Little Sympathy for California Fire Victims

We are welcoming all Trump voters to leave, pronto. Go. It's too dangerous and risky for you here. Save yourself. GO!

And you CommieFornians will not cry to the federal government to make up the TENS OF BILLIONS of dollars of deficit your state suffers from by taking money from the states we move to?? DEAL!

Californians are clearly made of stronger stuff that red state snowflakes. We can handle a couple of hours without electricity. For fuck's sake, you can't make it a few hours without electricity?

WOW! I have heard talk of this human condition called "Delusional" yet this is the best example of it I have EVER seen! Imagine, any CommieFornia snowflake being better at surviving than a Kentucky "redneck" who hunts his own food, catches his own fish, grows his own crops, and builds and defends his own home! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I am a LEGAL resident. Don't work yourself into a heart attack, we are fine. We send more money TO the fed than we receive from the Fed. We are taking care of your sorry stupid red state FAT asses.

Again, pure delusional behavior.

And at the same time we are taking care of your lazy selves, we are enjoying beautiful scenery and fine weather. Beaches, mountains, desert, ocean, redwoods, and more!

and the first time something scary happens, your governor runs to the feds to demand money from our states to make up YOUR shortfalls!

Last edited:
The value is in the land. Postcard views everywhere. The polar opposite of Kensucky

Lol, bull shit.

View attachment 286987 View attachment 286988 View attachment 286989

Okay, maybe if the post card is from Somalia.
Paved roads, something else you don’t see in Kensucky

Not so. As a matter of fact, last time I drove through that state the roads were awesome. 90mph all the way to Tennessee. California on the other hand? You can only go fast on roads the Feds take care of. But if it so good, why is everyone leaving?

We are welcoming all Trump voters to leave, pronto. Go. It's too dangerous and risky for you here. Save yourself. GO!

What your saying is only democrats and their ideology that is destroying California, - because we the voters are allowing to have basic services cut for the citizens , but government employees pensions are funded.
Big Government being badly mismanaged, but no conservative ideology that was working for everyone.
O.K. !
Wow

1. maybe CA should clear old wood fallen

2. maybe CA should clear both sides of power lines by 25 yards

3.maybe CA should clear cut trees , so they are not too close together

4. maybe CA should make $$$$$$ from the above ideas by using loggers to get the job done

5. loggers happy, CA happy, less fires, people happy, tree huggers unhappy, animals happy (not burned up)

6. less smog

Oh? So ... you haven't been here since 1885?

Our roads are like GLASS. When I ride my Goldwing in CommieFornia, it is like riding over piles of broken pallets, but in Kentucky, the roads are so smooth and fantastic, that the biggest risk is falling asleep while riding.

Last edited:
Not new. Sorry if that rankles you. It's not my fault. I'm not in charge of the blackouts that have been going on for YEARS and YEARS. Even decades.
dont remember any in the 80's or 90's ...they started i believe early this century...
Definitely in 1997. That was the year fire burned in the canyon behind my house. Many fires that year in SoCal. There were blackouts. 22 years ago.
i thought you were talking about the so called mandatory ones were they tell you its going off....not the ones caused by something like a fire...
I was talking about the mandatory blackouts, but I am not going to fall on the sword for this. I remember a blackout in 1997, the year that my house was threatened, but not during that fire. Perhaps there was a fire further off that I don't remember. My electric company at that time was So Cal Edison. I've never dealt with PG&E.

In any case, the blackouts have been going on for years. They are not a surprise anymore.

I left California in 2009.

In the nearly forty years I lived in there (Ventura County - Camarillo, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, though there were a couple of years in Canoga Park), the only "mandatory" blackouts I recall were the rolling blackouts they occasionally sprung on the populace during extreme heat events that strained the power grids, and those were few and far between. This was in the mid '80s to mid '90s, maybe. Never did they use them as a fire prevention measure. That portions of the state that gave birth to Silicon Valley resort to third world solutions to first world problems is, let's face it, kind of funny...

The thing people always seem to forget about Southern California is this: It's a desert. It has always been a desert. No matter how much water they divert from the Colorado River, it will always be a desert. Because it's a desert, it is dry. Because it is dry, it burns.

