...looking for a hobby? Try Jan6evidence.com,

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Here's an article and link that popped on one of my newsfeeds tonight.
I've certainly heard of these folks' work but here is an update that may help those who are interested in offering a helping hand.

In other words, bring the bad guys before the courts.
We all here support our police and law enforcement. Here is a concrete way that you can pitch it to help.

.......................................................................................................................................

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/citizens-launch-website-hunt-down-capitol-insurrectionists_n_6049087fc5b65bed87d7e464

"Citizen Sleuths Launch A Slick New Website To Hunt Down Capitol Insurrectionists"

Online researchers have compiled a massive trove of evidence about the Capitol attack and are organizing it on their website, Jan6evidence.com

"Earlier this week, online sleuths associated with @capitolhunters and working with the #SeditionHunters network launched Jan6attack.com, which organizes crowdsourced information on individual suspects identified by photo and hashtag. The information previously existed in Google spreadsheets, but is now available in a more user-friendly format." .....................................................................................................................

I offer the above without comment.
Merely as a public service.

1. Jan6evidence.com,
  2. @capitolhunters
  3. #SeditionHunters

Someone should start a website called, "HuntinCitizenNazi". Compose a list of all individuals who will use fear, intimidation, doxing, and violence against normal, everyday citizens.

Well, folks, I posted the OP as merely informational.

I am not advocating that any poster here engage with those concerned citizens who are 'on the hunt'.
Or utilize their website's reporting function.
Or even call authorities if you see someone you recognize amongst the insurrectionists.

I posted the OP and it's links because it came in on one of the many newsfeeds I get into my email que each day.
And it seemed topical to the several threads in the 'Politics' forum that discussed the various 'alleged' jackass-patriots and MealTeam6 militia fatboys who have been arrested for various crimes and activities at the Capitol on January 6th.

So, think of my OP as not a call to action to any one of you. Think of it as a "OK, good to know" factoid.

The OP can be compared with posting up the 800# for the Fish & Game Dpt. ........ as maybe, someday, you will recognize some moke who is poaching.

Let your conscience be your guide.

So you know.

Shouldn't there be a group to hunt down all the assholes destroying a once beautiful Oregon?

Have you looked for one, poster Gracie?
I mean Google is your friend.

And as wide and deep as the RWNJ-media reach is I would not be surprised whatsoever that there is a group performing a similar function for ID'g criminal activity occurring during the summer's racial justice/police brutality demonstrations.

ps......I know the local police are using video. In my own community up north, we had a large demonstration that for the first hour or two was peaceful, with chanting and prayer moments. Then as it began to get dark the jerks/vandals/hooligans came out of hiding behind the cover of a crowd and began destruction.

The police have arrested a significant share of them based on their intentional videoing of the activity by police camera operators......that and body cams, and various private security cams.

And what was a surprise to the community, the vast vast majority were young whites ---male and female --from the suburbs and small towns surrounding our metropolitan area. We saw a page full of mug shots of the dopes. And subsequent reporting showed the local magistrates were not treating them with kid gloves.

A night of breaking windows and spray paint has cost a bunch of them very very dearly.

Anyway, poster Gracie, Google is your friend. Maybe you can find a group to handle your Oregon concerns.

Appropro to the subject of the OP....to wit, the Trump insurrection at the Capitol on January 6th, there is this reportage in today's Washington Post.

It is a long piece, and I am posting the whole enchilada as a cut & paste. I do that as there is a paywall on some of WaPo's coverages, tho not all. I don't know if this Capitol riot piece is included. So rather than tease you with snippets of it. Here is all of it.

I found it interesting, and expect further stories of a similar nature will be of interest.....simply because it adds more detail and nuance to what we all saw with our own eyes on the many videos.

But as you know, it was tumultuous with a lot....a lot...of moving parts. We all saw it, but it was ...and is....hard to determine just exactly what it is we saw.

Hence, court documents and solid journalism helps us be better informed.

(link to the story is at the bottom)
........................................................................................................

"Battle for the West Terrace: Capitol riot charges reveal details of police attacks on Jan. 6"

March 10, 2021 at 12:42 p.m. EST

"A woman lay dying after being trampled by the mob on the steps of the Capitol on Jan. 6, and her friend was trying to carry her across the threshold to police officers guarding the building’s west side, prosecutors said. But within seconds, two of those officers would be dragged to the ground themselves and brutally beaten.

One lost his helmet, gas mask, baton and cellphone to the mob, prosecutors said, and was sprayed with a chemical irritant and needed staples to close a gash in his head. Another was dragged over the body of the first officer and then beaten with an American flag as he lay facedown in the crowd, according to court records.

