Long Lines

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
Journalist Hannah Dreier wrote for The Associated Press 12 July 2016:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LIFE ON THE LINE IN VENEZUELA AS ECONOMIC CRISIS WORSENS — ...The extent of the country's economic collapse can be measured in the length of the lines snaking through every neighborhood. The average Venezuelan shopper spends 35 hours waiting to buy food each month. That's three times more than in 2014, according to the polling firm Datanalisis.

"As the economy breaks down, life is telescoping to be just lines," said Datanalisis president Luis Vicente Leon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

Reminds me...

There were lines for groceries, lines for drug store essentials, lines for clothing, etc. People waiting in lines for things were agitated. Finally, a man broke out of a line, retrieved a knife from his pocket, and headed toward one of the security guards, shouting: "I've had it with these lines. Where's the Governor? I'm going to assassinate him." The security guard said: "Oh, that would be that line over there."

Journalist Hannah Dreier wrote for The Associated Press 12 July 2016:
LIFE ON THE LINE IN VENEZUELA AS ECONOMIC CRISIS WORSENS — ...The extent of the country's economic collapse can be measured in the length of the lines snaking through every neighborhood. The average Venezuelan shopper spends 35 hours waiting to buy food each month. That's three times more than in 2014, according to the polling firm Datanalisis.

"As the economy breaks down, life is telescoping to be just lines," said Datanalisis president Luis Vicente Leon.

article

Reminds me...

There were lines for groceries, lines for drug store essentials, lines for clothing, etc. People waiting in lines for things were agitated. Finally, a man broke out of a line, retrieved a knife from his pocket, and headed toward one of the security guards, shouting: "I've had it with these lines. Where's the Governor? I'm going to assassinate him." The security guard said: "Oh, that would be that line over there."

Sounds like a liberal paradise.

Forum List

Back