Little girl stands firm in face of street preacher's homophobic rant

This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues

I'm going with two sets of idiots.

One lot took her there and gave her a flag to wave.
The other lot ranted on to her.

Both are guilty of child abuse.

I totally agree, but IMO, the preacher man was crazy as hell, and you can't blame crazy people when they act crazy. If your child is there, as her parents, you remove her from such a volatile situation and not encourage her to instigate the crazies.

Exactly.

I totally agree, but IMO, the preacher man was crazy as hell, and you can't blame crazy people when they act crazy. If your child is there, as her parents, you remove her from such a volatile situation and not encourage her to instigate the crazies.
It was about fifteen seconds. She was not in any danger at all. You are just struggling to salvage your losing argument. Why not admit you were wrong; that you mistakenly thought they brought her to a rally but were wrong. Have some class?

Sorry, I have class as I would not use my child as a tool to instigate a crazy person. You, OTOH, support this and are therefore CLASSLESS.

Well, I guess that taking my granddaughter to San Francisco is out of the question. I used to live there, and it is virtually impossible to do anything without dealing with gays, which, of course, are likely to attract crazy people. Key West is off the list, too.

Why would I BLAME a crazy man for being crazy? I blame the parents because they should have removed the child from the volatile situation. That is their JOB as parents. Not to use the little girl for an agenda. Really, this is quite a simple concept. If you can't understand that, then IMO you've got no business being a parent.
It was a fucking street fair where gay people went with their families. If a bunch of new nazis showed up at a fair at a synagogue, you would blame the parents for taking their children there because you never know when a nazi might show up? This kid has more class and more courage to stand up for what is right than you, an adult, has. It was not a political rally. Look at the tents in the background. Are gay families required to stay home so their kids are not exposed to homophobic bigots? What if they happen to tune fo Fox News? They are likely to hear the same bigotry there. They may even happen upon a republican presidential debate and are certain to hear hatred directed at their parents. This kid learned that bigots cannot hurt her and that all she needs to do is greet their hate with love and tolerance.b too bad your kids don't have a parent like that.

It IS a political rally to celebrate and promote an AGENDA. These parents should have removed the child from the situation. She didn't learn anything. She probably doesn't even know what a "bigot" is.
No, you fucking moron, it was not a political rally. How hard is it for folks like you to educate yourself about the facts before spouting off and demonstrating your stupidity. It was community festival. One going on for over forty years. Music and art and exhibits. Face painting for kids. Nothing about it had anything to do with gay pride or politics.

It WAS political to celebrate the SC ruling. YOU are the fucking moron here, advocating using children for your cause. No excuses.
ComFest was not a Gay Rights activity. It is, in fact, a civic festival held in Columbus. The reason that maniac shouted at that little girl was because she held a Rainbow flag. Look at the video. It's a street fair and the politics was brought by the screaming man with God on his side.

Then, instead of filming, you take your child away from the situation. Not encourage her to instigate.

You lied about this being some sort of gay rights rally that these parents took their kid to when they should have expected that hateful pricks lie this preacher would show up. The truth is that this child, like the other 40,000 people who attended this festival, did so to have fun. Some hateful clown shows up and shouts his hate and this kid reacted with courage, class and grace. Three things that your kids, if they are anything like you, will lack.

I "lied?" Or I was mistaken? Does that even matter? It was inappropriate to let the child stand there while she was yelled at by a man who could potentially be dangerous.
I don't know. Did you lie or were you mistaken? Given that after I provided the link to the events you still claimed it was a political rally, my bet is that you were intitially mistaken but, lacking the integrity to admit you were wrong, lied.

The first person in a 2 person argument to go from a broad point to a specific more narrowed point is the person who lost the argument. You.
How about what the first person who proves that the other person's argument is based on a lie wins?

My argument is not based on a lie. Here is my argument. Hopefully you can understand THIS time. Don't use children as pawns in your silly games to instigate crazy street preachers. They are more than likely crazy and thus unpredictable and you could be putting your child in danger. Not to mention, using her as a pawn for an agenda is wrong. Those are my arguments. Refute them.
We can all take solace then that never ever at anytime have a heterosexual couple ever exposed their children to the escentric the zealous and the maniacal.

It was about fifteen seconds. She was not in any danger at all. You are just struggling to salvage your losing argument. Why not admit you were wrong; that you mistakenly thought they brought her to a rally but were wrong. Have some class?

Sorry, I have class as I would not use my child as a tool to instigate a crazy person. You, OTOH, support this and are therefore CLASSLESS.
I support a family feeling that they are allowed to take their child to a community festival and not leaving just cause one of your friends shows up an spouts nonsense for fifteen seconds.

Well, I guess that taking my granddaughter to San Francisco is out of the question. I used to live there, and it is virtually impossible to do anything without dealing with gays, which, of course, are likely to attract crazy people. Key West is off the list, too.

No, you see, you are focusing on something that is NOT my argument. Here is my argument. If your child is being verbally abused and yelled at by a crazy person, you take your child away from that situation because your job as a parent is to protect her, not to film it for an agenda.

