Louisiana Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban

So explain, exactly, how I misinterpreted the research?

How would I know, you didn't present the research, only an article giving an opinion on what the research said.

But as for me, my point had nothing to do with parenting "ability" and yet that's the only point you addressed, the one not in contention.

You said children do best with a mother and father (and provided no studies, research or links...just some "these are the facts of life" bullshit)

Strawman

Then there's yada yada yada.

kaz said:
"Once again caught in a lie. Last time it was about the money, now it's about the validation again. So bureaucrats pat you on the back and tell you you're OK, you're as good as anyone else, then you can go off and live your life in joy. The desire for validaton from government is something I cannot remotely fathom.

This is why liberals are lucky and we are cursed you live in this country. In most of the world, you would be so happy to be left alone to live your life. In a large chunk of the world, you could go to jail or die. But in this country, you are obsessed with needing a pat on the back from government and validation from the collective, it's a critical issue to you. You can do whatever you want, live with who you want, have sex with who you want, spend your life with what you want. But government hasn't blessed you. Liberals are weak and pathetic, you'd starve anywhere else. Yet you rule here because we have one man, one vote. And you are one man."
==============================

^^ No better way to earn the heart and minds on marriage equality than to let normal American see and hear the words of conservatives like kaz here.

Thank you, kaz. You do our side a great service..

The irony of that statement, from the party of hate and intolerance.

Hey, Guy, there are Republicans all over the board. I'm not interested in defending them, so since you can't address mine, I'll pass on addressing the diotic rantings of the voices in your head.

You forgot the full faith and credit clause?

Very true

Every state should have to accept a legal marriage performed in another state

You never really left the playground, did you big guy?

Full Faith and Credit Clause legal definition of Full Faith and Credit Clause

The Full Faith and Credit Clause—Article IV, Section 1, of the U.S. Constitution—provides that the various states must recognize legislative acts, public records, and judicial decisions of the other states within the United States. It states that "Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State."

How do they not recognize a marriage performed in another state?

Read the full faith and credit clause and what DOMA says.

What I do know is that you do not want to treat gays equally under the law. That does make you a bigot.

If your fantasy life is improved by believing I'm a guy, more power to ya love.

Yet you can't name one person who has different rights being gay than if they were straight. When you can, get back to me, Steve. So did pretending to be a lesbian on the Internet turn out to be the hoot you thought it would be?

Remember the tip if you want a date, women are actually different than you, it's not just the equipment. Good luck with that.

The right to marry the non familial consenting adult of my choice. Just as Mildred Loving could not marry a black man, I cannot marry a woman of any race. That is discrimination based on gender. Mildred didn't want to marry a black man, I don't want to marry a man at all. I married another woman. Why is it that you don't want my legal, civil marriage treated exactly like yours?

This is exactly my point. You draw the same lines they do, you just adjust where you draw them. And you go to liberal dictators to make it so. There is nothing morally superior about you, you just discriminate slightly differently.

Very true

The Full Faith and Credit Clause—Article IV, Section 1, of the U.S. Constitution—provides that the various states must recognize legislative acts, public records, and judicial decisions of the other states within the United States. It states that "Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State."

various states must recognize legislative acts, public records, and judicial decisions of the other states within the United States.

DOMA violates the 14th ammendment and is unconstitutional

Wait for it......

Wait for it.....

Here it comes........

Gays are allowed to marry the opposite sex just like everyone else so they are not descriminated against

This is the part where everyone rolls on the floor laughing

Everyone?

That is why the 14th doesn't apply. Your argument of government making life fair iis an argument for the legislature, not the courts. You man now proceed with failing to grasp the discussion.

Very true

various states must recognize legislative acts, public records, and judicial decisions of the other states within the United States.

Subject to what? You don't know, do you? Hint, it's in the full faith and credit clause. You are making yourself look really dim witted right now to anyone but the most kool aid chugging of liberal. Even hard core leftists don't make this argument.

Very true

Here is what you are missing, big guy. I mean besides education after the sixth grade. It's actually in the clause. Can you read it?

"the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof"

Very true

Here is what you are missing, big guy. I mean besides education after the sixth grade. It's actually in the clause. Can you read it?

"the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof"
it's the congress will save us from the gay plague ploy.....
it's been done to death and failed....

Very true

Yea....but then there is that pesky Supreme Court to decide which of those laws may be unconstitutional

Guess you lose again

California has moved on. It now has gay marriage and the world did not come to an end
Gay marriage is now a fact of life. The "social experiment" of gay marrige shows that it does work and society is not negatively affected. The supreme court is going to make that decision next year
Republicans might as well accept it
California is a Democrat state that voted against, but a homosexual judge declared homosexuals come first and dictated against the constitution and the people.
So a California initiative banning all firearms would be okay with you? How about a California initiative banning evangelical Christians from civil marriage? That be okay with you?
I'm guessing California has a Constitution with a Bill of Rights that pretty much copies the Federal Bill of Rights. Any initiative in California would have to be a Constitutional initiative which I'm also guessing needs an increased signature requirement. Even if such an Initiative were to get on the ballot in California, I doubt it would pass. IF it did it would still be subject to restriction by the Federal Bill of Rights which represents a wider majority opinion.
Whether you like it or not, marriage has been declared a fundamental right...which is why anti gay laws (based solely on animus for gays) are being found unconstitutional.
I dont believe it has been,...in fact I think European courts have rejected that idea. Laws prohibiting "gay-marriage"...which you term "anti-gay" are NOT solely based on animus for gays.

