Little girl stands firm in face of street preacher's homophobic rant

I want to talk more about this gay pride parade stuff. What are they "proud" of anyways? Let's talk! :D

I think that we have gotten to the bottom of Chris' objection. It is not about the child. it is about gay pride.

I want to talk more about this gay pride parade stuff. What are they "proud" of anyways? Let's talk! :D

I think that we have gotten to the bottom of Chris' objection. It is not about the child. it is about gay pride.

I think I've made my position on the issue of involving a child to promote an agenda quite clear. No need to keep going with that. I want to talk about the gay pride parades. What are they proud of?

We are proud of being U.S. citizens....not second-class. Probably just as Proud as Irish-Americans....they have a cool parade too......

No. It's called the GAY PRIDE PARADE. Not the US Citizens Pride parade. Lol.
Interesting. You don't think of Gay Americans as US Citizens. Well, you would be wrong. Thus a very good reason for our Pride Parades. How many have you been to to see what they are like?

Hey! Was it you who was bitching about people putting words in your mouth earlier? ;)
I was? When?

Do you not understand questions? It was a yes or no question. Pretty simple unless you are senile.

Little Girl Does Not Give a Fuck About Street Preacher s Homophobic Rant

So, to those of the Christian Right: Are you as smart as a fifth grader?

While I support gay marriage, I have a problem with this. This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues and is not old enough or knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about such issues. I think it's quite clear that a person (probably one of her parents) gave her a flag and told her to stand and wave it around. They are USING the child as a pawn, and that is wrong no matter what. Who would expose a young impressionable child to such bitterness and ugliness?

I got news for ya, we are all pawns.

We are proud of being U.S. citizens....not second-class. Probably just as Proud as Irish-Americans....they have a cool parade too......

Interesting. You don't think of Gay Americans as US Citizens. Well, you would be wrong. Thus a very good reason for our Pride Parades. How many have you been to to see what they are like?
Gays are just like the rest of us.
Most of them are private about their sex-lives....like my sister.
But some of them are just plain assholes......just like straights are.

The CHILD has been on this earth for a grand total of SIX years. :rolleyes-41: She has no CLUE what is going on at a gay rally or protest.

I also question what kind of scum street preacher would get in a little girl's face like that.

The guy has a screw loose obviously. This is why it is a bad environment for little ones. You want to protest, that's fine. Leave the kids out of it!

HELLO IN THERE....IT WAS A PARADE!!!

Apparently, Carla, there are "good" parades, and "bad" parades.

I love it when "freedumb" lovers say we shouldn't take our children to parades. :p

Apparently you have never been to a "parade" except for maybe some gay pride parade. :lol:

You see, it's your toxic bullshit like this that turns people AWAY from your cause.

Hang on. It's not clear from the video that the girl was intentionally guided to he ranting preacher. It's possible that he picked her out. In that case, the support of onlookers would be appropriate.

Hey! Was it you who was bitching about people putting words in your mouth earlier? ;)
I was? When?

Do you not understand questions? It was a yes or no question. Pretty simple unless you are senile.
You are claiming that I was "bitching about people putting words in" my mouth earlier. I do not recall doing that....when did I do that?

I was? When?

You are claiming that I was "bitching about people putting words in" my mouth earlier. I do not recall doing that....when did I do that?

I thought I read you post about people putting words into your mouth that you didn't like? Am I wrong?

I was? When?

I thought I read you post about people putting words into your mouth that you didn't like? Am I wrong?
You'll have to point out where I did such a thing as you claim since I don't recall doing that here at all.

While I support gay marriage, I have a problem with this. This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues and is not old enough or knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about such issues. I think it's quite clear that a person (probably one of her parents) gave her a flag and told her to stand and wave it around. They are USING the child as a pawn, and that is wrong no matter what. Who would expose a young impressionable child to such bitterness and ugliness?

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.

do you think that when kids are indoctrinated with religion

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.

Don't be silly.

The answer to your question can be found within the thread.

Don't be silly.

Seriously? First you put words in my mouth and now you're answering questions for me too?

What did I say earlier?

The CHILD has been on this earth for a grand total of SIX years. :rolleyes-41: She has no CLUE what is going on at a gay rally or protest.

The guy has a screw loose obviously. This is why it is a bad environment for little ones. You want to protest, that's fine. Leave the kids out of it!

I love it when "freedumb" lovers say we shouldn't take our children to parades. :p

Apparently you have never been to a "parade" except for maybe some gay pride parade. :lol:

You see, it's your toxic bullshit like this that turns people AWAY from your cause.

Hang on. It's not clear from the video that the girl was intentionally guided to he ranting preacher. It's possible that he picked her out. In that case, the support of onlookers would be appropriate.

I don't have any problem with the onlookers. Now, where were this little girl's parents at? Why would they let some strange and obviously crazy man start yelling at their child about things she doesn't understand? Would you have stood by as some crazy man (who COULD have the potential to become violent) yelled at your little girl like that?

I don't have any problem with the onlookers. Now, where were this little girl's parents at? Why would they let some strange and obviously crazy man start yelling at their child about things she doesn't understand? Would you have stood by as some crazy man (who COULD have the potential to become violent) yelled at your little girl like that?

A reasonable question, but if you knew me, you wouldn't have to ask. As mother and father both, Nobody got away with trying to do something like that to my kid. Especially when she was so young.

A reasonable question, but if you knew me, you wouldn't have to ask. As mother and father both, Nobody got away with trying to do something like that to my kid. Especially when she was so young.

Well then you can understand why I would think the parents were using this child as a pawn. There is no other reason, in my mind, why they would just stand by filming as some madman is screaming at their little girl.

I don't think any of us have the answer to your question. You're just going to have to write the parents a letter and ask them where they were.

Do you think this would have been a peaceful event without the preachers, with their hate signs, yelling at the people who attended the festival?

I don't think any of us have the answer to your question. You're just going to have to write the parents a letter and ask them where they were.

Do you think this would have been a peaceful event without the preachers, with their hate signs, yelling at the people who attended the festival?

Probably not, but anyone with half a brain could figure out that this is really not an appropriate venue in which to bring a child because of the volatility of the situation. We know these kinds of events are going to attract crazies out of the woodwork.

Probably not, but anyone with half a brain could figure out that this is really not an appropriate venue in which to bring a child because of the volatility of the situation. We know these kinds of events are going to attract crazies out of the woodwork.

So, what you're saying is that families should stay away from peaceful events for fear of radical crazy preachers? And that doesn't seem a little fascist to you?

If anyone needs to go home, shouldn't it be the person causing the problems?

So, what you're saying is that families should stay away from peaceful events for fear of radical crazy preachers? And that doesn't seem a little fascist to you?

If anyone needs to go home, shouldn't it be the person causing the problems?

I don't think anyone would expect this to be a "peaceful" event, given the controversy of the subject matter.

Forum List

Back