Little Sympathy for California Fire Victims

Here's an article from 2001 about using goats in California for brush management. This is not a new thing. Trump wanted us to sweep the forest floor, with rakes and brooms. And vacuum cleaners if you have extra long extension cords.

Using Goats to Prevent Wildfires | Science | Smithsonian

You don't get sarcasms?
He was talking about brush management which Calif can't afford because of their ill conceived social policies.
We're a sanctuary state.
Never mind our homeless and basic government not getting funded properly.
Oh right, sarcasm. Is that what you're calling Trump's sheer stupidity now, sarcasm?

No, he actually meant for us to go out and sweep the forests.

No the left has never gotten what he's saying.
They have misquoted his meanings and have never been right about what he is saying.
He was saying California stopped underbrush management and needs to start doing it again.

If you had a clue you would know that that's exactly what would happen. The forest floor was cleared of brush and deadfall, and then they would burn that area so they could control it. Most of all the other western states do this yearly. There was a time not long ago when fires in California at this time of year were either controlled burns, or so rare that it made national news. These fires are the result of corruption.

You don’t have any clue of what you are talking about. We still do controlled burns.
In your state of Texas. Do they have drought? Do they have deadly Santa Ana winds?

Now thats dumb....... Farmers comparing to fighting fires are totally different scenarios dude.

Not different at all. you suggested that a generator must be refueled every two hours, and I told you that it is possible to let a diesel generator run for days at a time, unattended if necessary, as farmers do with diesel water pumps when they irrigate their fields.

I assumed you are going to place your alternate power source inside your garage? How hot is that do you think inside your garage? Out side might get burn or blow up?

I already stated that a structure could be built that would both protect and cool the pumps and generators. It could be underground, you know. It would not get hot at all, beyond normal operating temperatures.

Do you know what is so dumb and disgusting about your thread?You are arguing about your stupid idea.

No, YOU are arguing about my idea. I have no problems with my idea.

Yet you are not blasting these people that are talking about shit and homeless that has NOTHING to do with the topic. Why?

What the HELL are you babbling on about?

What the hell im babbling about? See post #233 as an example.

I assumed that you are going to go there and refuel or recharge your system. Because burying your power source like generator with a cooling system is very stupid.

1. The air system that you will use to cool your generator is coming from the outside. It’s hot air coming in. What good is that do?

2. The heat from your generator plus the hot air coming in. Now what?

3. You want to use diesel. I assumed you are going to use 55 gallons. That’s a lot of fuel. If it blows up. Now what?

I am sorry. The ignorance and lack of basic common sense in your questions forbids me from answering them. I am not going to hold your hand and WALK you through logical answers to all of your concerns. Gasoline stations store THOUSANDS of gallons of fuel underground, SAFELY.

Obviously you cannot answer my question that are very simple and common sense. Opinion or ideas like this ....... you will expect to be dissected from all angles.

Obviously you are going to install black tubings around the outside walls (OW) of your house. Front, sides and back. Wrapping the whole house with black tubings. Becoming a piece of art.

Tubings installed to the OW should be at least half an inch (.500) gaps?
Tubings spaces maybe 2, 4 or 5 feet apart?
1. During Santa strong winds dry leaves flow all over. Tubings will trap those dry leaves. Causes clogs.

2. I assumed you are going to go across your windows. I don’t expect you to create a U shape tubings. The screen or the glass or wood windows would easily explode or burn without the tubings with water. So no more windows.

3. First floor. The same with the sliding doors. No more sliding doors.

You want to go back to your drawing board smart guy?
I'm not sure if you are PLAYING dumb, or if you REALLY ARE this stupid.

Do I like I’m playing dumb? Why don’t you prove it?

Not so. As a matter of fact, last time I drove through that state the roads were awesome. 90mph all the way to Tennessee. California on the other hand? You can only go fast on roads the Feds take care of. But if it so good, why is everyone leaving?

We are welcoming all Trump voters to leave, pronto. Go. It's too dangerous and risky for you here. Save yourself. GO!

What your saying is only democrats and their ideology that is destroying California, - because we the voters are allowing to have basic services cut for the citizens , but government employees pensions are funded.
Big Government being badly mismanaged, but no conservative ideology that was working for everyone.
O.K. !
Wow
No, I am saying you will not be happy here. Fox News tells you everything you want to know about California and Fox News listeners should stay away for their own safety and happiness.