Two months after the insurrection, many of the charges involving attacks against police officers have focused on the Capitol’s West Terrace, a ceremonial doorway that was being prepared for the presidential inauguration of Joe Biden.

“That specific entrance was the site of some of the heaviest violence . . . as the mob of rioters battled with police officers on-and-off from approximately 2:40 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.,” prosecutors wrote Tuesday in a detention memo for a former State Department employee accused of taking part in the mob. “Over a period of about two-and-a-half hours, groups of rioters came in waves and gathered in the archway and tunnel as they attempted to violently breach the police line to gain entrance into the Capitol.”

More than a third of the 40 people charged with assaulting law enforcement officers were allegedly involved in clashes on the West Terrace of the Capitol, according to a review of charging documents and a Washington Post analysis of arrest data.

About half of those accused of attacking police are in jail, while the rest have been released pending trial. The FBI is searching for hundreds more who are suspected of assaulting officers. Prosecutors have said that about 140 U.S. Capitol and D.C. police were assaulted that day.

Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, is the first Trump administration appointee to be implicated in the violence, but others accused of brutality against law enforcement officers include retired police officers, firefighters and National Guard members.

“This was one of the most dangerous areas,” U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui said in ordering Klein held on Tuesday.

D.C. police officers have said they were determined to hold the rioters back from that path to the Rotunda, not knowing that other entrances already had been breached.

“It was us 30 or 60 officers against, like, thousands and thousands of people that were trying to get in,” Cmdr. Ramey Kyle told The Post in January. “We were going to be the cork in this hole that kept them from entering.”

The officers repeatedly managed to push the rioters out of the tunnel only to be overrun again, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jocelyn Bond said in court Tuesday.

“They ended up spending about 2 1/2 hours that day battling back the mob over and over,” Bond said.

Klein, she said, breached the tunnel early and then called for fresh recruits.

At least five criminal cases involve just two minutes, from 4:27 to 4:29 p.m., when three D.C. officers — identified as B.M., C.M. and A.W. in court papers — were injured. In those same two minutes, just outside the doorway where the officers were trying to hold back the crowd, prosecutors say, Rosanne Boyland “was dying after being trampled by the mob.”

No cause of death has been given by D.C. authorities for Boyland, 34, or the other two people who died after suffering medical emergencies on Jan. 6. Before Boyland collapsed, according to court records, people in the crowd were throwing things at the police and using the officers’ riot shields against them; one had opened a fire extinguisher on the officers. Then they began to grab the officers and drag them into the mob.

After Boyland fell, and her friend was pleading with A.W. and other officers for help, rioters knocked A.W. down in the archway over the entrance to the Capitol. B.M. was then dragged out of the archway over A.W.’s body and into the crowd; C.M. was injured trying to help B.M.

Jeffrey Sabol, a geophysicist from Colorado, is accused of later punching B.M., pulling him down and holding him on the ground with the officer’s baton. Once B.M. was on the ground, Peter Stager, 41, an Arkansas resident, allegedly came up the stairs and began beating him with an American flag, according to the court records.

When C.M. tried to rescue B.M., according to court records, he was stopped by someone wearing clothing marked with the emblem of the Three Percenters, a far-right anti-government group. C.M. tried to push past that rioter with his baton, according to the court records, when conservative activist Michael J. Lopatic Sr., 57, allegedly climbed over the handrail, charged and repeatedly punched the officer in the head. Prosecutors say Lopatic then made his way to B.M. and grabbed the officer’s body camera, which he tossed on his way home to Lancaster, Pa. — destroying important evidence from the attack."

Capitol riot defendants facing jail say they have regrets. Judges aren’t buying it.

"Since when is being a rat......"

Since when is assisting our law enforcement a rat?

Look, it's like this poster Blues, there were thousands (read the article) of insurrectionists battling the police on those steps and in that entryway. It was wild, tumultuous, dangerous, and violent. (watch the videos).

The police weren't there to identify criminals. They were there, initially, to defend the Capitol of the United States of America. And then, they were there to defend their lives and the lives of their colleagues, their fellow officers.
There 'duty' had become dire and imminently life-threatening. (watch the videos)

So, I'm quite willing to forgive them for not identifying, arresting and securing the criminals who were savagely beating them at the time.

Accordingly, if there are responsible citizens who deplore violent attacks on police officers and have some means to assist in apprehending the criminals who did it.......well, that seems to be not un-patriotic to me, seems to be not un-American to me.

Your mileage may vary, poster Blue.

"Since when is being a rat......"

Since when is assisting our law enforcement a rat?

Look, it's like this poster Blues, there were thousands (read the article) of insurrectionists battling the police on those steps and in that entryway. It was wild, tumultuous, dangerous, and violent. (watch the videos).