As for Northern California... I don't as much. But PG&E... remember San Bruno...

As to the OP... anyone lacking sympathy for anyone in the path of a natural disaster, regardless of their social or financial status, is lacking something... though they have plenty of envy.

I would imagine those folks have this figured out. It's not a new thing in California. It's probably only the stupid red state nutters that would sit there wringing there hands when the power went out. Even though you knew it was gonna happen.

Talking out of your ass again, I see.

I have a 20 Kw Cummins-Onan generator attached to my home, and a 1,000 gallon propane tank to fuel it.

I did everything the insurance company required me to do when they agreed to insure my property.

I agree with you ... almost 100% !

The insurance company should have visited your home and said, "We are NOT going to insure this home against a fire until these trees are cut back, this brush is removed, and the exterior of the home is either painted with fireproof paint or replaced with fireproof materials. You also need a sprinkler system inside."

They agreed to insure a tinder box in an area that would almost certainly go up in flames, so they are on the hook to build you a NEW tinder box.

However, that does NOT excuse YOU from taking additional steps to reduce their exposure to a loss.

Do you know why I obey the speed limits? It is not because I am afraid of speeding tickets. It is not because "God is watching me."

It is because I APPRECIATE my insurance company having my back in the event of an UNAVOIDABLE accident, so I make a real effort to reduce their exposure to claims by consciously trying to drive as safely as possible whenever I am behind the wheel, or on my motorcycle. If something happens that is beyond my control, they will pay the claim, but I do everything I can to prevent them from ever needing to pay a claim. I park where I am less likely to get door dings. I let the road rage ass hats speed ahead of me. I lock my doors. I don't drive drunk. I stop when I am drowsy on long trips. I don't tailgate.

I try to keep their costs down, and in turn, they try to keep my premiums down. That is how a CONSERVATIVE thinks.

Insurance companies are now adopting my philosophy.

"Don't mess with my discount!"

If only you were in charge of the world, right?

It's called individual responsibility at your own expense or extra labor to keep your home maintained.
You are in charge of doing things not extra responsibilities by gov. or company insurance.
You

I know, red state nutters want to control every single aspect of every person's life. I know it rankles you that you don't have that power. Bless your heart.

I'm not sure you understand how insurance works. We sign a contract where I agree to pay money and the insurance company agrees to pay for my covered losses. There are rules and regulations we each must follow. That's how it works.

You do not get to insert yourself in the middle of my relationship with my insurance company and insist that I must do extra work that you (apparently) will determine. GFY.

Voting for Dems big government to take care of you is controlling.
Individual responsibly is less gov. more freedom.
No one is forcing you to do anything.
If you decide not to ,let your home burn down just don't ask the rest of tax payers to help.
What you get from your insurance only not Fed disaster assistance.

Our roads are like GLASS.
The roads are glass. It. Comes from the discarded crack pipes and bongs Kensuckians toss out the missing windows of their 1982 Datsun B-210s

the biggest risk is falling asleep while riding.

no kidding. Kensucky matters for 2 minutes a year...during a horse race. The rest of the time the population of the shithole tries to come to grips with their realization of bad life choices that deposited them there

The value is in the land. Postcard views everywhere. The polar opposite of Kensucky

Lol, bull shit.

View attachment 286987 View attachment 286988 View attachment 286989

Okay, maybe if the post card is from Somalia.

Not so. As a matter of fact, last time I drove through that state the roads were awesome. 90mph all the way to Tennessee. California on the other hand? You can only go fast on roads the Feds take care of. But if it so good, why is everyone leaving?

that you were doing nearly 100mph to leave is all the evidence we need. Thanks

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

Does this make ANY sense?

b60e4ac2-e4be-11e8-9876-950c8650801f_image_hires_180043.jpg

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg

If I understand it right, the homes are given Federal, or State money to rebuild, without requiring putting in place anti-fire standards.

But it's no different than money to rebuild in Hurricane areas. I personally would be in favor of FEMA money being dependent on applying higher building standards.

For example, homes along the coast should be required to be made of concrete.

Boy didn't that strike a nerve and prove how right I really am.

No, you are not right. You are just arrogant and egotistical.

Water on a cold home soaks the walls. Soaks the framing.

