🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lost in Occupation: ScarJo ends relationship with Oxfam to stick with Soda Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even ScarJo can't prop up SodaStream stockStock drops to lowest price since November 2012, Bloomberg reports, continuing decline from last month.SodaStream may have generated plenty of buzz, and controversy, by signing Scarlett Johansson as its global ambassador, but that hasn’t boosted its stock – which dropped 3.3 percent Monday, Bloomberg News reported.

Even ScarJo can't prop up SodaStream stock - BusinessIsrael News - Haaretz Israeli News source

Even ScarJo can't prop up SodaStream stockStock drops to lowest price since November 2012, Bloomberg reports, continuing decline from last month.SodaStream may have generated plenty of buzz, and controversy, by signing Scarlett Johansson as its global ambassador, but that hasn’t boosted its stock – which dropped 3.3 percent Monday, Bloomberg News reported.

Even ScarJo can't prop up SodaStream stock - BusinessIsrael News - Haaretz Israeli News source
Here's the backlash, and more is coming. BDS is also now illegal in France. Ha ha ha.

Looks like this bill is the final nail in the coffin for the BDS!

House Bill Would Cut Funding to Backers of Israeli Boycotts

U.S. universities could see their taxpayer funds pulled
A new bipartisan bill introduced Thursday in the House would strip all federal funds from any U.S. academic institution that decides to boycott Israel, according to a copy of the newly filed legislation obtained by the Free Beacon.

The introduction of the bill marks the first time that Congress has sought to level harsh economic penalties on federally funded universities that seek to boycott the Jewish state.

The bill comes just months after the American Studies Association (ASA) agreed to boycott Israeli academics and universities, prompting a fierce backlash from pro-Israel groups and others.

The “Protect Academic Freedom Act,” jointly filed by House Chief Deputy Whip Peter Roskam (R., Ill.) and Rep. Dan Lipinski (D., Ill.) could serve as a deterrent to other groups considering Israeli boycotts.

It would amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 “to prohibit an institution that participates in a boycott of Israeli academic institutions or scholars from being eligible” to receive federal funds, according to text of the legislation.

“Attempts to single out Israel for discriminatory boycotts violates the principle of academic freedom guaranteed by the United States,” the bill states.

Sanctions against IsraelA campaign that is gathering weightIsrael’s politicians sound rattled by the campaign to isolate their country

Feb 8th 2014*|*JERUSALEM

ONCE derided as the scheming of crackpots, the campaign for boycotts, divestment and sanctions against Israel, widely known as BDS, is turning mainstream. That, at any rate, is the fear of a growing number of Israelis. Some European pension funds have withdrawn investments; some large corporations have cancelled contracts; and the American secretary of state, John Kerry, rarely misses a chance to warn Israel that efforts to “delegitimise” and boycott it will increase if its government spurns his efforts to conclude a two-state settlement of its conflict with the Palestinians. Israel, says Yair Lapid, Israel’s finance minister, is approaching the same “tipping point” where South Africa found itself in opposition to the rest of the world in the dying days of apartheid. “Let’s not kid ourselves,” he told a conference of security boffins recently in Tel Aviv. “The world listens to us less and less.”

Sanctions against Israel: A campaign that is gathering weight | The Economist

Closed $37.57 today.

We have threads addressing the BDS actions discussed in the next paragraph of The Economist aricle.

"BDS has begun to grab the attention of some of the world’s largest financial institutions. PGGM, a big Dutch pension fund, has liquidated its holdings in five Israeli banks (though the Netherlands’ largest has affirmed its investments). Norway’s finance ministry has announced that it is excluding Africa Israel Investments and its subsidiary, Danya Cebus, a big building firm, from a government pension fund."

And the article discusses more BDS actions.

"The campaign is drawing support from beyond northern Europe. Romania has forbidden its citizens from working for companies in the West Bank. More churches are backing BDS. An American academic association is boycotting Israeli lecturers. The debate turned viral after Scarlett Johansson, a Hollywood actor, quit her role as ambassador for Oxfam, a charity based in Britain, in order to keep her advertising contract with SodaStream, an Israeli drinks firm with a plant on the West Bank.

Mr Lapid, who favours a two-state solution, reels out figures to show how sanctions could hit every Israeli pocket. “If negotiations with the Palestinians stall or blow up and we enter the reality of a European boycott, even a very partial one,” he warned, 10,000 Israelis would “immediately” lose their jobs. Trade with the European Union, a third of Israel’s total, would slump—he calculates—by $5.7 billion.