The police weren't there to identify criminals. They were there, initially, to defend the Capitol of the United States of America. And then, they were there to defend their lives and the lives of their colleagues, their fellow officers.
There 'duty' had become dire and imminently life-threatening. (watch the videos)

So, I'm quite willing to forgive them for not identifying, arresting and securing the criminals who were savagely beating them at the time.

Accordingly, if there are responsible citizens who deplore violent attacks on police officers and have some means to assist in apprehending the criminals who did it.......well, that seems to be not un-patriotic to me, seems to be not un-American to me.

Your mileage may vary, poster Blue.
That's the definition of a rat.

And most of the people did nothing more than trespass. They know the people who caused the damage and the people that assaulted the cops.

And most of the people did nothing more than trespass. They know the people who caused the damage and the people that assaulted the cops.

I demur.

MOST of the people didn't even 'tresspass'.

Most stayed well away from the battle-line.
Most didn't enter the Capitol.
Most of them, are of no concern to us here on this gossipboard, or to the police.

But there are others who are.
Of concern...rightfully so....are the hundreds who committed assaults and vandalism. And who remain, so far, unidentified.

Which ....thank you very much.....brings us to the topic at hand: Responsible American citizens who have the means...and the interest.....to play remote and digital sleuths for a worthy cause. Good for them, waytogoattaboy!

I'm quite positive poster Blues that you would not want a criminal who put an officer's eye out, or pulled him to the ground to beat him with a steel pole..........to escape accountability.

Am I right on that?

I demur.

MOST of the people didn't even 'tresspass'.

Most stayed well away from the battle-line.
Most didn't enter the Capitol.
Most of them, are of no concern to us here on this gossipboard, or to the police.

But there are others who are.
Of concern...rightfully so....are the hundreds who committed assaults and vandalism. And who remain, so far, unidentified.

Which ....thank you very much.....brings us to the topic at hand: Responsible American citizens who have the means...and the interest.....to play remote and digital sleuths for a worthy cause. Good for them, waytogoattaboy!

I'm quite positive poster Blues that you would not want a criminal who put an officer's eye out, or pulled him to the ground to beat him with a steel pole..........to escape accountability.

Am I right on that?

Whatever.

The cops won't work half that hard to find a person who assaulted any of us.

Forgive me, Blues, but.....but you sound kind of anti-police.
You one of those antigovernmental, anti-authority Three Percenter types?

I ask simply out of curiosity as your postings seemingly indicate no extension of goodwill towards those 140 policemen who were subject to violent attack on January 6th.

What's up with that?

Forgive me, Blues, but.....but you sound kind of anti-police.
You one of those antigovernmental, anti-authority Three Percenter types?

I ask simply out of curiosity as your postings seemingly indicate no extension of goodwill towards those 140 policemen who were subject to violent attack on January 6th.

What's up with that?

I'm not anti police I'm just not pro police.

And I know just how hard the cops worked to find the 3 thugs that assaulted me and put me in the hospital with a grade 4 concussion, a fractured eye orbital, 3 cracked ribs and a ruptured spleen. They really didn't give a shit about catching the people responsible. So I extend the same sentiment to them.

I'm not anti police I'm just not pro police.

OK, thank you.
Now we know.

But, if I may, could you consider this hypothetical:
Would you welcome it if someone who knew these 3 thugs...... then dropped a dime on 'em?

Shouldn't there be a group to hunt down all the assholes destroying a once beautiful Oregon?

Have you looked for one, poster Gracie?
I mean Google is your friend.

And as wide and deep as the RWNJ-media reach is I would not be surprised whatsoever that there is a group performing a similar function for ID'g criminal activity occurring during the summer's racial justice/police brutality demonstrations.

ps......I know the local police are using video. In my own community up north, we had a large demonstration that for the first hour or two was peaceful, with chanting and prayer moments. Then as it began to get dark the jerks/vandals/hooligans came out of hiding behind the cover of a crowd and began destruction.

The police have arrested a significant share of them based on their intentional videoing of the activity by police camera operators......that and body cams, and various private security cams.

And what was a surprise to the community, the vast vast majority were young whites ---male and female --from the suburbs and small towns surrounding our metropolitan area. We saw a page full of mug shots of the dopes. And subsequent reporting showed the local magistrates were not treating them with kid gloves.

A night of breaking windows and spray paint has cost a bunch of them very very dearly.

Anyway, poster Gracie, Google is your friend. Maybe you can find a group to handle your Oregon concerns.
Google is not my friend. I am not in oregon any more than I am in DC. You assume a lot, don't you?

Actually, you are owed congrats. You have become number 103 on my list. I have not time for FB rejects and you sure sound like one. Bet you have purple and pink hair too.

So..........buhbye.

Forum List

Back