REALLY? So when it RAINS on your home (cold water applied to the exterior of your home) , the framing inside of the walls becomes soaked? The drywall becomes soft and wet? The insulation is now soaked and MOLD is now a concern? The beading water runs out into your living room beneath the baseboards? Are you trying to pass off that bullshit as fact?

A superheated fire with 80 mile an hour wind cold home go boom.

You are so full of crap you should change your name to BANDINI.

Take the average friendly camp fire and throw in wet wood. Snap, crackle, pop as the water expands and turns to steam. Embers go flying. The wet wood still catches and burns. Please quit while you are ahead. You have never seen fires like this. When I want tornado advice I'll call you.

You are comparing tossing wet wood into a campfire to a brushfire burning past a home that is COATED with a wall of water?

Quit while YOU are ahead. You are talking out of your ass.
I am not talking about an interior sprinkler system. I am talking about a pump that sucks the water out of the pool at 1500 gallons per minute, DRENCHES the home's exterior, and returns the water to the pool via a channel system for reapplication.

To make the home even MORE fire resistant, a home could have a large tank (or two, or three) of liquid CO2 and a pipe system that runs through the home. When the fire reaches the actual home, a valve can be opened to INFLATE the home with CO2, thereby displacing oxygen. The home will not burn is there is no oxygen to feed the fire. The fire will burn past the home and leave it relatively unscathed.
Neither was she talking about an interior sprinkler system....she was talking exterior. I love it when people who have NO CLUE about life in California try to "explain" it to us.

I lived in SoCal for 40 years. Quit talking out of your ass.

She certainly WAS talking about an interior sprinkler system. California does NOT require homes to install an exterior lawn sprinkler system. I am talking about a REAL flow of water through a series of REAL spray nozzles applied to the home's EXTERIOR. Think 'Fire Hose'
Do you know how fast your system would clog up? Do you have any idea how much debris is flying during a fire tornado? It rains down. Who will be there to keep cleaning the filter?

And how will that keep the hot ash and embers from flying into the attic ventilation louvers and up under the eaves. Because lots and lots of these house fires are caused by embers blowing into attics.

And what is running your pump if the electricity is out?

Let me an answer that if you don’t mind

Who will clean the clog? Kentuckyc will do it during fire.

Embers? There are no embers during those fires. LOL.

Electricity? There is this power generator that use GASOLINE or portable generator battery operated will run at least 2 hours. That dude will be there tomorrow to refill the generator with gasoline and recharge those batteries.
My mother's generator will run for 2 weeks with zero service required.

Is your mother’s generator in the fire zone area?

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg

If I understand it right, the homes are given Federal, or State money to rebuild, without requiring putting in place anti-fire standards.

But it's no different than money to rebuild in Hurricane areas. I personally would be in favor of FEMA money being dependent on applying higher building standards.

Do you think FEMA money is a gift? Wow.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
Corporate America cannot control the weather. How many people lived out in these areas in 1962?

I am glad you understand!

If I were in charge of the world, we would not have welfare, food stamps, poverty, crime, unemployment, traffic congestion, massive cities where people are piled on top of each other, traffic congestion, homeless veterans, and all of the other problems that are the direct result of liberalism taking root in America.
That's why I don't vote for people like you. You want to control every single aspect of every single person's life for the entirety of their lives.

No thank you!

Our roads are like GLASS. When I ride my Goldwing in CommieFornia, it is like riding over piles of broken pallets, but in Kentucky, the roads are so smooth and fantastic, that the biggest risk is falling asleep while riding.
I'm glad you're happy there. Nobody is trying to make you move away.

I am glad you understand!

If I were in charge of the world, we would not have welfare, food stamps, poverty, crime, unemployment, traffic congestion, massive cities where people are piled on top of each other, traffic congestion, homeless veterans, and all of the other problems that are the direct result of liberalism taking root in America.
That's why I don't vote for people like you. You want to control every single aspect of every single person's life for the entirety of their lives.

No thank you!
You mean line liberals want to control all aspects of our lives?

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg

Do you think FEMA money is a gift? Wow.
Taxpayers $$$...people that draw from FEMA...paid into FEMA for years.

Forum List

Back