Lots of Multiculturalism In SB Ads

I like ads with attractive people in them... I don't care about their culture.

I like ads with attractive people in them... I don't care about their culture.

I'm the same way about Mexican food. Love the stuff, I could eat it five times a day with six or seven kinds of salsa.

But Mexican culture, not so much: Their language sounds like chickens and goats trying to talk, and their music always sounds like cheap carnival music.

IMO a culture is a group of human beings banding together with certain beliefs, morals and rules usually tied to a geographic area and descendants. This culture will typically have their own unique foods, traditions, music, entertainment, etc.

When a person or group emigrates to another culture and land, it is divisive to try to set up that culture in an already established culture. That, to me, is 'multiculturalism.' Things like heredity, skin color, food or even some traditions are ETHNIC differences and, as we have already seen here in America, different skin colors and and ethnic traditions CAN co-exist as long as there is assimilation into the American culture. Multiculturalism is undermines that.

Now, as to whether or not the SB commercials actually promote multiculturalism I really don't know I did not pay attention to them that much. OP, give us an example.

That must drive you guys crazy.
Actually, the agenda was so obvious that I'm sure that people of rational thought just tuned it out in favor of the game.

After all, the biased network made sure that only the progressive ads were booked ahead of time.

Though, I have to admit, I was stunned to see a positive ad about Trump. Damn near dropped my beer.

Damned near.

Actually, the agenda was so obvious that I'm sure that people of rational thought just tuned it out in favor of the game.

After all, the biased network made sure that only the progressive ads were booked ahead of time.

Though, I have to admit, I was stunned to see a positive ad about Trump. Damn near dropped my beer.

Damned near.

Thank God!!!! You didn't drop your beer!!! :04: That would definitely be a penalty for sure!!! :cheers2:The Chiefs played an excellent game! :clap:

That must drive you guys crazy.

Why do you resort to such an idiotic position?

Instead of going out of your way to alienate your opposition, how about trying something positive and try being inclusive and showing how multiculturalism can be beneficial.

I didn't see the SB commercials. But in general, I have to ask how terms such as "multiculturalism" and "American culture" are to be defined. The U.S. has been multicultural since it's inception. Forgetting the history of European interaction with Native Americans for a moment, the English and Dutch settled the northeast. Africans were brought here before the Revolution. The area of the Louisiana purchase was bought from France, with both white and African-descended peoples living on it. A large chunk of U.S. land originally belonged to Mexico. Alaska was purchased from Russia. Then people started arriving from a multitude of countries. Then Hawaii in the Pacific, with its distinct culture, was added.

The term "multicultural" is only a description of what "American culture" is and always has been: a blend, an amalgam.

I can imagine that the SB commercials merely contained depictions of slices of American life.

Forum List

Back