Lottery winner's ex gf wants her share

Sanchez's attorney says that a large chunk of the lottery winnings is already gone

Why is it that lottery winners all seem to have the financial restraint of a Washington DC Progressive on a cocaine binge?

If they shared their income, dual bank accounts - pooled resources to pay bills. etc.
Then she would be entitled in my opinion, especially considering the length of cohabitation.
If they kept money separate, did not have dual accounts - then she is wishful thinking.

Sanchez's attorney says that a large chunk of the lottery winnings is already gone

Why is it that lottery winners all seem to have the financial restraint of a Washington DC Progressive on a cocaine binge?

If I thought I might have to hand over a bunch of it to a gold-digger, I'd damn sure spend everything I could!

(Of course...I would spend it on things like jewelry, which I could stash in a safe deposit box and sell after the case is over.)

That's not true. Had he been married to her the wife would get $$ despite not having her signature

That's not true. Had he been married to her the wife would get $$ despite not having her signature

yes but they are not married

Common law marriage NJ is not permitted. The state of New Jersey does not allow for the creation of common law marriage as a relationship in which a couple lives together without participating in a formal/lawful ceremony. Unlike other states in the U.S.; however, New Jersey does not allow a couple to acquire marital rights by living together for a specified period of time. As such, a couple will not be required to pursuit a legal action to end such a bond if said relationship was created in New Jersey.

As long as a couple shares the same domicile as husband and wife, the question regarding the validity of their common law marriage New Jersey is unlikely to arise. However, for issues pertaining to inheritance of social security, assets, pension plans etc. a valid marriage is required in the state of New Jersey

http://marriage.laws.com/common-law-marriage-new-jersey#sthash.RhFISmlq.dpuf

Last edited:
Man, ex-girlfriend in court over $338M Powerball

If they give her a cent they might as well require him to give money to every woman he looked at on the day he bought the ticket
He purchased his ticket with her money. They lived together ten years. They have a child together. It sounds like a common-law wife or palimony issue, and he has been a very bad boy about beating her up after he got rich.

To me, whoever bought the ticket should be who gets the money, but if the buyer gave it to another person, both should each get half.

God bless you and those involved always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

They weren't married. She has no claim. End of story.

Man, ex-girlfriend in court over $338M Powerball

If they give her a cent they might as well require him to give money to every woman he looked at on the day he bought the ticket
He purchased his ticket with her money. They lived together ten years. They have a child together. It sounds like a common-law wife or palimony issue, and he has been a very bad boy about beating her up after he got rich.

Palimony cases always lose. She's entitled to nothing. If she had an attorney with any brains they would abandon any clain on the winnings and go after child support. The winner has already sent nearly 60 million back to his native Dominican Republic. There is no provision for common law marriage without the state recognizing common law marriage.

Ome

Not so fast, Clarence Darrow. She has his child, he owes her money.

What a greedy bastard he is.

He owes her nothing. The court may award child support based on his income including whatever interest or investment income from the winnings. She's entitled to no part of the winnings. If he should follow his 60 million dollars to the Dominican Republic, he will disappear. She will not get child support or even an order enforceable in international court.

Last edited:

Not so fast, Clarence Darrow. She has his child, he owes her money..

He owes her nothing. All she can do is request an increase in child support and child support is just that, support. It's not meant to provide for a certain lifestyle.

Not so fast, Clarence Darrow. She has his child, he owes her money..

He owes her nothing. All she can do is request an increase in child support and child support is just that, support. It's not meant to provide for a certain lifestyle.

Child support provides for the child to enjoy the same lifestyle as the child had when the couple was living together.

Forum List

Back