You're not believing it does not make it less so. In Loving v Virginia, Zablocki v Wisconsin and Turner v Safely the SCOTU declared marriage a fundamental right.

Very true

They have to have a reason that is not based on animus towards a group of people. Anti gay laws and DOMA are based solely on animus towards gays.

What I do know is that you do not want to treat gays equally under the law. That does make you a bigot.

Yet you can't name one person who has different rights being gay than if they were straight. When you can, get back to me, Steve. So did pretending to be a lesbian on the Internet turn out to be the hoot you thought it would be?

Remember the tip if you want a date, women are actually different than you, it's not just the equipment. Good luck with that.

The right to marry the non familial consenting adult of my choice. Just as Mildred Loving could not marry a black man, I cannot marry a woman of any race. That is discrimination based on gender. Mildred didn't want to marry a black man, I don't want to marry a man at all. I married another woman. Why is it that you don't want my legal, civil marriage treated exactly like yours?

Ooops, you just lost. You just said government can regulate who does and doesn't have access to government marriage. That destroys your own argument which was based on that they don't.

Check and mate, the game goes to Redfish.

I never said they could not. Of course, they have to have a reason to do it. There must be a demonstrated societal harm in allowing it. Go!

They have to have a reason you agree with you mean, else you go to dictators to do it for you.

You still can't name a single person who being straight or gay changes who they can marry. That is why it's a job for the legislature, not the courts.

They have to have a reason not based on "I think gays are icky"

It changes who you want to marry. Blacks and whites were not prevented from marrying under anti miscegenation laws, they just couldn't marry across race, they could still marry. Same exact argument you're making.

What is the difference between discrimination based on race and discrimination based on gender?

it's the congress will save us from the gay plague ploy.....
it's been done to death and failed....

What does that have to do with anything I said?

Ooops, you just lost. You just said government can regulate who does and doesn't have access to government marriage. That destroys your own argument which was based on that they don't.

Check and mate, the game goes to Redfish.

I never said they could not. Of course, they have to have a reason to do it. There must be a demonstrated societal harm in allowing it. Go!

They have to have a reason you agree with you mean, else you go to dictators to do it for you.

You still can't name a single person who being straight or gay changes who they can marry. That is why it's a job for the legislature, not the courts.

They have to have a reason not based on "I think gays are icky"

It changes who you want to marry. Blacks and whites were not prevented from marrying under anti miscegenation laws, they just couldn't marry across race, they could still marry. Same exact argument you're making.

What is the difference between discrimination based on race and discrimination based on gender?

Um...OK?

It's not like blacks. Being black changed who you can marry. Being gay does not. You can spin and squirm all you want, you can't change the facts. So Steve, have you looked into this that girls and boys differences is not just their sex organs at all yet? I'm curious how that goes. Be sure to update me.

Last edited:
reasons YOU got married, civilly married hypocrite.

I have a civil marriage just like you do. Why don't you want my civil marriage license treated exactly like your civil marriage license?

Strawman

More like valid question too uncomfortable for you too answer.

I don't have to address every random question you ask me that has nothing to do with anything I said. Sorry Steve. A tip though, if you make it sound like you are addressing something I said when you are addressing the voices in your head, I definitely won't address it. I'm not interested in speaking for your voices, you can figure that one out yourself.

This is exactly my point. You draw the same lines they do, you just adjust where you draw them. And you go to liberal dictators to make it so. There is nothing morally superior about you, you just discriminate slightly differently.

That's funny. You make the exact argument as the racist bigots did, that it's not discrimination but I'm the one drawing "the same lines"? Irony poisoning. :lol:

That's funny. You make the exact argument as the racist bigots did, that it's not discrimination but I'm the one drawing "the same lines"? Irony poisoning. :lol:

I'm tired of you and your asinine delusions and endless strawmen. I'm not saying I'll never post with you again, but I'm going to take a break from this trudgery.

reasons YOU got married, civilly married hypocrite.

I have a civil marriage just like you do. Why don't you want my civil marriage license treated exactly like your civil marriage license?

Strawman

More like valid question too uncomfortable for you too answer.

I don't have to address every random question you ask me that has nothing to do with anything I said. Sorry Steve. A tip though, if you make it sound like you are addressing something I said when you are addressing the voices in your head, I definitely won't address it. I'm not interested in speaking for your voices, you can figure that one out yourself.

It does. Why should my civil marriage license be treated differently than yours? Explain that for us.

Forum List

Back