Love this quote by a protestor

Wall Street caused the mortgage problem?......Interesting.

Yeah, all those idiots who got themselves into homes they knew they couldn't afford, have nothing to do with it......Nobody held a gun to their heads and forced them to sign off on those loans......Nobody told them not to read the contracts before signing them......Nobody told them not to hire attorneys to peruse those contracts before they signed off on them...Nobody forced them to get themselves into ARM's, which is about the stupidest thing you can do when purchasing property.

Yeah, lets just have the government bail out all the idiots, and forgive those idiotic students who are now whining about taking out loans for their education.

And isn't quite funny how you libs piss and moan about Wall Street, while Wall Street has poured tons of money into dem campaigns over the years.......The dems own Wall Street, period.
The thing is, the people losing their houses in the beginning were the ones who bought above their means. Now that is not the case. It is people who didn't live beyond their means, that had the safe job and safe house. But you guys are too big of assholes to realize that.

LIke I said, you guys continue to go after main street while forgiving Wall Street. But hey, you guys are the true Americans.

There are risks to taking out a loan. Losing is one of them.
I love Luissa's claim of, "safe houses".

There's no such thing, until that last payment is made, and the deed is given to you free and clear.

Something tells me Luissa and many of these libs up here have never purchased a home, or fully understands everything that goes along with it.

Why do you guys hate your fellow Americans so much? You what an stupid statement.
You guys are awesome.

Each and everyone of you have missed the girls point, because you were too worried about the fact she was a college student.

Her point was that even with her very expensive college education.... she wont be able to find a job. Welcome to the real world. I am sure McDonalds does not need you to have a degree to apply for a job. I AM however sure she would not work be willing to at a McDonalds.

Hell no she won't... Why should she when Uncle Sam will spot her 99 weeks of unemployment?

You guys are awesome.

Each and everyone of you have missed the girls point, because you were too worried about the fact she was a college student.

Her point was that even with her very expensive college education.... she wont be able to find a job. Welcome to the real world. I am sure McDonalds does not need you to have a degree to apply for a job. I AM however sure she would not work be willing to at a McDonalds.

Hell no she won't... Why should she when Uncle Sam will spot her 99 weeks of unemployment?

Just read their 20 demands.... its all about a free ride in life. :eusa_whistle:

Why do you guys hate your fellow Americans so much? You what an stupid statement.

For me it does not have anything to do with hating my fellow Americans.

I do hate their college angst whining.

So who said you shouldn't need a degree to be a doctor? Just training?

Because whomever it was, is a moron. Just sayin.

Not what I said.

I said a person without a medical degree can learn how to do surgery.

Surgery is nothing but a set of skills that many people can perform.

And really if someone read all the same texts as a med student, and demonstrated sufficient mastery of the material by passing all the state required boards why is it necessary for that person to pay tens of thousands of dollars a year for med school?

Because it's stupid not to pay all that money for a degree for skills you already know. At least thats what seems to be the argument here.

I agree that an education is a good investment.

It is not nearly as good of an investment as it used to be (and that is academia's doing for dumbing down BS/BA degrees).

So, what if I took a loan out to invest in some start-up company? If I whine when it's hard to pay it back, I should be slapped.

No difference.

You guys are awesome.

and thus pride prevents work from being done. And Idle fools scream about how unfair life is to them.

Have they ever heard of working their way through college instead of taking out loans?
That's what I did.

That's ridiculous. I worked a day job in a factory, used the GI Bill and still ended up with $56,000 in loans which I have since paid off.
The days of "working your way through college" are over and anyone who said they did is either a liar, they went to a Bible College, mom and dad paid for it, or they never went at all.

If you don't have the money, you will have to take out loans for any meaningful education.

Idiot.

7 Reasons to Work Your Way Through College - College Cash 101 (usnews.com)

Just because you were so incompetent you could not get through college without borrowing money does not mean everyone else is.

You guys are awesome.

and thus pride prevents work from being done. And Idle fools scream about how unfair life is to them.

it is just as i said in the thread earlier... it pride that is sinking them. Pride that the want to start at the top and not at the bottom.

of course they want a $20 minimum wage... its beneath them to work for anything less.
of course they want free college educations... it is beneath them to work nights or two jobs for 10 years to put them selves though school on their own dime.

Tell me what degree is an absolute must in order to learn a skill?

Can one learn anatomy without a degree? The answer is obviously yes.

Can one learn to program a computer without a degree? Again, yes

Can one learn to design a circuit board without a degree? Yes.

The list is endless.

And Republicans SCREAM at me yelling, "No right winger on this board as EVER said education was a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hilarious.

Guess no one ever said:

Let him die.

Or applauded executions.

Or held the country hostage to extend Bush tax cuts for the rich.

They never happened.

I'm not a republican. And where did I say education was a waste of time?

I said one does not need to attend a university to be educated.

There's a big difference between those two statements. Think about it.

Asking rdean to think is a bit like asking the sun to rise in the west.

So going to a school that is in the top 25 for graduate salary statistics is a bad investment?

One has to wonder if you guys think only rich people should get a Ivy League education, and have a better chance at earning a larger income.

My real point is, the only reason most have a problem with this person is they are a college student. If it was a tea party member with a home mortgage it would be a different story.

Wasn't it the tea party, and the right that made a big deal about the bail outs?

