have real numbers,

Heart Disease 690K
Cancer 598K
COVID 345k

That's an "average" of 945 per day. So you should double the numbers for whatever bullshit you were trying to sell.

Actually 2 in 10,000 by those numbers but those are a sign of the success.

This means there is just a 911 type of event once a week when it was like that once a day..

They are also ignoring the strain it is putting on Hospitals and ICU places and those knock on effects...

They are also ignoring the long term effects of COVID...

Then there is the horrendous maths...(Read previous post)
I agree with most of that, but 617,000 deaths is just a hair less than 2 out of every 1,000 people in the us.

Why would you lie and claim I said something I didn’t say?
rightwinger conceded the moment he introduced the new argument as if the thread was about that.

Screenshot_20210419-061015_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Since, according to the right-wing, the current pandemic is not very serious and they have no problem with superspreader events like Sturgis, why are they complaining so much about the less fortunate in border threads? Right-wing "hate on the Poor" (like lousy Christians)?
The misinformation from the right is that COVID has never been a big deal. No worse than the common cold or seasonal flu.
According to the OP, you are more likely to die of heart disease or a car accident. So why worry about COVID?

I have a problem of telling Trump sarcasm, from Trump hyperbole, from Trump "alternate facts", from Trump being Trump.

I still don't know where to file Trump wanting to buy Greenland

Trump uses sarcasm as an excuse for his bizarre statements.

When people mock them, he would say…..Can‘t you tell I was joking?

Trump uses sarcasm as an excuse for his bizarre statements.

When people mock them, he would say…..Can‘t you tell I was joking?

I guess after he doesn't become president in August, Trump will have to tell people that the whole "stop the steal" wasn't real, and he was just joking.

CURRENT COVID RATE 0.05%
That is probably ridiculously high, since most of the so-called 600k figures are people who died "with" covid or "with cold or flu symptoms. Most of this 0.05 figure likely belongs in the other categories like heart disease.

Forum List

Back