Little girl stands firm in face of street preacher's homophobic rant

Why don't you just climb up inside his butthole? How pathetic.
You certainly are making his point for him, aren't you?

Oh? What point would that be? Please elaborate. You mad because I don't support using children for a political agenda?
Not mad at all...just missing your complaining about children, hundreds of children, being used by churches for a political agenda in 2008.

Hmm. Was I here in 2008?
Is it just about here? Maybe you should ask yourself, were you alive in 2008? Did you care in 2008? Or is it something you just now "suddenly" have a problem with?

Look crazy lady, I don't know what your issue is about 2008. If something that happened in 2008 bothers you, then start a thread about it. I am speaking about the topic of THIS thread which has nothing to do with 2008.

Wait, a clown is trying to make a profound statement? Maybe I should have read every post.

You certainly are making his point for him, aren't you?

Oh? What point would that be? Please elaborate. You mad because I don't support using children for a political agenda?
Not mad at all...just missing your complaining about children, hundreds of children, being used by churches for a political agenda in 2008.

Hmm. Was I here in 2008?
Is it just about here? Maybe you should ask yourself, were you alive in 2008? Did you care in 2008? Or is it something you just now "suddenly" have a problem with?

Look crazy lady, I don't know what your issue is about 2008. If something that happened in 2008 bothers you, then start a thread about it. I am speaking about the topic of THIS thread which has nothing to do with 2008.
Yes...like you didn't read my post about parents and churches dragging 100s of kids out to street corners to hold up Yes on H8 signs in 2008. Sure.....:D

Little Girl Does Not Give a Fuck About Street Preacher s Homophobic Rant

So, to those of the Christian Right: Are you as smart as a fifth grader?

While I support gay marriage, I have a problem with this. This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues and is not old enough or knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about such issues. I think it's quite clear that a person (probably one of her parents) gave her a flag and told her to stand and wave it around. They are USING the child as a pawn, and that is wrong no matter what. Who would expose a young impressionable child to such bitterness and ugliness?

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.

The kid was being used as a pawn. You are correct. Don't let these morons here at USMB tell you differently.
No...the kid pwn'd that idiot preacher. There's a profound difference.

Children shouldn't be used as tools, that's what that was
So...you have a problem with churches having children stand on street corners with Yes on H8 signs in 2008. Good to know.

Yes, this is not different than any other kind of indoctrination. Go to your protests. Leave the children at home. They are children and should not be involved in this kind of political bullshit. They should be enjoying their childhood. It's the only one they will have.

Once again, this was not a protest.

That is not the point. It is a volatile atmosphere, not appropriate for a 6-year-old child.

The atmosphere was fine until the radical preacher showed up.

Anyone with a functioning brain cell would realize that this is not a good environment to bring a child, and to use a child to promote a political agenda is also WRONG. That's the bottom line here.

Hmm. Was I here in 2008?

Yes...like you didn't read my post about parents and churches dragging 100s of kids out to street corners to hold up Yes on H8 signs in 2008. Sure.....:D

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread? Like I told you, I'm posting about this subject, not the subject you want me to post on.

So...you have a problem with churches having children stand on street corners with Yes on H8 signs in 2008. Good to know.

Yes, this is not different than any other kind of indoctrination. Go to your protests. Leave the children at home. They are children and should not be involved in this kind of political bullshit. They should be enjoying their childhood. It's the only one they will have.

That is not the point. It is a volatile atmosphere, not appropriate for a 6-year-old child.

Anyone with a functioning brain cell would realize that this is not a good environment to bring a child, and to use a child to promote a political agenda is also WRONG. That's the bottom line here.
Parades are not a good environment for children???????

Little Girl Does Not Give a Fuck About Street Preacher s Homophobic Rant

So, to those of the Christian Right: Are you as smart as a fifth grader?

While I support gay marriage, I have a problem with this. This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues and is not old enough or knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about such issues. I think it's quite clear that a person (probably one of her parents) gave her a flag and told her to stand and wave it around. They are USING the child as a pawn, and that is wrong no matter what. Who would expose a young impressionable child to such bitterness and ugliness?

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.

The kid was being used as a pawn. You are correct. Don't let these morons here at USMB tell you differently.

She looked confused and nervous to me, wondering why the preacher was yelling at her, wondering why people were giving her high 5s.

Not this type of parade. This is not a parade geared towards children, obviously.

Not this type of parade. This is not a parade geared towards children, obviously.
Why not? How many gay pride parades have you been to. They have sports groups, Boy Scouts, churches, businesses, bands, politicians, pet groups, military groups, etc.

I think it's rotten to put a little child through that. If someone was yelling and screaming such things at MY child, there would be hell to pay. Why didn't the parents step in and take the child away?

I think it's rotten to put a little child through that. If someone was yelling and screaming such things at MY child, there would be hell to pay. Why didn't the parents step in and take the child away?

Why? Because instead of protecting their child against verbal abuse, they felt that the agenda was more important, getting it on Youtube, you know?

She looked confused and nervous to me, wondering why the preacher was yelling at her, wondering why people were giving her high 5s.
That's deadpan...not confused. She had her "I ain't doing it!" face on.

Why? Because instead of protecting their child against verbal abuse, they felt that the agenda was more important, getting it on Youtube, you know?
So...you are saying this was staged?

How would I know? I do know that most parents would have whisked their child away from such a person and not sat there and filmed it.

That's deadpan...not confused. She had her "I ain't doing it!" face on.

That is your opinion. I see it differently.

How would I know? I do know that most parents would have whisked their child away from such a person and not sat there and filmed it.
You "know" that?

Forum List

Back