Did they go to one of those 25 schools? Does everyone who goes to those schools get top salary?

The problem here is the idea that education is an investment, it isn't, it is a foundation. Investments produce returns, hopefully, because other people do the work. An education gives you what you need to succeed, but you still have to do the work.
Um, in the OP it said she goes to Columbia. Can you read?

Investments produce returns,
Your words. ;) IN the last two days you haven't impressed me. Wouldn't a higher salary, and a chance of that be producing a return? If one has a bachelors or masters they will most likely earn more in their life time than a person who just went to high school. I would say that was a return on an investment.

Just because this girl went to an ivy league school, and is getting a graduate school she is more likely to earn more money, and find a job once she graduates. But hey it isn't a good investment according to you, it is just a good foundation. :lol:

What college did she go to? Are you going to argue that every Columbia graduate can expect high earnings simply because they went to that school? The median starting cash compensation for a Columbia University graduate is $60,000, tuition starts around $1000 per credit point.

If it was a good investment she wouldn't be sitting on Wall Street complaining about eating beans and rice, she would be living off of the proceeds.
:eusa_whistle:

Um, in the OP it said she goes to Columbia. Can you read?

Your words. ;) IN the last two days you haven't impressed me. Wouldn't a higher salary, and a chance of that be producing a return? If one has a bachelors or masters they will most likely earn more in their life time than a person who just went to high school. I would say that was a return on an investment.

Just because this girl went to an ivy league school, and is getting a graduate school she is more likely to earn more money, and find a job once she graduates. But hey it isn't a good investment according to you, it is just a good foundation. :lol:
I agree that an education is a good investment.

It is not nearly as good of an investment as it used to be (and that is academia's doing for dumbing down BS/BA degrees).

So, what if I took a loan out to invest in some start-up company? If I whine when it's hard to pay it back, I should be slapped.

No difference.

You guys are awesome.

The only point I got is she is complaining she does not have a job despite her "investment" in an education at Columbia. Why does the world owe her a living at a high rate of pay? Shouldn't she be required to actually earn whatever she gets paid by proving that she learned something, and can apply it to the real world?

You guys are awesome.

:lol:

Yeah, right. I'm "worried" about her being a college student. :lmao:

You are, just like everyone else. Otherwise you wouldn't be in this thread, and the OP would have never been made.

And getting college loans is very comparable to getting a loan for a start up company. :cuckoo:

I will give you a clue why I know it is about her being a college student, all of you missed her point. You were too focused on her being a college student, that it flew over your head.

No it is not. The only requirement for a college loan is that you go to college. In order to get a startup loan for a business you actually have to prove to someone that you have an idea, a business plan, and the actual chance of making enough money to pay the loan back.

Where did it say she was pissed she has to pay for her loans?

And the huge problem with mortgages is many people got laid off, and now can't find work because Wall Street decided it wanted to play Vegas.

And of course you would attack the normal citizen, that is what the right is good at. When do you sit back and realize that maybe you guys shouldn't go after college students, teachers, home owners, factory workers, while defending Wall Street?

None of you really know anything about this girl, but many have assumed she doesn't want to pay her loans, she doesn't have a job, and have bitched about her not paying her way through college. By all this, I can assume the right only wants to defend rich people, and that only rich people should get an Ivy League education.

Yeah, all those idiots who got themselves into homes they knew they couldn't afford, have nothing to do with it......Nobody held a gun to their heads and forced them to sign off on those loans......Nobody told them not to read the contracts before signing them......Nobody told them not to hire attorneys to peruse those contracts before they signed off on them...Nobody forced them to get themselves into ARM's, which is about the stupidest thing you can do when purchasing property.

Yeah, lets just have the government bail out all the idiots, and forgive those idiotic students who are now whining about taking out loans for their education.

And isn't quite funny how you libs piss and moan about Wall Street, while Wall Street has poured tons of money into dem campaigns over the years.......The dems own Wall Street, period.
The thing is, the people losing their houses in the beginning were the ones who bought above their means. Now that is not the case. It is people who didn't live beyond their means, that had the safe job and safe house. But you guys are too big of assholes to realize that.

LIke I said, you guys continue to go after main street while forgiving Wall Street. But hey, you guys are the true Americans.

Keep going after Wall Street while forgiving K Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. That obviously makes you a better American than me.

Keep going after Wall Street while forgiving K Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. That obviously makes you a better American than me.

Going after wall street is a sound byte. It sounds nice so they use it.

The real problem with our nation is that we have turned away from the God of this nation and broken His commandments. If we repent and turn back to Him and change our lives to keep His commandments, we will see an economy boom of unprecedented growth.

Going after wall street is a sound byte. It sounds nice so they use it.

The real problem with our nation is that we have turned away from the God of this nation and broken His commandments. If we repent and turn back to Him and change our lives to keep His commandments, we will see an economy boom of unprecedented growth.

I think the real problem has nothing to do with god. It does have everything to do with the people of this country becoming complacent, lazy and spoiled.

i DO KNOW veterinarian

..."veterinarian"...

Stop embarrassing yourself. You have admitted several times that you cannot answer the question. Overcompensation for your terrible inferiority complex seems to be preventing your from just keeping your piehole shut unti you actually have something to say.

A veterinarian has just as much training as a medical doctor you twit.

How many human physicians have told you that, Poindexter?

Forum List

Back