Louisiana's most visited plantation removes sign declaring slaves were 'happy & well taken care of'

11231660-6830203-image-a-27_1553093024818.jpg

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

11231652-6830203-image-a-28_1553093066137.jpg

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?
The state is run by Democrats. And Louisiana needs all the revenue that they can get to stay alive. They are showing that a Democrat run state is good for the economy. So that when the 2020 election comes, that the citizens will vote Democrat. And so they need that slave mansion to help bring in revenue for the state. But I'm surprised that they didn't say that MLK Jr had used the restroom there, right before he went on to the Selma's march.

The state is run by Republicans and votes that way in Presidential elections. See, the trick is to know what you're talking about before posting, not get schooled on it afterwards.
They only has been electing Democrats candidates. Do y'all has a state like Louisiana in your country?

I lived in Louisiana for a dozen years before I moved here. I've been familiar with the state since literally infancy.

The state Senate / House look like this:

250px-Louisiana_Senate_partisan_breakdown.svg.png
250px-Louisiana_State_House_partisan_breakdown.svg.png

25 R to 14 D / 59 R to 35 D with 3 independents​

And "Bobby" Jindal (named after Bobby Brady) is a Republican.

It must suck to be stupid.​
The Landrieu family are the regional Dukes and Duchesses and run that state or get the crumbs first.

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?
The state is run by Democrats. And Louisiana needs all the revenue that they can get to stay alive. They are showing that a Democrat run state is good for the economy. So that when the 2020 election comes, that the citizens will vote Democrat. And so they need that slave mansion to help bring in revenue for the state. But I'm surprised that they didn't say that MLK Jr had used the restroom there, right before he went on to the Selma's march.

The state is run by Republicans and votes that way in Presidential elections. See, the trick is to know what you're talking about before posting, not get schooled on it afterwards.
They only has been electing Democrats candidates. Do y'all has a state like Louisiana in your country?

I lived in Louisiana for a dozen years before I moved here. I've been familiar with the state since literally infancy.

The Landrieu family are the regional Dukes and Duchesses and run that state or get the crumbs first.

Izzat right.

What offices do any of them hold?

Cue crickets.

Maybe you should have given those Africans a choice like everyone else who came to America

Yes, 150 Republicans freed the slaves. Today the Republican Party is busy turning young men of colour over to for-profit prisons where their forced labour is sold to corporate America. There are currently more young black men of colour being slaved out by for profit prisons, than were held in the American South in 1860 when Lincoln freed the slaves.

Congratulations, you've right back where you were when Lincoln freed the slaves.

Why For-Profit Prisons House More Inmates Of Color

Let's talk about those Canadian slaves. :aargh:

Canada didn’t have its own Parliament until 1867, so Canada has never had slavery as an independent country.

Prior to 1867, we were subject to British law. Slavery ended in Canada in 1833, when the British ended all slavery in the Empire.

But nice try.

That don't befront me, Canuck girl, because I'm from the US. :04:

PS: I know for a fact you have no clue about Loosiana. I do.

FL/AL/LA is kinda close, nomsyain'?

You done skipped Mississippi. Where my people come from, right up the River Road from Rosedown.

It appears I outrank you, nomsane?

Ain't no MS on the way from FL to LA. ;)

You'd have to take a pirogue.

Open Google Maps, look up "I-10".

It goes on...

That is how the Democrats do it. They pretends that they are minority. Just to control the minority.

That is how the Democrats do it. They pretends that they are minority. Just to control the minority.

I guess the strategy here is to load the page with so many videos that it takes too long to load.

You done LOST, Dippy. You got your clock not just cleaned but sterilized, painted, waxed and frickin' laminated.

Stupid and ridiculous sign. Should never have been there in the first place.

You cannot simultaneously take a person's freedom away while you are claiming they are "well taken care of".
Of course you can. We do it to loved pets every day. We feed them the best food, give them the softest beds. Their freedom would have terrified dogs running the streets eating out of garbage cans.
Pets?? Really?? People are NOT pets you ignorant bitch! God! There is something drastically wrong with you if you equate a person with a pet. We also get our pets spayed and neutered, so is this what you recommend for every boy and girl of reproduction age? Can't have it both ways insane woman, ya know?
You evidentally never loved a pet. I love my cat more than most humans.
Reading what I wrote, how did you come to that conclusion? I was replying to that crazy person and she is the one who compared a person to a pet. I have cats and a dog. I just rescued a cat last summer, or rather, he rescued me. I think I have a huge sign above my house that only cats can see and it says, "sucker lives here." I am also a failed foster because I fall in love too easily then can't give them up. The one in my avi is my deaf girl Coconut. She was a rescue too.

Stupid and ridiculous sign. Should never have been there in the first place.

You cannot simultaneously take a person's freedom away while you are claiming they are "well taken care of".
Of course you can. We do it to loved pets every day. We feed them the best food, give them the softest beds. Their freedom would have terrified dogs running the streets eating out of garbage cans.
Pets?? Really?? People are NOT pets you ignorant bitch! God! There is something drastically wrong with you if you equate a person with a pet. We also get our pets spayed and neutered, so is this what you recommend for every boy and girl of reproduction age? Can't have it both ways insane woman, ya know?
You evidentally never loved a pet. I love my cat more than most humans.
Do you whip it for not working hard enough?
Of course not. Like I said, I love my cat more than most humans.
So do I..