It was a fucking street fair where gay people went with their families. If a bunch of new nazis showed up at a fair at a synagogue, you would blame the parents for taking their children there because you never know when a nazi might show up? This kid has more class and more courage to stand up for what is right than you, an adult, has. It was not a political rally. Look at the tents in the background. Are gay families required to stay home so their kids are not exposed to homophobic bigots? What if they happen to tune fo Fox News? They are likely to hear the same bigotry there. They may even happen upon a republican presidential debate and are certain to hear hatred directed at their parents. This kid learned that bigots cannot hurt her and that all she needs to do is greet their hate with love and tolerance.b too bad your kids don't have a parent like that.

It IS a political rally to celebrate and promote an AGENDA. These parents should have removed the child from the situation. She didn't learn anything. She probably doesn't even know what a "bigot" is.
No, you fucking moron, it was not a political rally. How hard is it for folks like you to educate yourself about the facts before spouting off and demonstrating your stupidity. It was community festival. One going on for over forty years. Music and art and exhibits. Face painting for kids. Nothing about it had anything to do with gay pride or politics.

It WAS political to celebrate the SC ruling. YOU are the fucking moron here, advocating using children for your cause. No excuses.
ComFest was not a Gay Rights activity. It is, in fact, a civic festival held in Columbus. The reason that maniac shouted at that little girl was because she held a Rainbow flag. Look at the video. It's a street fair and the politics was brought by the screaming man with God on his side.

Then, instead of filming, you take your child away from the situation. Not encourage her to instigate.
There you go, making shit up again. How do you know who took the video?

I "lied?" Or I was mistaken? Does that even matter? It was inappropriate to let the child stand there while she was yelled at by a man who could potentially be dangerous.
I don't know. Did you lie or were you mistaken? Given that after I provided the link to the events you still claimed it was a political rally, my bet is that you were intitially mistaken but, lacking the integrity to admit you were wrong, lied.

The first person in a 2 person argument to go from a broad point to a specific more narrowed point is the person who lost the argument. You.
How about what the first person who proves that the other person's argument is based on a lie wins?

My argument is not based on a lie. Here is my argument. Hopefully you can understand THIS time. Don't use children as pawns in your silly games to instigate crazy street preachers. They are more than likely crazy and thus unpredictable and you could be putting your child in danger. Not to mention, using her as a pawn for an agenda is wrong. Those are my arguments. Refute them.
We can all take solace then that never ever at anytime have a heterosexual couple ever exposed their children to the escentric the zealous and the maniacal.

And I would not support them either. Supporting this type of thing is nothing but sheer selfishness.

There you go, making shit up again. How do you know who took the video?

Again, does it matter? The point is that the parents did not remove the child from a volatile situation and allowed her to be encouraged to instigate a crazy man for an agenda.

No, you see, you are focusing on something that is NOT my argument. Here is my argument. If your child is being verbally abused and yelled at by a crazy person, you take your child away from that situation because your job as a parent is to protect her, not to film it for an agenda.

Oh, the parents filmed it? i missed that information. Where did it come from?

I support a family feeling that they are allowed to take their child to a community festival and not leaving just cause one of your friends shows up an spouts nonsense for fifteen seconds.

Tis wrong, no matter how you try and slice it.

Why would I BLAME a crazy man for being crazy? I blame the parents because they should have removed the child from the volatile situation. That is their JOB as parents. Not to use the little girl for an agenda. Really, this is quite a simple concept. If you can't understand that, then IMO you've got no business being a parent.

Who cares what the man did. It's irrelevant. The kid shouldn't have been there, period. Also, comfest is held in my home city and I go there every year to see women with painted nipples shirtless and braless. Kids go early in the day and adults show up late in the day. Pot gets smoked and sold their all the time despite the police activity, and beer is sold in large portions at night. However, it's not a gay event. It's a hippie event with good musical entertainment and shops with cool things.

You can't compare the two.

Of course, that is not what you were saying all day. You were attacking the parents for taking her there. Now you are saying that they should have rushed her away from the bad man. Perhaps you raise your kids to be cowards but these parents raised a strong child.

Tis wrong, no matter how you try and slice it.
Your lying? We agree. That was wrong.

You have to be retarded to NOT understand and AGREE with this.

Well, the truth is that I kind of like agitating crazy people, but it is getting late, so, I have other things to do.

Oh, the parents filmed it? i missed that information. Where did it come from?

Focus now on my argument instead of the minute details. My argument again for you since you don't seem to get it. If you are out with your child and a crazy man approaches her and starts yelling at her, you take your child away from that volatile situation. You do not film it or allow others to film it and put it on Youtube for your own selfish purposes. Now argue that instead of focusing on the silly details that do nothing to take away from my very valid and common sense argument.

Who cares what the man did. It's irrelevant. The kid shouldn't have been there, period. Also, comfest is held in my home city and I go there every year to see women with painted nipples shirtless and braless. Kids go early in the day and adults show up late in the day. Pot gets smoked and sold their all the time despite the police activity, and beer is sold in large portions at night. However, it's not a gay event. It's a hippie event with good musical entertainment and shops with cool things.

You can't compare the two.
What time of the day was this kid there?

Forum List

Back