London's 15 ton ball of grease

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
London saved from a 15-tonne ball of grease

londos.jpg

London: A sewage worker has become an unlikely hero after taking three weeks to defeat a toxic 15-tonne ball of congealed fat the size of a bus that came close to turning parts of the London borough of Kingston upon Thames into a cesspit.

eeeUUUWWWWWWWWWW

Makes me glad I'm vegetarian.

All you grease-buger eaters ... Have a nice lunch.

londos.jpg

London: A sewage worker has become an unlikely hero after taking three weeks to defeat a toxic 15-tonne ball of congealed fat the size of a bus that came close to turning parts of the London borough of Kingston upon Thames into a cesspit.

eeeUUUWWWWWWWWWW

beacuse there are no non-meat fat sources, right?

Its called cooking oil, and its usually made from plant matter. look it up.

londos.jpg

eeeUUUWWWWWWWWWW

It wasn't hamburgers that caused it.
It's their batter dipped deep fat fried Fish and Chips (French fries)
They need to stop pouring the used cooking oil down into the sewers.

Last edited:
I'm not an environut, but one of the things that we should consider is the amount of fat we pour down our drains. I read an article once that said the biggest threat to our oceans was increased levels of fat and steroids and other drugs in the water....

Kinda freaky.

I'm not exactly sure what we should do with that stuff, and I'm not sure it matters in the long run, but still. It gives me stress every time I wash a greasy dish or use a topical and then wash my hands.

You rw's are a real hoot. Not a brain between the bunch of you.

Considering I work in wastewater treatment and I am familiar with the formation of grease deposits in sewer systems, my view is far more apt than your attempt to blame the ball on meat products only.

You are the one that made the brainless commits on vegetarian vs hamburger eaters.
It has nothing to do with what they eat or don't eat.
The article was about pouring grease into their sewers along with sanitary wipes and feminine hygiene products..
They need to make laws to stop them from doing all of those things, like they have done here in America.

Luddy's a Vegetarian? That explains his Sunny Disposition!

Fat doesn't make you Fat.
Cholesterol doesn't raise your Cholesterol.

Sugar and Processed Carbohydrates are what ruins your health.

You are the one that made the brainless commits on vegetarian vs hamburger eaters.
It has nothing to do with what they eat or don't eat.
The article was about pouring grease into their sewers along with sanitary wipes and feminine hygiene products..
They need to make laws to stop them from doing all of those things, like they have done here in America.

They already have such laws, had them for decades.
Recent arrivals don't respect such laws.

That would explain quite a bit of it.
The article said the majority was restaurants.
They need to fine them by a hefty amount.

Forum List

Back