Love this quote by a protestor

So going to a school that is in the top 25 for graduate salary statistics is a bad investment?

One has to wonder if you guys think only rich people should get a Ivy League education, and have a better chance at earning a larger income.

My real point is, the only reason most have a problem with this person is they are a college student. If it was a tea party member with a home mortgage it would be a different story.

Wasn't it the tea party, and the right that made a big deal about the bail outs?

Did they go to one of those 25 schools? Does everyone who goes to those schools get top salary?

The problem here is the idea that education is an investment, it isn't, it is a foundation. Investments produce returns, hopefully, because other people do the work. An education gives you what you need to succeed, but you still have to do the work.
Um, in the OP it said she goes to Columbia. Can you read?

Investments produce returns,

Your words. ;) IN the last two days you haven't impressed me. Wouldn't a higher salary, and a chance of that be producing a return? If one has a bachelors or masters they will most likely earn more in their life time than a person who just went to high school. I would say that was a return on an investment.

Just because this girl went to an ivy league school, and is getting a graduate school she is more likely to earn more money, and find a job once she graduates. But hey it isn't a good investment according to you, it is just a good foundation. :lol:
I agree that an education is a good investment.

It is not nearly as good of an investment as it used to be (and that is academia's doing for dumbing down BS/BA degrees).

So, what if I took a loan out to invest in some start-up company? If I whine when it's hard to pay it back, I should be slapped.

No difference.

And most of my liberal friends are working and paying off their student loans.

I have a friend who went to one of the protests, and has worked to pay off her loans, and was doing so before she graduated.

Unless your parents are wealthy, most college students have to work through college.

Like I said, this thread would have never been made if it had been a tea party member with a home mortgage.

Actually i would say the same thing. If some tea party member was pissed off that they had to pay for the mortgage they took out and now cant afford.... i give the same answer.... tough shit.

One of the huge problems with the mortgage problem is that people wanted more of a house then they could pay for or afford.

Where did it say she was pissed she has to pay for her loans?

And the huge problem with mortgages is many people got laid off, and now can't find work because Wall Street decided it wanted to play Vegas.

And of course you would attack the normal citizen, that is what the right is good at. When do you sit back and realize that maybe you guys shouldn't go after college students, teachers, home owners, factory workers, while defending Wall Street?

None of you really know anything about this girl, but many have assumed she doesn't want to pay her loans, she doesn't have a job, and have bitched about her not paying her way through college. By all this, I can assume the right only wants to defend rich people, and that only rich people should get an Ivy League education.

Did they go to one of those 25 schools? Does everyone who goes to those schools get top salary?

The problem here is the idea that education is an investment, it isn't, it is a foundation. Investments produce returns, hopefully, because other people do the work. An education gives you what you need to succeed, but you still have to do the work.

Investments produce returns,

Your words. ;) IN the last two days you haven't impressed me. Wouldn't a higher salary, and a chance of that be producing a return? If one has a bachelors or masters they will most likely earn more in their life time than a person who just went to high school. I would say that was a return on an investment.

Just because this girl went to an ivy league school, and is getting a graduate school she is more likely to earn more money, and find a job once she graduates. But hey it isn't a good investment according to you, it is just a good foundation. :lol:

It is not nearly as good of an investment as it used to be (and that is academia's doing for dumbing down BS/BA degrees).

So, what if I took a loan out to invest in some start-up company? If I whine when it's hard to pay it back, I should be slapped.

No difference.

You guys are awesome.

Each and everyone of you have missed the girls point, because you were too worried about the fact she was a college student.

So shut the fuck up and go ride your BigWheel until you have something to contribute, Poindexter.

i DO KNOW veterinarian

..."veterinarian"...

Stop embarrassing yourself. You have admitted several times that you cannot answer the question. Overcompensation for your terrible inferiority complex seems to be preventing your from just keeping your piehole shut unti you actually have something to say.