Sanctions against Israel: A campaign that is gathering weight | The Economist

an interesting factoid of cultural history-----JOOOOS have
been big users of carbonated water FOREVER-----when I was
a kid the stuff got delivered like milk------by men in trucks and
to the stairs next to the back door. -----in special SPRITZ BOTTLES Jewish restaurants served carbonated water
routinely-----and some of the real informal ones had the stuff
on tap----for general use. Mixing in some syrup to MAKE
"soda" -----yup----I recall my grandma doing that ---uhm....
almost 60 years ago. Today----the word SPRITZER----
(wine mixed with carbonated water) has become so
ubiquitous that it is on the lips of TV cooks who do ----good
ole boy SOUTHERN bacon impregnated cookery. I drank
"spritzers" -------a bit of sabbath wine mixed with carbonated
water when I was five years old Sheeesh ----to know man---STUDY CUISINE. The entire issue of "soda stream"---
is actually a CULTURAL PHENOMENON-------when I was a kid---
my christian playmates never got to taste a drop of wine----
and waited with bated breath to reach age 18-----so they could travel to the NEXT STATE OVER and get their first
STIFF DRINK...........its a war of CULTURES-----

SPRITZER ENVY

PS for sherri----remember to mention the
FACT that ISA could not have turned
water into wine-<<< its a christian lie----
Isa----was a good muslim who never touched
wine----or a spritzer -----or a SODA STREAM

Stop, stop!! You are making me crave a New York Egg Cream. Milk, chocolate syrup and seltzer -- but it has to be Fox’s U-Bet brand of chocolate syrup.

Are you really as dumb as you act?

Scar Jos fiasco is directly contributing to AIPACs fall.

Such good news this day brings.

When AIPAC throws in the towel

02/07/14 10:24 AM—UPDATED*02/07/14 03:52 PM

When AIPAC throws in the towel | MSNBC
How did we get from ScarJo to irrelevant crap about Iran from MSNBC? This is not an Iran thread.

The desperation is now sinking.....

Can Mrs. Sherri explain to the readers how one thing has to do with another? I am willing to bet that the major newspapers in the U.S. are not making a big to-do over this the way Mrs. Sherri is.

Watch the video.

They are Americans.

Watch "AIPAC Backs Down on Warmongering Iran Sanctions...For Now" on YouTube
exact

How did we get from ScarJo to irrelevant crap about Iran from MSNBC? This is not an Iran thread.

The desperation is now sinking.....

Can Mrs. Sherri explain to the readers how one thing has to do with another? I am willing to bet that the major newspapers in the U.S. are not making a big to-do over this the way Mrs. Sherri is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Host:

SAM SEDER

Sam Seder is a New York based political talk show host. *Seder regularly appears on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, on Current TV’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann and The Young Turks.* He has served as a fill-in host for MSNBC and Current’s Countdown.

Seder hosted four different shows for Air America including the Majority Report with co-host Janeane Garofalo, The mid-morning Sam Seder Show, the weekly Seder on Sundays and co-hosted the web only video show Break Room Live with Marc Maron. Seder also served as the Editor in Chief of AirAmerica.com.

Seder co-authored Fubar: America’s Right Wing Nightmare with Stephen Sherrill, blogs at the HuffingtonPost and has a weekly video series entitled “That’s Bullsh*t” at*The Majority Report with Sam Seder | The Political Podcast & Radio Show The Majority Report.

Seder is also a professional comedy writer and director. Seder’s writing credits include pilots for HBO, NBC, FOX, AMC and CBS. He co- wrote, produced, directed, and acted in the feature length comedy Who’s the Caboose?, starring Sarah Silverman, H. Jon Benjamin and David Cross, acquired by the Trio cable Network. Seder performed the same duties and reunited the cast in the Trio, six-part mini-series sequel to Caboose, entitled Pilot Season. Seder’s directing credits also include Comedy Central’s I’m with Busey and Studios USA’s Beat Cops. Currently, Seder does voice work on the Fox cartoon, “Bob’s Burgers” and his acting credits include 10 network pilots and guest spots on various television shows including Sex in the City.

About | The Majority Report with Sam Seder

Watch the video.

They are Americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOl1NsEVFZ0&feature=youtube_gdata_pla exact

The Host:

SAM SEDER

Sam Seder is a New York based political talk show host. *Seder regularly appears on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, on Current TV’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann and The Young Turks.* He has served as a fill-in host for MSNBC and Current’s Countdown.

Seder hosted four different shows for Air America including the Majority Report with co-host Janeane Garofalo, The mid-morning Sam Seder Show, the weekly Seder on Sundays and co-hosted the web only video show Break Room Live with Marc Maron. Seder also served as the Editor in Chief of AirAmerica.com.