It goes on...

I can't believe anyone would actually say this. It's like saying the convicts in jail are happy because they are being taken care of. It's still jail and slavery is still slavery. The statement "as they have a natural musical instinct" also sounds a little racist to me. While they may have been treated well for the time and Mr Turnbull sounds like did his best not to be a monster, he was probably one of only a few who actually treated his slaves somewhat decently. You can candy coat it all you want but the institution of slavery is still evil.

It goes on...

I can't believe anyone would actually say this. It's like saying the convicts in jail are happy because they are being taken care of. It's still jail and slavery is still slavery. The statement "as they have a natural musical instinct" also sounds a little racist to me. While they may have been treated well for the time and Mr Turnbull sounds like did his best not to be a monster, he was probably one of only a few who actually treated his slaves somewhat decently. You can candy coat it all you want but the institution of slavery is still evil.
Not according to Tipsy. She thinks slavery for all but the elite is a desired thing. Read her posts, she says as much.

Slaves in America were probably much happier than the slaves in Africa. It’s possible they were even better off than the vast majority of Africans at the time.

Maybe you should have given those Africans a choice like everyone else who came to America

Almost no blacks owned plantations

You are correct in blacks buying slaves to eventually free them
Yes eventually white republicans freed them lol

Yes, 150 Republicans freed the slaves. Today the Republican Party is busy turning young men of colour over to for-profit prisons where their forced labour is sold to corporate America. There are currently more young black men of colour being slaved out by for profit prisons, than were held in the American South in 1860 when Lincoln freed the slaves.

Congratulations, you've right back where you were when Lincoln freed the slaves.

Canada didn’t have its own Parliament until 1867, so Canada has never had slavery as an independent country.

Prior to 1867, we were subject to British law. Slavery ended in Canada in 1833, when the British ended all slavery in the Empire.

But nice try.

I know all about Louisianna. I'm pretty sure I have relatives there given that my family arrived from France and landed on the Gaspe in 1741.

It goes on...

Not according to Tipsy. She thinks slavery for all but the elite is a desired thing. Read her posts, she says as much.

What I say is that most people desire slavery. It's security. They only want a just and generous master.

Freedom is messy. It's dangerous. The risks are seldom worth the reward. The slave never takes a risk. The master takes the risk.

Many prisoners do prefer the security of prison to the rigors of the outside. There is even a word for it. They are institutionalized and will never successfully live as a free person.

It goes on...

What I say is that most people desire slavery. It's security. They only want a just and generous master.

Freedom is messy. It's dangerous. The risks are seldom worth the reward. The slave never takes a risk. The master takes the risk.

Many prisoners do prefer the security of prison to the rigors of the outside. There is even a word for it. They are institutionalized and will never successfully live as a free person.
NO you stupid bitch!!! Most people DO NOT desire slavery! I don't, none of my friends do, and most all of the people in this country don't either. I know that you equate slavery with those on some kind of government assistance. Well, you're wrong. Some, not all, are on it because they're trying to lift themselves up to becoming a productive citizen and only need a temporary boost.

Do you want to become someone's slave? Maybe like someone's sex slave? Are you married and is your husband your master?

I'd like to interview a slave to see if they were happy or not. Please find me one and we can know once and for all.

What if the slaves of that plantation were, in fact, happy and well cared for?

Slaves in America were probably much happier than the slaves in Africa. It’s possible they were even better off than the vast majority of Africans at the time.

Yes eventually white republicans freed them lol

But nice try.

I know all about Louisianna. I'm pretty sure I have relatives there given that my family arrived from France and landed on the Gaspe in 1741.

Never quite made it to Gaspé but have been to Cape Breton several times. I recall that my Louisiana license plate was very popular in Chéticamp. :)

It goes on...

That troll still exists?
I kinda forgot about her since I poofed her onto Ignore, befitting her value here. I highly recommend that move, as she clearly has zero to contribute.

It goes on...

NO you stupid bitch!!! Most people DO NOT desire slavery! I don't, none of my friends do, and most all of the people in this country don't either. I know that you equate slavery with those on some kind of government assistance. Well, you're wrong. Some, not all, are on it because they're trying to lift themselves up to becoming a productive citizen and only need a temporary boost.

Do you want to become someone's slave? Maybe like someone's sex slave? Are you married and is your husband your master?

I'd like to interview a slave to see if they were happy or not. Please find me one and we can know once and for all.

You can. There are recorded interviews. From Louisiana as a matter of fact.

Link to the video?

It goes on...

Isn't it against the rules to discuss someone's family?

I am not married. But you are. Aren't you? You have been trading on your **** smell your entire life. It's your security. We all know how slaves desire security. You wail how you don't desire slavery yet wallow in the security slavery gives you. Now you lie about it.

If you aren't a slave prove it. Walk out the door right now. Take nothing with you. Make your way in the world with nothing but your freedom. You will soon sob for bondage.

Forum List

Back