Looks Like Ivanka Trump Doesn’t Pay Her Interns

57b72be91800002100bcbd48.jpeg

This is rich.

Ivanka Trump, who markets herself as a champion of working women and learned about business by walking her father’s construction sites, apparently does not pay interns at her namesake fashion and jewelry company in New York City, according to a blog post on IvankaTrump.com that also appeared on her official Twitter page on Thursday.

Yes, that actually says #nomoneynoproblems, and comes from the Twitter account of the daughter of self-proclaimed billionaire and Republican nominee for president Donald Trump.

In the post, unpaid intern Quincy Bulin offers tips and includes advice from three of her unpaid colleagues ― all women, two named Mackenzie.

The advice includes finding a part-time job that actually pays, saving money during the school year, setting a budget and socializing cheaply.

Of course, Bulin leaves out the real key to surviving an unpaid internship: having well-off parents. Kids with families that can support them while they take on jobs for nothing are more likely to take on jobs for nothing.

Champion for working women? Really? Doesn't sound like it to me.

Neither does hilldebeast

I'm shocked. You deflected. How unusual.

the subject for debate is whether ivanka SHOULD pay her interns.... you know, like whether she and dumb donald should stand up there talking about jobs, etc, while they ship their jobs overseas and he, at least, cheats people on a regular basis.

now discuss the issue. because i'm done debating reality with dum dums.
Should Hillary have unpaid interns? You haven't said yet, that's kinda odd really. Hillary is talking big about jobs too.

nice deflection...typical trumpster
Nice deflection of the deflection...typical leftist traitor.

I don't think I've ever heard of paying an intern...once they are paid they are employees by definition not interns...
Where do you BOZO's get this crap.

here's a hint...you not "hearing" about something is a poor indicia of whether it actually exists.

here ya go:

2016 Paid Internships in New York, NY

btw, i did a paid internship for two years when i was in school and my son just applied for one for his sophomore year in college.

i hope that helps.

the subject for debate is whether ivanka SHOULD pay her interns.... you know, like whether she and dumb donald should stand up there talking about jobs, etc, while they ship their jobs overseas and he, at least, cheats people on a regular basis.

Should Hillary have unpaid interns? You haven't said yet, that's kinda odd really. Hillary is talking big about jobs too.

r^^^^^^

rightwingnut loon living in opposite world :cuckoo:

This is rich.

Ivanka Trump, who markets herself as a champion of working women and learned about business by walking her father’s construction sites, apparently does not pay interns at her namesake fashion and jewelry company in New York City, according to a blog post on IvankaTrump.com that also appeared on her official Twitter page on Thursday.

Yes, that actually says #nomoneynoproblems, and comes from the Twitter account of the daughter of self-proclaimed billionaire and Republican nominee for president Donald Trump.

In the post, unpaid intern Quincy Bulin offers tips and includes advice from three of her unpaid colleagues ― all women, two named Mackenzie.

The advice includes finding a part-time job that actually pays, saving money during the school year, setting a budget and socializing cheaply.

Of course, Bulin leaves out the real key to surviving an unpaid internship: having well-off parents. Kids with families that can support them while they take on jobs for nothing are more likely to take on jobs for nothing.

Neither does hilldebeast

Nice deflection of the deflection. How unusual.

r^^^^^^

rightwingnut loon living in opposite world :cuckoo:
Lol you Takers are funny....

I wonder how many of Ivanka's "unpaid" interns are black, LGBT, or other minority? I can't help but think they must all be from wealthy white families.

I wonder when you are going to address the same shortcomings, unpaid interns, at the Clinton Foundation. If it's bad for Ivanka, who is not running President, it must be worse for Hilliary who is.

Or is this a case of "Okay for me but not foe ye"?

One standard for those you support and one for those you oppose? There's a word for that...

Oh yeah... fucking hypocrite.

Deflection? You avoided the question, it doesn't get deflected any more than that. Why is it OK for Hillary but not Ivanka? Makes no sense.

I don't think I've ever heard of paying an intern...once they are paid they are employees by definition not interns...
Where do you BOZO's get this crap.

here's a hint...you not "hearing" about something is a poor indicia of whether it actually exists.

here ya go:

2016 Paid Internships in New York, NY

btw, i did a paid internship for two years when i was in school and my son just applied for one for his sophomore year in college.

i hope that helps.
It does. It says:

"In fact, most students who intern in paying gigs are treated like regular employees, getting benefits like paid time off, overtime pay, and job-related travel reimbursement. Essentially, your paid internship is like a mini career, and it’s even better because it’s taken on before you’ve even entered the “real world.” You get the best of both worlds with these opportunities so start your paid internship search now and cash in."