Seder co-authored Fubar: America’s Right Wing Nightmare with Stephen Sherrill, blogs at the HuffingtonPost and has a weekly video series entitled “That’s Bullsh*t” at*The Majority Report with Sam Seder | The Political Podcast & Radio Show The Majority Report.

Seder is also a professional comedy writer and director. Seder’s writing credits include pilots for HBO, NBC, FOX, AMC and CBS. He co- wrote, produced, directed, and acted in the feature length comedy Who’s the Caboose?, starring Sarah Silverman, H. Jon Benjamin and David Cross, acquired by the Trio cable Network. Seder performed the same duties and reunited the cast in the Trio, six-part mini-series sequel to Caboose, entitled Pilot Season. Seder’s directing credits also include Comedy Central’s I’m with Busey and Studios USA’s Beat Cops. Currently, Seder does voice work on the Fox cartoon, “Bob’s Burgers” and his acting credits include 10 network pilots and guest spots on various television shows including Sex in the City.

About | The Majority Report with Sam Seder

Watch the video.

They are Americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOl1NsEVFZ0&feature=youtube_gdata_pla exact

Given that most Americans by now are quite aware what the Muslims are doing to others in the Middle East, even when it comes to killing each other, do you honestly think that most Americans, unless they are Jew haters like you, are worried about what is happening in Israel and the West Bank? I think they are more interested in what is happening in Syria what with the tens of thousands of people killed there already.

What I see is Americans want to fight no more wars for Israel, we are fed up with it.

And more and more every day that passes Americans are seeing the Injustices of the Occupation and we are speaking out against these Injustices.

BDS is working!

Last edited:
This author makes a fine point, how can anyone really be for a nation when they advocate that nation embrace unlawful conduct?

These so called Pro Israel people supporting the Occupation are in truth Israels greatest enemies.

Sodastream, ScarJo, and the Myth of Benevolent Occupation

Lara Friedman. 02/04/14 12:25 PM ET

"A flawed but compelling narrative has taken root in the debate over SodaStream. It's the story of the*politically moderate Israeli businessman*building bridges*to peace by providing Palestinians good employment. What could be the problem with that?

The problem is that, by virtue of being located in a settlement, SodaStream's operations are inherently anti-peace and, by extension, anti-Israel. This is true, no matter how benevolent SodaStream's intentions or fair its labor practices. SodaStream made a conscious decision to set up operations in a settlement and become part of the occupation -- a decision it cannot now whitewash by adopting the language of peace and coexistence."

Sodastream, ScarJo, and the Myth of Benevolent Occupation*|&nbspLara Friedman

Last edited:
Watch "How to use your SodaStream Jet Soda Maker" on YouTube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjkDIbxcAY]How to use your SodaStream Jet Soda Maker - YouTube[/ame]

My ObamaFoam's name.... is "Toby". :whip:

Watch "Rain of Fire White Phosphorus in Gaza by Human Rights Watch" on YouTube

I already watched a demonstration and heard how yucky it was.

All I visualize is the taste of cough syrup.

Yuck!

And throw in the images of children burned to death with white phosphorous.

I am going to have to go throw up now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch "Rain of Fire White Phosphorus in Gaza by Human Rights Watch" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG9E5ZvpnUs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I already watched a demonstration and heard how yucky it was.

All I visualize is the taste of cough syrup.

Yuck!

And throw in the images of children burned to death with white phosphorous.

I am going to have to go throw up now!

That video has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Are you going off topic because nobody is agreeing with you???

Watch "SodaStream - Building Bridges, Not Walls" on YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl85AL1l0H0]SodaStream - Building Bridges, Not Walls - YouTube[/ame]

It's on topic, and shows that the "Palestinians" are happy they have jobs at the factory.

The thread is about the Occupation, an Occupation where we see tactics that include Israel burning to death children with white phosphorus.

That is the Occupation Scar Jo and all Zionists support and are lost within, morally bankrupt, devoid of consciences, devoid of respect for human rights of non Jews in Palestine, devoid of souls, devoid of hearts, devoid of humanity, devoid of God.

What value is gaining the whole world when you lose your very soul in its pursuit?

That question defines Zionism..

This thread most definitely does bring into issue the human rights abuses of Occupation.

But for the Occupation, there would have been no inconsistency in Scar Jo being a spokesperson for both Oxfam and Sodastream.

Last edited:
Watch "SodaStream SOURCE : Demo & Review | Sparkle Me Pink" on YouTube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcNp36eMx-o]SodaStream SOURCE : Demo & Review | Sparkle Me Pink - YouTube[/ame]

People really enjoy the product made by the "Palestinians". Sherri Incorporated would like their jobs taken away, and the enjoyment to stop.

The members of Sherri Incorporated are just haters. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back