California has problems. Every state does. Only Trump fans take extreme pleasure in other’s misfortunes though. They have mental problems. No doubt.

Not me. California has to be among the most beautiful states in the union. It was one of the best in spite of politics. But it's government has neglected it. Tax payers in the other 49 states shouldn't have to bail them out. California is a prime example of what happens when voters have to choose the lesser of two evils.
The other 49 states do not bail out California. Simply not true.

Not different at all. you suggested that a generator must be refueled every two hours, and I told you that it is possible to let a diesel generator run for days at a time, unattended if necessary, as farmers do with diesel water pumps when they irrigate their fields.

I already stated that a structure could be built that would both protect and cool the pumps and generators. It could be underground, you know. It would not get hot at all, beyond normal operating temperatures.

No, YOU are arguing about my idea. I have no problems with my idea.

What the HELL are you babbling on about?

I assumed that you are going to go there and refuel or recharge your system. Because burying your power source like generator with a cooling system is very stupid.

1. The air system that you will use to cool your generator is coming from the outside. It’s hot air coming in. What good is that do?

3. You want to use diesel. I assumed you are going to use 55 gallons. That’s a lot of fuel. If it blows up. Now what?

I am sorry. The ignorance and lack of basic common sense in your questions forbids me from answering them. I am not going to hold your hand and WALK you through logical answers to all of your concerns. Gasoline stations store THOUSANDS of gallons of fuel underground, SAFELY.

Obviously you cannot answer my question that are very simple and common sense. Opinion or ideas like this ....... you will expect to be dissected from all angles.

Obviously you are going to install black tubings around the outside walls (OW) of your house. Front, sides and back. Wrapping the whole house with black tubings. Becoming a piece of art.

1. During Santa strong winds dry leaves flow all over. Tubings will trap those dry leaves. Causes clogs.

2. I assumed you are going to go across your windows. I don’t expect you to create a U shape tubings. The screen or the glass or wood windows would easily explode or burn without the tubings with water. So no more windows.

I'm sorry...is that even ENGLISH?!

You don't get sarcasms?
He was talking about brush management which Calif can't afford because of their ill conceived social policies.
We're a sanctuary state.
Oh right, sarcasm. Is that what you're calling Trump's sheer stupidity now, sarcasm?

They have misquoted his meanings and have never been right about what he is saying.
He was saying California stopped underbrush management and needs to start doing it again.

If you had a clue you would know that that's exactly what would happen. The forest floor was cleared of brush and deadfall, and then they would burn that area so they could control it. Most of all the other western states do this yearly. There was a time not long ago when fires in California at this time of year were either controlled burns, or so rare that it made national news. These fires are the result of corruption.

You don’t have any clue of what you are talking about. We still do controlled burns.
In your state of Texas. Do they have drought? Do they have deadly Santa Ana winds?

In a highly maintained areas with very expensive houses. Trees with no dry leaves or bushes underneath still catches fire during Santa Ana winds.

That is why it’s very deadly.

I'm sorry...is that even ENGLISH?!

Let me know when you have something to contribute.

We are welcoming all Trump voters to leave, pronto. Go. It's too dangerous and risky for you here. Save yourself. GO!

What your saying is only democrats and their ideology that is destroying California, - because we the voters are allowing to have basic services cut for the citizens , but government employees pensions are funded.
Big Government being badly mismanaged, but no conservative ideology that was working for everyone.
O.K. !
Wow
No, I am saying you will not be happy here. Fox News tells you everything you want to know about California and Fox News listeners should stay away for their own safety and happiness.

California has problems. Every state does. Only Trump fans take extreme pleasure in other’s misfortunes though. They have mental problems. No doubt.

Not me. California has to be among the most beautiful states in the union. It was one of the best in spite of politics. But it's government has neglected it. Tax payers in the other 49 states shouldn't have to bail them out. California is a prime example of what happens when voters have to choose the lesser of two evils.

How do you think FEMA is funded?
All tax payer's in this country pay for FEMA so yes 49 other states.

You don't get sarcasms?
We're a sanctuary state.

It’s just so ignorant people making comparisons from states to states about natural disasters.