A veterinarian has just as much training as a medical doctor you twit.

And tell me what good would it be to ask a surgeon if someone without a medical degree could learn surgery?

Doctors have such fucking egos that they would never admit the fact that one can learn the skills needed to perform surgery without going to medical school. It called conflict of interest.

And it seems you have the inferiority complex.
You don't believe you can teach yourself anything and that the only way you can learn is by attending university and having some professor tell you what the words in a book actually mean

What's it like living under such self imposed limitations, Sally?

Last edited:
So shut the fuck up and go ride your BigWheel until you have something to contribute, Poindexter.
Who the hell are you to tell ANYBODY to "shut the fuck up"?

Here, watch this: SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I know you've got your own dire inferiority complex to deal with, and it is clear you are losing that battle, but at least try to exert a little self control, weakling.
Shut me the fuck up, PANSY!

You had your ass kicked in this thread, deal with it.......It's par for the course with you!

Fuckin' liberal!

No difference.

You guys are awesome.

Each and everyone of you have missed the girls point, because you were too worried about the fact she was a college student.
:lol:

Yeah, right. I'm "worried" about her being a college student. :lmao:

So who said you shouldn't need a degree to be a doctor? Just training?

Because whomever it was, is a moron. Just sayin.

I have a friend who went to one of the protests, and has worked to pay off her loans, and was doing so before she graduated.

Unless your parents are wealthy, most college students have to work through college.

Like I said, this thread would have never been made if it had been a tea party member with a home mortgage.

Actually i would say the same thing. If some tea party member was pissed off that they had to pay for the mortgage they took out and now cant afford.... i give the same answer.... tough shit.

One of the huge problems with the mortgage problem is that people wanted more of a house then they could pay for or afford.

And the huge problem with mortgages is many people got laid off, and now can't find work because Wall Street decided it wanted to play Vegas.

And of course you would attack the normal citizen, that is what the right is good at. When do you sit back and realize that maybe you guys shouldn't go after college students, teachers, home owners, factory workers, while defending Wall Street?

None of you really know anything about this girl, but many have assumed she doesn't want to pay her loans, she doesn't have a job, and have bitched about her not paying her way through college. By all this, I can assume the right only wants to defend rich people, and that only rich people should get an Ivy League education.
Wall Street caused the mortgage problem?......Interesting.

Yeah, all those idiots who got themselves into homes they knew they couldn't afford, have nothing to do with it......Nobody held a gun to their heads and forced them to sign off on those loans......Nobody told them not to read the contracts before signing them......Nobody told them not to hire attorneys to peruse those contracts before they signed off on them...Nobody forced them to get themselves into ARM's, which is about the stupidest thing you can do when purchasing property.

Yeah, lets just have the government bail out all the idiots, and forgive those idiotic students who are now whining about taking out loans for their education.

And isn't quite funny how you libs piss and moan about Wall Street, while Wall Street has poured tons of money into dem campaigns over the years.......The dems own Wall Street, period.

Last edited:

No difference.

You guys are awesome.

You are, just like everyone else. Otherwise you wouldn't be in this thread, and the OP would have never been made.

And getting college loans is very comparable to getting a loan for a start up company. :cuckoo:

I will give you a clue why I know it is about her being a college student, all of you missed her point. You were too focused on her being a college student, that it flew over your head.

Yeah, all those idiots who got themselves into homes they knew they couldn't afford, have nothing to do with it......Nobody held a gun to their heads and forced them to sign off on those loans......Nobody told them not to read the contracts before signing them......Nobody told them not to hire attorneys to peruse those contracts before they signed off on them...Nobody forced them to get themselves into ARM's, which is about the stupidest thing you can do when purchasing property.

Yeah, lets just have the government bail out all the idiots, and forgive those idiotic students who are now whining about taking out loans for their education.

