Lottery up to 640 million, will you play?

I opted to to not buy a ticket.
But, I still have a chance of winning.

My eldest spawn bought a few tickets, if one of hers happens to be the winning ticket, I get to be included in signing the back of the ticket along with 5 other people.
1/6 of that jackpot, even if it's cash value and after taxes is more than enough.

My prediction is that 2 tickets will be sold that match the winning number, just because of the sheer volume of tickets sold.

I think I've bought about 3 lottery tickets in my life. Always figured it was a waste of money. Having said that a half billion is kind of enticing.

I think ill buy about 5 dollars worth on my way home this afternoon. If I win I will give every regular poster here that I recognize a grand since you all have kept me entertained for the past year.

Anyhow if you bought a ticket....GOOD LUCK!

So this being said, why is 600M so much more enticing then 100M? I realize that its 6X as much money, but what could you buy with 600M that you couldn't afford with 100M? Except something like a hockey team.

BTW I did buy $5 worth so...

I think I've bought about 3 lottery tickets in my life. Always figured it was a waste of money. Having said that a half billion is kind of enticing.

I think ill buy about 5 dollars worth on my way home this afternoon. If I win I will give every regular poster here that I recognize a grand since you all have kept me entertained for the past year.

So this being said, why is 600M so much more enticing then 100M? I realize that its 6X as much money, but what could you buy with 600M that you couldn't afford with 100M? Except something like a hockey team.

BTW I did buy $5 worth so...

Because I heard about it. Like I said I dont play the lotto

What I want to know is, with the odds of winning at 1 in 175 Million and the pay-out at $640 Million, :dunno: why doesn't some rich asshole buy the pot?

Even the 'pay me now' pay out guarantees over $300 Million and that's almost a double of the $175 Million initial investment.... :eusa_think:

Can you just imagine some rich dude sitting in a Starbucks frantically penciling in 175 Million tickets?
:lmao:

What I want to know is, with the odds of winning at 1 in 175 Million and the pay-out at $640 Million, :dunno: why doesn't some rich asshole buy the pot?

Even the 'pay me now' pay out guarantees over $300 Million and that's almost a double of the $175 Million initial investment.... :eusa_think:

Can you just imagine some rich dude sitting in a Starbucks frantically penciling in 175 Million tickets?
:lmao:

More hilarious is the clerk at the store telling him to go to hell after he filled them all out.

Edit: On a more serious note the is a large chance that the pot will be split, so it could easily come out a loss. Or if split 3 or 4 ways, a huge loss.

Last edited:
Well I'm glad I didn't spend any money on the lottery tonight......none of the numbers picked were numbers I would have chosen.....so I feel OK *ha*

That would totally suck tho, to see the numbers I would have picked (yes I had numbers in mind)

Man lottery winning has sure expanded since lotteries first became legal, haven't they?

I remember when some guy who just re-uped in the NAV to get his paultry signup bonus of a couple thou, who then won like $3 million (in the early 70s) and THAT amount was THEN a big jackpot.

I cannot even imagine what it must be like to realize that you're holding a piece of paper worth over $600 million, can you?

I'm not even sure I'd want to win THAT much money.

The FAME of being the winner seems likely to be a real pain in the ass.

I guess I'd might be willing to risk it.

I'd make a whole lotta people and charitable organizations rich though, I know that for sure.

Last edited:
Man lottery winning has sure expanded since lotteries first became legal, haven't they?

I remember when some guy who just re-uped in the NAV to get his paultry signup bonus of a couple thou, who then won like $3 million (in the early 70s) and THAT amount was THEN a big jackpot.

I cannot even imagine what it must be like to realize that you're holding a piece of paper worth over $600 million, can you?

I'm not even sure I'd want to win THAT much money.

The FAME of being the winner seems likely to be a real pain in the ass.

I guess I'd might be willing to risk it.

I'd make a whole lotta people and charitable organizations rich though, I know that for sure.

I'd love some extra cash but winning that much takes all of the burdon away and the need to even strive for anything anymore. Even if you are the most responsible person, you take care of your family, the money, everything like that, imo you need challenges to keep your life interesting.

I just don't know how if I'd stay motivated enough.

Thanks Gramps. I'm in the midst of an offer on another 20 acres of land.Gambling aint my thing any more. If you don't win you can come down and plant out an acre to sustain yourself when they close the curtains on that movie.
Property L 07 @ La Tigra Properties for investment and retirement property in Costa Rica

Gawd, with that kind of money I could get most of you humans to do all kinds of things for me. "Wash my laundry, you 99%'ers." "Cook me some food, my slaves." "Clean my cats litter box, you ignorant low life." (humans will do anything for money, LOL, like puppets most are) "Roll over, Rover, roll over." "Bark like a dog." "Shine my shoes, you beggars." :lol: (golly it would be keen to be part of that 1% that can command and own the rest, I can see the appeal of it all) "Bow before me and I may toss thee a bone, peasants." (money buys lots of respect on Earth you know) "Send in the court jesters to amuse me, have them say or do something commie, religious, racist, or authoritarian to make me laugh." (gawd, rich people have so much fun, I want to be one too) "Now, lick me clean, as if you were a cat ... or money loving human." (is there no shame or self respect when it comes to humans and money?) :badgrin: "Now strip and do as my money commands, humans." :tongue:

Out of 10 tix, we only had one number. :(

It's probably better though. I told my best friend that I'd give her a million, and she said that was pretty cheap. Might've lost some friends over it. :lol:

Forum List

Back