If we don’t have deadly Santa Ana winds ....... we wouldn’t have all these fires.
It’s not because of people that lives here. It’s not because of liberals or the governor.

Here's an article from 2001 about using goats in California for brush management. This is not a new thing. Trump wanted us to sweep the forest floor, with rakes and brooms. And vacuum cleaners if you have extra long extension cords.

Using Goats to Prevent Wildfires | Science | Smithsonian

You don't get sarcasms?
We're a sanctuary state.

It’s very ignorant of you to compare natural disasters from states to states.

If we don’t have these deadly Santa Ana winds we would not have these fires all over.
It’s not because of people that lives here. It’s not because of governor or liberals.

I agree with you ... almost 100% !

The insurance company should have visited your home and said, "We are NOT going to insure this home against a fire until these trees are cut back, this brush is removed, and the exterior of the home is either painted with fireproof paint or replaced with fireproof materials. You also need a sprinkler system inside."

They agreed to insure a tinder box in an area that would almost certainly go up in flames, so they are on the hook to build you a NEW tinder box.

However, that does NOT excuse YOU from taking additional steps to reduce their exposure to a loss.

Do you know why I obey the speed limits? It is not because I am afraid of speeding tickets. It is not because "God is watching me."

It is because I APPRECIATE my insurance company having my back in the event of an UNAVOIDABLE accident, so I make a real effort to reduce their exposure to claims by consciously trying to drive as safely as possible whenever I am behind the wheel, or on my motorcycle. If something happens that is beyond my control, they will pay the claim, but I do everything I can to prevent them from ever needing to pay a claim. I park where I am less likely to get door dings. I let the road rage ass hats speed ahead of me. I lock my doors. I don't drive drunk. I stop when I am drowsy on long trips. I don't tailgate.

I try to keep their costs down, and in turn, they try to keep my premiums down. That is how a CONSERVATIVE thinks.

Insurance companies are now adopting my philosophy.

"Don't mess with my discount!"

If only you were in charge of the world, right?

It's called individual responsibility at your own expense or extra labor to keep your home maintained.
You are in charge of doing things not extra responsibilities by gov. or company insurance.
You

I know, red state nutters want to control every single aspect of every person's life. I know it rankles you that you don't have that power. Bless your heart.

I'm not sure you understand how insurance works. We sign a contract where I agree to pay money and the insurance company agrees to pay for my covered losses. There are rules and regulations we each must follow. That's how it works.

You do not get to insert yourself in the middle of my relationship with my insurance company and insist that I must do extra work that you (apparently) will determine. GFY.

Voting for Dems big government to take care of you is controlling.
Individual responsibly is less gov. more freedom.
No one is forcing you to do anything.
If you decide not to ,let your home burn down just don't ask the rest of tax payers to help.
What you get from your insurance only not Fed disaster assistance.
I can ask tax payers to help anytime I want. Society as a whole will say yes or no. I will vote for the people who represent MY views on life and what is important to me, NOT yours.

This is the biggest problem with red state voters. You want to control every. single. thing. about everyone's life, all the time, forever. If people choose to work together to solve common problems, that's a big issue for nutters because they think everyone should do everything for themselves, by themselves at all times. That leads to a lot of fear based behavior (everyone is after me, nobody will help me!), evidenced by the GOP's fear based policies.

Its the other way around ,you have it backwards.
Freedom from government gives you freedoms.
It's conservatives, independent and democrats who work together to solve problems.
Private and Government work best together.
Both parties use fear tactics.
Dems want more bigger government that takes away peoples hard earned money then is forced to pay for government things conservatives and independents are politically against.
That's called big brother and causes people misery.
72 hrs. without electricity is unacceptable for anyone in this nation.

You don't get sarcasms?
We're a sanctuary state.

If we don’t have these deadly Santa Ana winds we would not have these fires all over.
It’s not because of people that lives here. It’s not because of governor or liberals.

When any governor gives taxpayers money for more secure pensions to state government workers and can't maintain the States power,roads or homeless something is very wrong with that picture.

If only you were in charge of the world, right?

It's called individual responsibility at your own expense or extra labor to keep your home maintained.
You are in charge of doing things not extra responsibilities by gov. or company insurance.
You

I know, red state nutters want to control every single aspect of every person's life. I know it rankles you that you don't have that power. Bless your heart.