This is rich.

Neither does hilldebeast

Youre using sarcasm. How unpredictable.

I wonder how many of Ivanka's "unpaid" interns are black, LGBT, or other minority? I can't help but think they must all be from wealthy white families.

I wonder when you are going to address the same shortcomings, unpaid interns, at the Clinton Foundation. If it's bad for Ivanka, who is not running President, it must be worse for Hilliary who is.

One standard for those you support and one for those you oppose? There's a word for that...

What's this?! Deflection? We never have that here!

This is rich.

Neither does hilldebeast

Yes. I am known for being sarcastic. True. But....you are quickly becoming known for deflecting every time you come across a negative Trump post.

KellyAnne Conway gets paid a few million bucks to do that every day on CNN. She can justify doing it. You do it for free. What is your excuse?

This is rich.

Neither does hilldebeast

Yes. I am known for being sarcastic. True. But....you are quickly becoming known for deflecting every time you come across a negative Trump post.

KellyAnne Conway gets paid a few million bucks to do that every day on CNN. She can justify doing it. You do it for free. What is your excuse?

My excuse is its not true.

What deflection? Lackhota's? He has ignored several posts linking stories about the Clinton Foundation's abuse of the unpaid intern system. I wouldn't call that deflection so much as it is a double standard, or maybe willful ignorance.

If you meant me, I'm not deflecting anything. I have no real interest in whether or not either entity pays their interns. Unpaid interns have been a part of many industries for decades. My interest lies in the hypocrisy of posters who ignore what their heroes do and have done all while attempting to excoriate those the hate for the very same thing.

What deflection? Lackhota's? He has ignored several posts linking stories about the Clinton Foundation's abuse of the unpaid intern system. I wouldn't call that deflection so much as it is a double standard, or maybe willful ignorance.

If you meant me, I'm not deflecting anything. I have no real interest in whether or not either entity pays their interns. Unpaid interns have been a part of many industries for decades. My interest lies in the hypocrisy of posters who ignore what their heroes do and have done all while attempting to excoriate those the hate for the very same thing.

You don't know what deflection means, friend. You deflected away from Ivanka Trump and toward Hillary Clinton in this thread. It's boring. Almost as boring as you denying that you did it.

You don't know what deflection means, friend. You deflected away from Ivanka Trump and toward Hillary Clinton in this thread. It's boring. Almost as boring as you denying that you did it.

Oh I know what deflection means, you seem to have a comprehension problem. I am not interested in Ivanka and her interns. I am not interested in Hilliary and her interns. What I am interested in is hold both Ivanka and Hilliary to the same standard, at a minimum. It could be argued that, since she is running for President, Hilliary should be held to a higher standard. Don't pretend to be all outraged because Ivanka, who is not running for public office, and her company make use of unpaid interns, like hundreds of businesses in this country, and turn around and give your favorite politician and liar a fucking pass.

To do so makes you a hypocrite and undermines your credibility.

And just so we're clear, I am not voting for Dump.

Oh I know what deflection means, you seem to have a comprehension problem. I am not interested in Ivanka and her interns. I am not interested in Hilliary and her interns. What I am interested in is hold both Ivanka and Hilliary to the same standard, at a minimum. It could be argued that, since she is running for President, Hilliary should be held to a higher standard. Don't pretend to be all outraged because Ivanka, who is not running for public office, and her company make use of unpaid interns, like hundreds of businesses in this country, and turn around and give your favorite politician and liar a fucking pass.

To do so makes you a hypocrite and undermines your credibility.

And just so we're clear, I am not voting for Dump.

Listen here, nutbag. When you insist on discussing Clinton when a thread about Trump is started....it is the definition of deflection.

If you see me trying to discuss Trump in a Hillary thread, then you will have a leg to stand on. Go ahead and start a thread about Hillary not paying interns. Tag me. I will comment in that thread in order to show you how NOT to deflect.

If Ivanka doesn't have to pay interns then it makes no sense to pay them. Their pay is the education and the massive amount of prestige that working for Trump pads onto their resume.

Forum List

Back