Louisiana Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban

The will of the majority is irrelevant when it violates the Constitution.
The bill of rights would not exist if it were not for the will of the Majority.....will of the majority is the only thing that gives the Constitution its legitimacy
2480-1378315917-1f0a34f3089c898985e47bee670edf0a.jpg
Well, if the man who had a decades long sexual relationship with his slave, and then enslaved his own children, said it, it must be sacred wisdom of the highest order.
from the wikipedia site about jefferson and hemmings:"Jefferson freed all of Sally Hemings' children, although he was deeply in debt. Hers was the only family whose members were all freed; Sally's daughter Harriet was the only female slave Jefferson ever freed." He allowed the oldest children to "escape" at the ages of 23 and 21. The others were freed on his death.
The Bills of Rights would be useless if states got to cherry pick Amendments they do not feel like following.
Thats not what we're talking about here tho. It is simple common sense that the 14th amendment addresses freedom of slaves and has nothing to do with gender.

Glad to know you are thinking of my nuts

Liberal men and balls is an oxymoron. Line up behind Obama with the rest of the women
awe look at you, internet tough guy defending his bf.

Fix the thread title little man...... Do something useful

Liberal men and balls is an oxymoron. Line up behind Obama with the rest of the women

stop being gay...Title is fine. Bigotry is dying

Plastic balls can get it in Nawlins now.

That's not the title. You should have used that. it would've made more since from you point of view. The tittle is a lie

That's not the title. You should have used that. it would've made more since from you point of view. The tittle is a lie
ok well thats a neat tangent you found, but the title is fine

Explain again how the majority get what they want over the minority including depriving us of our liberty and property because we are a democracy who believe in mob rule, yet the majority can be overruled by one guy in a robe?

That whole you can't vote away sone ones rights and thus judges as their job is too rule on such matters....
You aren't reading what liberals are posting, which is exactly what I said.

Don't like it, then blame the founders. Or you know, democrats like you like to do

Right, reasonable people blame Republicans, like you like to do...
Hey kaz is projecting again...shocking

Plasmaball is back on the playground...shocking. Those were the days, all you had to come up with was oh yeah, and am not. And unlike as an adult, it wasn't lame. Now it's just lame. When you type that elementary school crap, that sounds good to you? Seriously?

Explain again how the majority get what they want over the minority including depriving us of our liberty and property because we are a democracy who believe in mob rule, yet the majority can be overruled by one guy in a robe?

That whole you can't vote away sone ones rights and thus judges as their job is too rule on such matters....

Don't like it, then blame the founders. Or you know, democrats like you like to do
Nobody's rights were voted away. Gay marriage is not a right.

There is no such thing as gay marriage, there is only marriage and there most certainly is a right to marry. It has been affirmed by the SCOTUS on at least three occasions.

Most recently, Federal Justices have said:

"While it was assumed until recently that a person could only share an intimate emotional bond and develop a family with a person of the opposite sex, the realization that this assumption is false does not change the underlying right. It merely changes the result when the court applies that right to the facts before it. Applying that right to these Plaintiffs, the court finds that the Constitution protects their right to marry a person of the same sex to the same degree that the Constitution protects the right of heterosexual individuals to marry a person of the opposite sex." ~ Judge Robert Shelby

"One of the arguments against same-sex marriage is that the word “marriage” has inherent gender limitations in its definition. The Court heartily endorses the recent holding by the Tenth Circuit in Kitchen v. Herbert that the marital right at issue was never framed as the “right to interracial marriage in Loving or the “prisoner’s right to marriage” in Turner or the “dead-beat dad’s” right to marriage in Zablocki.

Instead, the Supreme Court has repeatedly utilized the term ‘fundamental right to marry’ without any limitations. The Court rejects the State’s attempt to too narrowly describe the marital right at issue to the right to marry a person of the same sex.” ~ Judge C. Scott Crabtree

There is no such thing as gay marriage, there is only marriage and there most certainly is a right to marry. It has been affirmed by the SCOTUS on at least three occasions.

The bible takes precedence over the US Constitution, and it says you are an abomination. Find God and repent and end your evil ways and you will join me in heaven. I will pray for you. We need to remove children from all homosexual fornicators and put them in foster care until a moral, Christian family can adopt them.

Stupid bimbo.

The bible takes precedence over the US Constitution, and it says you are an abomination. Find God and repent and end your evil ways and you will join me in heaven. I will pray for you. We need to remove children from all homosexual fornicators and put them in foster care until a moral, Christian family can adopt them.

Stupid bimbo.

Awwww...the civilly married guy is mad. Boo hoo. Tissue?

Stupid bimbo.
Um.....no it does not.

Stupid bimbo.
Um.....no it does not.

He knows that. He thinks he's being ironical or something.

Awwww...the civilly married guy is mad. Boo hoo. Tissue?

LOL, reading comprehension isn't your thing.
kaz said:
Yes, you ignorant slut, I'm against gay rights because I hate gays. This is why I don't take you seriously, ho. Now you can whine that I insulted you when I told you I don't take you seriously so I'm going to insult you.

There really is no way to make something simple enough for you to comprehend.

:rofl:

Government gay marriage is a job for legislatures, not the courts. It isn't addressed in the Constitution no matter how much you want to contort it. You can go back to your imbecilic oh, you hate gays and WTF, why are you insulting me because you have no long term memory or reading comprehension when I keep telling you.

Forum List

Back