LOL California prop 65

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
now that the merchants conspired with the state government to charge 10 cents for plastic bags, in the name of "environmentalism",

California prop 65 wants to take their new found profits for "environmental" causes.

i'm going to vote for it just to teach them not to partner with the government.

the merchants can watch their new profits go to California state, to help save Nessy

now that the merchants conspired with the state government to charge 10 cents for plastic bags, in the name of "environmentalism",

California prop 65 wants to take their new found profits for "environmental" causes.

the merchants can watch their new profits go to California state, to help save Nessy

It ain't about the enviro. You guys probably still have the 10cent bottle/can "refunds" Which were never really refunds but a tax. Because now that everyone is forced to curb recycle and there are no big networks of "refund" centers --- WHO THE HELL KNOWS who get's that 10cent "refund". Does the state split it with the garbage companies? Nobody knows -- nobody cares.

You guys are just frogs getting slowly boiled. :ack-1:

Charging for bags has been proven, in just about every example, to be a success.

Charging for bags has been proven, in just about every example, to be a success.
Proven to be a waste of your money. Money the politicians now want.

What has proven to be a waste of money?

plastic%20bags%2009-30%20ln_wm.jpg

Reduce plastic bag usage and you reduce crap in the oceans. They make up about 10% of the crap in the oceans.

The amount of oil needed to produce plastic bags keep the US dependent on foreign oil.

Reduce plastic bag usage and you reduce crap in the oceans. They make up about 10% of the crap in the oceans.

The amount of oil needed to produce plastic bags keep the US dependent on foreign oil.
How about you just don't throw your fucking bags in the ocean? And who is doing that? Who is letting these bags in the ocean? Probably nobody in fucking California. So where are they coming from and why do Californians need to pay more for using bags they aren't throwing out in the ocean?

You mean like the "education" lottery?

How about you just don't throw your fucking bags in the ocean? And who is doing that? Who is letting these bags in the ocean? Probably nobody in fucking California. So where are they coming from and why do Californians need to pay more for using bags they aren't throwing out in the ocean?

How do you know Californians aren't throwing their bags in the ocean. No doubt there are plenty of plastic bags all around California that are just lying around as ugly rubbish, being a danger to animals and the like.

Why should Californians pay more for bags? Because they're conscious of the problem, that's why.

Reducing consumption of bags will go a long way to reducing a lot of problems. You know plastic bag consumption will lead to HIGHER OIL PRICES, woo, so what you save in plastic bag costs might go on fuel for your car anyway.

Maui banned plastic bags a few years ago. The change is dramatic. You don't see plastic bags blowing in the wind in a tree anymore. Nor do you see them blowing across the streets or beaches. It has been very successful.

The town I live in banned plastic bags a few years ago. We have the same results here as in Maui.

If you're too cheap to pay for bags then stop being lazy & bring your own bag.

A "success" at what, looting consumers?

Maui banned plastic bags a few years ago. The change is dramatic. You don't see plastic bags blowing in the wind in a tree anymore. Nor do you see them blowing across the streets or beaches. It has been very successful.

The town I live in banned plastic bags a few years ago. We have the same results here as in Maui.

If you're too cheap to pay for bags then stop being lazy & bring your own bag.
I never see them wherever I have lived, and I don't live in states that ban plastic bags.

You're full of shit.

Um.....what success? Stopping people from bagging groceries?

How do you know Californians aren't throwing their bags in the ocean. No doubt there are plenty of plastic bags all around California that are just lying around as ugly rubbish, being a danger to animals and the like.

Why should Californians pay more for bags? Because they're conscious of the problem, that's why.

Reducing consumption of bags will go a long way to reducing a lot of problems. You know plastic bag consumption will lead to HIGHER OIL PRICES, woo, so what you save in plastic bag costs might go on fuel for your car anyway.
You don't believe in MMGW?

Yes the bag debate. Yet another shining example of lefty enviro idiocy gone bad.
Anyone else old enough to remember when you got a paper bag at the store? But then the whackos decided that the bags were destroying trees and something more environmentally friendly had to be the standard... so they forced a switch to the plastic bag. and that became the new standard for shopping centers.
Well here we are a few decades later and those enviro idiots are now screaming about the plastic bags they demanded be used to save the environment.
I would almost be funny if it didnt end up costing the country so much every time they open their mouths
Lets not even talk about al Bore and his impending doom of burning alive because we cant control something thats a naturally occurring cycle.

Forum List

Back