Low wage paying jobs.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
LOW WAGE PAYING JOBS.

Low wage jobs were never meant to be held by families to pay for housing, food, etc but to supplement income for seniors and for the disabled and other unskilled labor or provide part time employment for teenagers and students. Those jobs has practically disappeared because they are being taken by illegal aliens who work two of them. Raise wages and they will totally disappear. Unemployment among black teens is 45% and among white teens is 24%. I don't see seniors welcoming clients at the door at Wal-Mart any more.

I don't know what Obama is talking about. The 15 lowest paying jobs already pay more than $9 an hour.
The 8 lowest-paying jobs in America - Business - Careers | NBC News ... s-america/

Many of the lowest-paying jobs were once seen as the domain of younger workers who were first starting out in the work world, but increasingly these positions are survival jobs for midcareer folks who have been downsized, said Randall Hansen, a workplace expert with Quintessential Careers.

Wages overall have been on the decline (compared to inflation) for the last 40 years (since 1970)

While I support an increase in minimum wage, that won't do much to stem the artial wound that is the decline in manufacture in this nation.

LOW WAGE PAYING JOBS.

Low wage jobs were never meant to be held by families to pay for housing, food, etc but to supplement income for seniors and for the disabled and other unskilled labor or provide part time employment for teenagers and students. Those jobs has practically disappeared because they are being taken by illegal aliens who work two of them. Raise wages and they will totally disappear. Unemployment among black teens is 45% and among white teens is 24%. I don't see seniors welcoming clients at the door at Wal-Mart any more.

I don't know what Obama is talking about. The 15 lowest paying jobs already pay more than $9 an hour.
The 8 lowest-paying jobs in America - Business - Careers | NBC News ... s-america/

Well I am proud of you, it seems you have caught onto the crock of BS that we are being fed.

The low skill jobs that paid a reasonable wage fled the country, why? Because of the free trade agreements. It was predicted back 20 years ago and the "sucking" sound of jobs fleeing the country has happened. Plus we have the left wing pushing for more and more illegals. The only requirement is to be able to swim the Rio Grande. As you pointed out they too are taking the low skill jobs. YES, people should get educated but the reality is that not everyone is going to. Nor does working on an assembly line need higher education.

It is a shame what the free trade agreements did to this country, we are now reaping the whirlwind.

Last edited:
LOW WAGE PAYING JOBS.

Hey, you voted for him.

Now shut up and color.

Want a better paying job? Go to college or take up a trade. Leave the low paying jobs for seniors, students and the disabled.
Top Ten Lists :: Lowest Paying Jobs
The Best- And Worst-Paying Jobs In America - Forbes

It costs money to go to college. Lots of money. If you have no income, you can't get a loan to go to college, because you can't pay the loan back. If you can't get a loan, you can't go to college, can you?

Want a better paying job? Go to college or take up a trade. Leave the low paying jobs for seniors, students and the disabled.

It costs money to go to college. Lots of money. If you have no income, you can't get a loan to go to college, because you can't pay the loan back. If you can't get a loan, you can't go to college, can you?

Learn a trade, you'll can make as much money and you might actually use your degree.

Many of the lowest-paying jobs were once seen as the domain of younger workers who were first starting out in the work world, but increasingly these positions are survival jobs for midcareer folks who have been downsized, said Randall Hansen, a workplace expert with Quintessential Careers.

Wages overall have been on the decline (compared to inflation) for the last 40 years (since 1970)

While I support an increase in minimum wage, that won't do much to stem the artial wound that is the decline in manufacture in this nation.

The decline in manufacturing wages in general is global, not just in this nation. That's why it's going to cheaper and cheaper sources. Japan, then China, then India, the Phillipines, Malaysia, and Bangladesh.

Africa is next.

That's false. In the US we have guaranteed government-backed student loans with no income requirement.

Learn a trade, you'll can make as much money and you might actually use your degree.

Learn a trade. How does one learn a trade when they have no money to pay to learn that trade?

That's false. In the US we have guaranteed government-backed student loans with no income requirement.

And if the student is unsuccessful and cannot get a good job and cannot pay back that loan?

See, a smart person wouldn't risk falling into debt like that. Conservatives would expect them to.

Learn a trade. How does one learn a trade when they have no money to pay to learn that trade?

Its called a public library.

And if the student is unsuccessful and cannot get a good job and cannot pay back that loan?

See, a smart person wouldn't risk falling into debt like that. Conservatives would expect them to.

In the US, people can also join the military in order to learn a trade. It also offers the GI Bill and other programs to allow enlisted the ability to get higher education.

You learn a trade by applying for jobs in the field you want to learn about. It doesn't cost money. You start out at the bottom and learn from people who actually do it for a living, not from some school. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Such ignorance. You said that if one has no income, one cannot get a loan to go to college. That's false. Now you want to change direction.

Well then if you have no prospects and are looking to improve yourself it would be prudent to pick a field that is unserved and go study that. Then work hard, be thrifty and you won't fail. A smart person decides that their lot in life is dependent on their willingness to figure this out.

There's even a forgiveness provision for smart people who take a risk with their education. If you were smart you'd know this.

What was your question again? How to get rich waiting tables in Australia? I don't know the answer to that. But I do know that failing basic arithmetic and blaming political policy isn't the answer.

In the US, people can also join the military in order to learn a trade. It also offers the GI Bill and other programs to allow enlisted the ability to get higher education.

You don't even need to do that. Just enroll in college, get the GSL, then seek programs with loan repayment guarantees. Social work, education, law enforcement administration, all sorts of stuff pay for student loans in many fields.

But it's hard to get rich doing those things and that's the real problem for these folks. They want the reward without the risk.

But it's hard to get rich doing those things and that's the real problem for these folks. They want the reward without the risk.

I really don't think that is true of 90% of normal people.

I'm not talking about gangsters and teenagers here, but normal hard-working people who just want to feed their kids and pay their bills.

Though it is comforting to think that anyone poor is also lazy - it also seems fantastically arrogant and condescending. It also isn't my experience.

I think it is tremendously difficult for someone with a high school education, two kids, and who works in a supermarket to consider quitting work and going to college to study to become a plumber.

I agree that it might be possible, but it takes a huge leap of faith and it is a big risk when there are hungry kids and bills to pay. I can't dismiss anyone who doesn't make that leap as being a freeloader.

Forum List

Back