I'm not sure you understand how insurance works. We sign a contract where I agree to pay money and the insurance company agrees to pay for my covered losses. There are rules and regulations we each must follow. That's how it works.

You do not get to insert yourself in the middle of my relationship with my insurance company and insist that I must do extra work that you (apparently) will determine. GFY.

Voting for Dems big government to take care of you is controlling.
Individual responsibly is less gov. more freedom.
No one is forcing you to do anything.
If you decide not to ,let your home burn down just don't ask the rest of tax payers to help.
What you get from your insurance only not Fed disaster assistance.
I can ask tax payers to help anytime I want. Society as a whole will say yes or no. I will vote for the people who represent MY views on life and what is important to me, NOT yours.

This is the biggest problem with red state voters. You want to control every. single. thing. about everyone's life, all the time, forever. If people choose to work together to solve common problems, that's a big issue for nutters because they think everyone should do everything for themselves, by themselves at all times. That leads to a lot of fear based behavior (everyone is after me, nobody will help me!), evidenced by the GOP's fear based policies.

Its the other way around ,you have it backwards.
Freedom from government gives you freedoms.
It's conservatives, independent and democrats who work together to solve problems.
Private and Government work best together.
Both parties use fear tactics.
Dems want more bigger government that takes away peoples hard earned money then is forced to pay for government things conservatives and independents are politically against.
That's called big brother and causes people misery.
72 hrs. without electricity is unacceptable for anyone in this nation.
No. Liberals just want the rich, and the rich corporations to pay their fair share.

Conservatives (the uneducated types especially) believe that the rich must be protected at all costs because....I'm not sure why.

The educated conservatives are fine with the rich taking everything because they (falsely) believe they will be super rich one day. They don't understand you need to be born into that kind of money, unless you are extraordinarily brilliant.

When any governor gives taxpayers money for more secure pensions to state government workers and can't maintain the States power,roads or homeless something is very wrong with that picture.

This has nothing to do with the fire caused by Santa Ana winds.

O.K. !
Wow

How do you think FEMA is funded?
All tax payer's in this country pay for FEMA so yes 49 other states.

so during tropical storms that hit Dixie the othe states are bailing them out too, right?

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

Does this make ANY sense?

b60e4ac2-e4be-11e8-9876-950c8650801f_image_hires_180043.jpg

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
What doesn't make any sense is to reject that the reason for all these fires is climate. Yes, some brush fires have always been annual events, but in the past few years, fires in California have increased 500 percent...due to climate change. Don't go off on a tangent against residents and deny climate change.
Climate change is a hoax. There is Nothing about the climate today that wasn't there 50 or more years ago.

Climate events are getting much more intense.

Climate change: Extreme weather is getting worse in these 20 places

There is no extreme weather in California. It's the ssme today as it was 60 years ago.

Not!
It's definitely not the same as it was 60 years ago. Just since Reagan was president, wildfire season in California has increased by 2.5 months per year.

That's why I don't vote for people like you. You want to control every single aspect of every single person's life for the entirety of their lives.

No thank you!

Nope. That is a characteristic that is exclusive to those on the LEFT. "Cradle to Grave." etc.

I don't want to control anything. I would just head off the conditions that create the cesspools of Socialism that litter our great country like (insert ANY city run by Democrats HERE)

Last edited:
Obviously you cannot answer my question that are very simple and common sense.

I am still waiting for the first one.

Opinion or ideas like this ....... you will expect to be dissected from all angles.

By people who know nothing of what they speak.

Nope. You wouldn't even see the tubing. The facia of the home would be designed to blend into the appealing appearance of the home's exterior. However, when water would be pumped through the tubing, the roof and walls would be inundated with water.

ONE tube per wall, along the top edge.

Silly. The water outlets would be blended into the facia of the home. No clogs. No problems.

Nope. The water running down the walls would run over the shutters or window coverings that would be deployed QUICKLY in the event of a fire. You really have no CLUE of how to accomplish this, do you.

All covered by a fire barrier that is deployed when the system is activated.

You have ZERO knowledge about how to do something like this, yet you try to discredit me with your silly visions of a tubing CAGE around a house?

Forum List

Back