Love me Not...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Love is not safe in Israel. Although attacks by Israeli Palestinian citizens is virtually non-existant this apartheid law exists...

Ban on Palestinians living with spouses in Israel

JERUSALEM (AP) — When Israeli Arabs search for a spouse, they don't just worry about looks, job prospects or future in-laws. They must think about whether their partner will be allowed to live with them.

The problem is — many Israeli Arabs, who are ethnically Palestinians, want to marry Palestinians from the West Bank or Gaza Strip. But relations between the Palestinian territories and Israel are testy at best and violent at worst, resulting in limits that even love can't overcome.

For the past decade, Israel has largely restricted Palestinians from joining their spouses inside the Jewish state, citing security concerns like Palestinian militants using entry permits gained through marriage to carry out attacks in Israel.

For ordinary people, though, the restrictions have undone countless romances, created stressful living arrangements and frayed family ties.

About 1.6 million Arabs are Israeli citizens. About 4.4 million Palestinians live in the West Bank and Gaza. They are linked by ethnic and family ties, but the lines between Israel and Palestinian areas divide them.

There are no official statistics, but thousands of Palestinians are believed to be living illegally with their Israeli Arab spouses inside Israel, threatened with deportation.

Israel's Interior Ministry did not say how many have actually been deported, if any, and no one volunteered stories of relatives or acquaintances who had been arrested or expelled.

Still, the perceived threat hanging over them compels the Palestinians in Israel to stay near their homes.

"I'm living on my nerves," said Sahar Kabaha, a 33-year-old Palestinian woman. After her Israeli Arab husband died last year, she was denied the right to remain in the country, even though her four children are Israeli citizens. She n"I'm living on my nerves," said Sahar Kabaha, a 33-year-old Palestinian woman. After her Israeli Arab husband died last year, she was denied the right to remain in the country, even though her four children are Israeli citizens. She now lives without legal papers in the Israeli Arab town of Bartaa. She does not take her children to a doctor, fearing arrest if she's discovered.

"All I want is permission to be with my children. They don't have anybody else to care for them," Kabaha said.
ow lives without legal papers in the Israeli Arab town of Bartaa. She does not take her children to a doctor, fearing arrest if she's discovered...

Last edited:
The crime of Apartheid is defined by the 2002 Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court as inhumane acts of a character similar to other crimes against humanity "committed in the context of an institutionalized regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group or groups and committed with the intention of maintaining that regime."

Last edited:
Love is not safe in Israel. Although attacks by Israeli Palestinian citizens is virtually non-existant this apartheid law exists...

JERUSALEM (AP) — When Israeli Arabs search for a spouse, they don't just worry about looks, job prospects or future in-laws. They must think about whether their partner will be allowed to live with them.

The problem is — many Israeli Arabs, who are ethnically Palestinians, want to marry Palestinians from the West Bank or Gaza Strip. But relations between the Palestinian territories and Israel are testy at best and violent at worst, resulting in limits that even love can't overcome.

For the past decade, Israel has largely restricted Palestinians from joining their spouses inside the Jewish state, citing security concerns like Palestinian militants using entry permits gained through marriage to carry out attacks in Israel.

For ordinary people, though, the restrictions have undone countless romances, created stressful living arrangements and frayed family ties.

About 1.6 million Arabs are Israeli citizens. About 4.4 million Palestinians live in the West Bank and Gaza. They are linked by ethnic and family ties, but the lines between Israel and Palestinian areas divide them.

There are no official statistics, but thousands of Palestinians are believed to be living illegally with their Israeli Arab spouses inside Israel, threatened with deportation.

Israel's Interior Ministry did not say how many have actually been deported, if any, and no one volunteered stories of relatives or acquaintances who had been arrested or expelled.

Still, the perceived threat hanging over them compels the Palestinians in Israel to stay near their homes.

"I'm living on my nerves," said Sahar Kabaha, a 33-year-old Palestinian woman. After her Israeli Arab husband died last year, she was denied the right to remain in the country, even though her four children are Israeli citizens. She n"I'm living on my nerves," said Sahar Kabaha, a 33-year-old Palestinian woman. After her Israeli Arab husband died last year, she was denied the right to remain in the country, even though her four children are Israeli citizens. She now lives without legal papers in the Israeli Arab town of Bartaa. She does not take her children to a doctor, fearing arrest if she's discovered.

"All I want is permission to be with my children. They don't have anybody else to care for them," Kabaha said.
ow lives without legal papers in the Israeli Arab town of Bartaa. She does not take her children to a doctor, fearing arrest if she's discovered...
Same as in the USA and any European country. You can't just bring in any family member and expect them to have legal status in USA. There is a process. Otherwise half of Mexico would claim to be related and move here.

The crime of Apartheid is defined by the 2002 Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court as inhumane acts of a character similar to other crimes against humanity "committed in the context of an institutionalized regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group or groups and committed with the intention of maintaining that regime."
Are you fucking blind? The article says about 1.6 million Arabs are Israeli citizens with the same rights as other Israelis. That's almost one quarter of the entire population of Israel. Can you show me one Arab Muslim shithole society where the non Muslims are treated with respect and have the same rights? Now get off your soapbox and run along.

Don't mid Pbel. We keep him here for laughs.

Are you fucking blind? The article says about 1.6 million Arabs are Israeli citizens with the same rights as other Israelis. That's almost one quarter of the entire population of Israel. Can you show me one Arab Muslim shithole society where the non Muslims are treated with respect and have the same rights? Now get off your soapbox and run along.

Same as in the USA and any European country. You can't just bring in any family member and expect them to have legal status in USA. There is a process. Otherwise half of Mexico would claim to be related and move here.

Just another example of the anti - Israel media taking a little non-relevant issue like this and turning it into 'apartheid Israel !!!!"

Israeli Arab: "Why can't my husband move here?"

IDF: "Well, you see... he's got a bomb strapped to his waist."

Israeli Arab: "BUT I LOVE HIM!!!!!!"

so, how easy is it for us Americans to get an Iranian sweetie over here? Or the love of our life from North Korea? Venezuela? Cuba?

How difficult is it for Japanese people to 'import' non-Japanese spouses?

I'm just trying to get some perspective on this situation, ce the OP seems to imagine it's unique and oh-so-terrible.

Come to think of it, if a Saudi citizen wanted to import a spouse from the WB or Gaza, just what difficulties would they face? Or a Jordanian wanting to marry someone lving in one of those UNWRA 'resorts'?

Last edited:
Israeli Arab: "Why can't my husband move here?"

IDF: "Well, you see... he's got a bomb strapped to his waist."

Israeli Arab: "BUT I LOVE HIM!!!!!!"
:lmao:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=76We6yBnIKE]ELVIS PRESLEY - Love Me Tender - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back