And isn't quite funny how you libs piss and moan about Wall Street, while Wall Street has poured tons of money into dem campaigns over the years.......The dems own Wall Street, period.
The thing is, the people losing their houses in the beginning were the ones who bought above their means. Now that is not the case. It is people who didn't live beyond their means, that had the safe job and safe house. But you guys are too big of assholes to realize that.

LIke I said, you guys continue to go after main street while forgiving Wall Street. But hey, you guys are the true Americans.

You guys are awesome.

You are, just like everyone else. Otherwise you wouldn't be in this thread, and the OP would have never been made.

And getting college loans is very comparable to getting a loan for a start up company. :cuckoo:

I will give you a clue why I know it is about her being a college student, all of you missed her point. You were too focused on her being a college student, that it flew over your head.
Well, I guarantee that I know better what concerns me about the quote than you do. I am the foremost expert on what I know, what I think, and what my views are. You aren't an expert in that area, but you seem to think you are. Funny.

One more time: Personal choices have consequences. It's called personal responsibility and accountability.

But, don't let that stop you from making yourself look like an idiot for posting that you know what I know, what I think, and what my views are.

:lmao:

Skull Pilot is not saying you don't need a degree to be a doctor.

What he's saying is that it is possible to learn the same things a doctor or veterinarian knows without a formal degree, just by having someone with those skills teach it to you.

The thing is, the people losing their houses in the beginning were the ones who bought above their means. Now that is not the case. It is people who didn't live beyond their means, that had the safe job and safe house. But you guys are too big of assholes to realize that.

LIke I said, you guys continue to go after main street while forgiving Wall Street. But hey, you guys are the true Americans.
Bullshit!

Most of the people under the threat of foreclosure these days are the idiots who got themselves into ARM's. They are still the idiots who couldn't afford those homes in the first place.......And just because someone bought a home they COULD afford, but now may have lost their jobs and can't afford it, deserve no bailouts either.

And, how about you assholes start holding your lib polticians accountable for their major roles in the mortgage crisis, starting with William Jethro himself, who got the ball rolling, along with Frank, Dodd, and many other liberal assholes.

Last edited:

Not what I said.

I said a person without a medical degree can learn how to do surgery.

Surgery is nothing but a set of skills that many people can perform.

And really if someone read all the same texts as a med student, and demonstrated sufficient mastery of the material by passing all the state required boards why is it necessary for that person to pay tens of thousands of dollars a year for med school?

I don't know what to tell you, that's what the banner said. :dunno:

I double checked it on the way home and in front of the $40K it said, in smaller print, "up to".

So it's likely that to get to the $40K you'd need to log some OT and/or max out on bonuses. And according to your link, the average for my state is $28K, so that all seems reasonable.

Regardless, it's still decent money for someone in their early twenties.
Yeah, someone that wanted to stay in a dead end job.

Can you actually live on $28K in MA?

Why would you call it a dead-end job?

And yes, I lived in Boston on a lot less than that when I first graduated.

You link college loans and tea party mortgages in the post i quote.

Where do i defend wall street?

I don't defend the college students...nor do i defend the tea party with the house.

I AM commenting on personal responsibility. If you want to go to college... pay for it. If you want a house....pay for it. If you want a loan.... pay for it. If you want to get ahaid in life...work for it. Stop whining and wanting everyone else to pay for what you want out of life.

No difference.

You guys are awesome.

Her point was that even with her very expensive college education.... she wont be able to find a job. Welcome to the real world. I am sure McDonalds does not need you to have a degree to apply for a job. I AM however sure she would not work be willing to at a McDonalds.

There are risks to taking out a loan. Losing is one of them.

No difference.

You guys are awesome.

Her point was that even with her very expensive college education.... she wont be able to find a job. Welcome to the real world. I am sure McDonalds does not need you to have a degree to apply for a job. I AM however sure she would not work be willing to at a McDonalds.

Hell no she won't... Why should she when Uncle Sam will spot her 99 weeks of unemployment?

Forum List

Back