Lottery winner's ex gf wants her share

Not so fast, Clarence Darrow. She has his child, he owes her money..

He owes her nothing. All she can do is request an increase in child support and child support is just that, support. It's not meant to provide for a certain lifestyle.

Child support provides for the child to enjoy the same lifestyle as the child had when the couple was living together.

If he was even paying child support before, it's calculated by how much you earn. If he'd have remarried, child support would be raised by calculating his and his new wife's earnings.

He should not give her anything , but.....

what the heck, dont be stingy baby, throw the pathetic woman a crumb....

to shut her down at least.....:D:wink_2:

Sanchez's attorney says that a large chunk of the lottery winnings is already gone

Why is it that lottery winners all seem to have the financial restraint of a Washington DC Progressive on a cocaine binge?

57mil went to his home country.

The article said he gave 5 million away and he couldn't account for some of it. Why not just give his ex a couple of million, he was throwing it away anyway.

They lived together when he won the lottery and had been living together for 10 years and have a child. ( never married so she can gauge the taxpayers money, for sure ) - so she has a cause.

However, he is actively hiding the money, so until the case is heard in court, she will get nothing.

Moral of the story - don't mooch the taxpayer and you may have a lottery win :D
If she would be his official wife, the assets would be frozen until the court decides.

The lottery.
Always played by the trashiest in society.

Can anyone recall a decent, civilized, functioning member of society ever winning?

Unearned money always causes problems.

yes. the other powerball won by the 84 yo Florida woman in Zepherhills.

Sanchez's attorney says that a large chunk of the lottery winnings is already gone

Why is it that lottery winners all seem to have the financial restraint of a Washington DC Progressive on a cocaine binge?

57mil went to his home country.

Yeah, that's weird. I wonder if that meant to be used as a tax shelter or something.

If he won Powerball and took the cash option, the value is actually about half of that which would make it $169.5 million then they'd take taxes out of that. After taxes then he would have gotten around $84.75 million.

So maybe they didn't take taxes out yet if as you say, he had $140 million.

Gosh, I hope he's screwing around with the IRS like that, the cheap bastard will go to jail.

If he won Powerball and took the cash option, the value is actually about half of that which would make it $169.5 million then they'd take taxes out of that. After taxes then he would have gotten around $84.75 million.

So maybe they didn't take taxes out yet if as you say, he had $140 million.

Gosh, I hope he's screwing around with the IRS like that, the cheap bastard will go to jail.

the figures are from my head, I read the article earlier on the day.

He is a cheap bastard, but do you honestly think he needs to stay in the US with 57 million having already back in home country? I am surprised he did not disappear yet.

But those people are not smart. Just lucky.

Pedro Quezada of Passaic was the sole winner of the Powerball drawing last spring, worth about $152 million after taxes.
the quote from the article.

Man, ex-girlfriend in court over $338M Powerball

If they give her a cent they might as well require him to give money to every woman he looked at on the day he bought the ticket
He purchased his ticket with her money. They lived together ten years. They have a child together. It sounds like a common-law wife or palimony issue, and he has been a very bad boy about beating her up after he got rich.

Palimony cases always lose. She's entitled to nothing. If she had an attorney with any brains they would abandon any clain on the winnings and go after child support. The winner has already sent nearly 60 million back to his native Dominican Republic. There is no provision for common law marriage without the state recognizing common law marriage.
This lout stiffed his own American kid. I've zero sympathy for his causes. My bad.

If they shared their income, dual bank accounts - pooled resources to pay bills. etc.
Then she would be entitled in my opinion, especially considering the length of cohabitation.
If they kept money separate, did not have dual accounts - then she is wishful thinking.

I would agree.
Shared everything means shared everything.

Man, ex-girlfriend in court over $338M Powerball

If they give her a cent they might as well require him to give money to every woman he looked at on the day he bought the ticket
He purchased his ticket with her money. They lived together ten years. They have a child together. It sounds like a common-law wife or palimony issue, and he has been a very bad boy about beating her up after he got rich.

Palimony cases always lose. She's entitled to nothing. If she had an attorney with any brains they would abandon any clain on the winnings and go after child support. The winner has already sent nearly 60 million back to his native Dominican Republic. There is no provision for common law marriage without the state recognizing common law marriage.

that would seem to be the better angle

This lout stiffed his own American kid. I've zero sympathy for his causes. My bad.

Yeah give them some damn money sheesh..This guy is a low class piece of shit

She is raising his kid, if they have joint custody, so the kid can't live with rich dad and poor mum. They had ten years together and if he bought the ticket from the money in a shared bank account, she's entitled to some of it.

I still say the guy loses his ass before it's over. Some gold digging bitch will end up with it or he'll get into drugs and lose it all. I bet he files bankruptcy eventually.

Forum List

Back