Little girl stands firm in face of street preacher's homophobic rant

yet no one objects to the children at anti ssm holding their bibles...do you think they understand god

Are you asking me? Quote function? :)

Anyhow, I already stated in this thread that there is absolutely no difference. If you are against children being "indoctrinated" then you would be against this type of indoctrination as well. A child of that age is too young to understand any of this stuff. She should be going to a parade that is geared towards children, not gay people. You know? Age appropriate activities?

Hang on. It's not clear from the video that the girl was intentionally guided to he ranting preacher. It's possible that he picked her out. In that case, the support of onlookers would be appropriate.

I don't have any problem with the onlookers. Now, where were this little girl's parents at? Why would they let some strange and obviously crazy man start yelling at their child about things she doesn't understand? Would you have stood by as some crazy man (who COULD have the potential to become violent) yelled at your little girl like that?

I don't think any of us have the answer to your question. You're just going to have to write the parents a letter and ask them where they were.

Do you think this would have been a peaceful event without the preachers, with their hate signs, yelling at the people who attended the festival?

Probably not, but anyone with half a brain could figure out that this is really not an appropriate venue in which to bring a child because of the volatility of the situation. We know these kinds of events are going to attract crazies out of the woodwork.

So, what you're saying is that families should stay away from peaceful events for fear of radical crazy preachers? And that doesn't seem a little fascist to you?

If anyone needs to go home, shouldn't it be the person causing the problems?

I don't think anyone would expect this to be a "peaceful" event, given the controversy of the subject matter.

I expected peaceful events. All of those that oppose the subject matter and gas on about 'civil war' and 'violence' towards gays are nothing but big blowhards.

I don't have any problem with the onlookers. Now, where were this little girl's parents at? Why would they let some strange and obviously crazy man start yelling at their child about things she doesn't understand? Would you have stood by as some crazy man (who COULD have the potential to become violent) yelled at your little girl like that?

I don't think any of us have the answer to your question. You're just going to have to write the parents a letter and ask them where they were.

Do you think this would have been a peaceful event without the preachers, with their hate signs, yelling at the people who attended the festival?

Probably not, but anyone with half a brain could figure out that this is really not an appropriate venue in which to bring a child because of the volatility of the situation. We know these kinds of events are going to attract crazies out of the woodwork.

So, what you're saying is that families should stay away from peaceful events for fear of radical crazy preachers? And that doesn't seem a little fascist to you?

I don't think anyone would expect this to be a "peaceful" event, given the controversy of the subject matter.

I expected peaceful events. All of those that oppose the subject matter and gas on about 'civil war' and 'violence' towards gays are nothing but big blowhards.

Are you serious? Then you are QUITE naive, I must say.

Was there any violence at these celebrations?

Hang on. It's not clear from the video that the girl was intentionally guided to he ranting preacher. It's possible that he picked her out. In that case, the support of onlookers would be appropriate.

And why the fuck shouldn't we expect this be a peaceful event?

yet no one objects to the children at anti ssm holding their bibles...do you think they understand god

Anyhow, I already stated in this thread that there is absolutely no difference. If you are against children being "indoctrinated" then you would be against this type of indoctrination as well. A child of that age is too young to understand any of this stuff. She should be going to a parade that is geared towards children, not gay people. You know? Age appropriate activities?

So you're against taking children to church?

I'm against indoctrinating children into something that they cannot even understand. I am against parents using their children as pawns. I mean really, this is not rocket science. It should be plain old common sense to any parent that your child's safety and well being comes FIRST, before your political or religious beliefs.

Oh stop it.

Little Girl Does Not Give a Fuck About Street Preacher s Homophobic Rant

So, to those of the Christian Right: Are you as smart as a fifth grader?
Agreement with sexual perverts is not a measurement of intellect but what fear did the preacher specifically state? I find the left primary smears anyone that disagrees with them so I'm thinking the homophobia accusation is just more of the same.

Come on, this guy was clearly a nut job, yelling at a little child like that.

Are you a parent? If you were, you would understand what I'm saying.

No, I am not a parent. There wasn't violence at these celebrations, so whatever fear you have seems a bit irrational.

No, I am not a parent. There wasn't violence at these celebrations, so whatever fear you have seems a bit irrational.

That is not the point. The point is that there is a potential for violence at these types of events. That is not irrational. That is common sense.

I'm against indoctrinating children into something that they cannot even understand. I am against parents using their children as pawns. I mean really, this is not rocket science. It should be plain old common sense to any parent that your child's safety and well being comes FIRST, before your political or religious beliefs.

That's what church is...it's indoctrination. And it's a subject that children don't understand. Yet you have no problem with that indoctrination. And gay pride festivals ARE peaceful, unless outside agitators show up.

Hey, how about if gay people start busting into churches to create a hostile environment? Will you tell the families of the church that it's no longer appropriate to take their children to church? It's just plain old common sense to any parent that your child's safety comes first!!! They should set aside their religious beliefs due to the outside agitators???

That's what church is...it's indoctrination. And it's a subject that children don't understand. Yet you have no problem with that indoctrination. And gay pride festivals ARE peaceful, unless outside agitators show up.

Hey, how about if gay people start busting into churches to create a hostile environment? Will you tell the families of the church that it's no longer appropriate to take their children to church? It's just plain old common sense to any parent that your child's safety comes first!!! They should set aside their religious beliefs due to the outside agitators???

Man, are you stupid or something? Maybe it's your reading comprehension that sucks?

That is not the point. The point is that there is a potential for violence at these types of events. That is not irrational. That is common sense.

There is a potential for violence at any event. Should parents not take their children to the ball park b/c some drunk fan might start a fight? Not hardly.

Little Girl Does Not Give a Fuck About Street Preacher s Homophobic Rant

So, to those of the Christian Right: Are you as smart as a fifth grader?
Agreement with sexual perverts is not a measurement of intellect but what fear did the preacher specifically state? I find the left primary smears anyone that disagrees with them so I'm thinking the homophobia accusation is just more of the same.
Come on, this guy was clearly a nut job, yelling at a little child like that.
I didn't watch it and am not excusing any bad behavior, my point was that everything not uplifting to homosexuals is called homophobia now. That's beyond stupid.

I'm repeating this again for you . . . Please don't ask me to repeat it again.

Forum List

Back