loyalty pledge

While I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, and while I believe a Trump Presidency would be just as disastrous for this country as a Hillary Presidency, I believe that Slate is so biased and so influenced by its liberal leanings that it is seeing things that just aren't there.

I respect you and your smarts, Av, so I find it especially disconcerting that you would buy into Slate's smears and help to perpetuate them.

Neither I nor slate asked these Trump supporters to do this. Loyalty oaths in and of themselves are disturbing but ask them to do it with their right hand out like this and people doing it is concern. Especially when you know people are already accusing you of nazi support.

Why would any politician do this? I have to think Trump is seeing how far he can go with them staying loyal. I really do think he could murder someone on fifth avenue and a lot of people would still follow him.

We might be able to survive a Trump presidency but can we survive being a people who vote for him?

Somebody bring Israel up in this thread and bring them back to their senses..................They will immediately reverse course and deny the Jews were ever persecuted......and demand a new Palestinian State........................

Quick damage control....................

stupid-liberal-quotes.jpg

Here's a really creepy pledge:

Raise your right hand and repeat after me.........

Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help me god......................

Naw.........never seen anybody do that...................geesh.

:lame2:
eagle, i'm worried about you....

raising a right hand and saying an oath IS NOT even close to the same gesture as raising the right arm in those pictures.... WHY did they all raise their right arms in the heil hitler position? Were they TOLD to raise their right hand to pledge OR were they TOLD to raise their right arms to pledge their commitment to him, like the heil hitler gesture, which it appears to be the latter?

Trump is really playing with the followers to see how far they will go in their support....or he is the most arrogant man on earth...

this is not a joke and is NOT funny...be careful...
The only thing you need to worry about is if you actually think it's real...............OMG................the only lunatics are the ones who are trying to sell this crap.
oh, ok....you say it's photo shopped?
No.....I'm calling all of you IDIOT'S...................

Liberal-or-Stupid.jpg

Neither Trump nor his supporters are 'Nazis.'

Trump and his supporters are of course wrong on most – if not all – the issues, and as already correctly noted support for Trump manifest in some aspects as a cult following, which explains why Trump supporters are oblivious to the fact that their candidate is wrong on most – if not all – the issues.
can you explain that jones?.....especially point no. 3.....thanks....

Con-media has brainwashed cons into thinking if you provide one or two 'examples' of something it completely destroys any argument to the contrary. It works on their audiences because conservatives do not understand or acknowledge anything more complex than us vs them. Black or white. Either/or.

This is how a 4 year old digests the world.

OMG.............the Nazi's have taken over a Rock Concert..............HIDE YOUR CHILDREN.....

sampling.jpg

Somebody bring Israel up in this thread and bring them back to their senses..................They will immediately reverse course and deny the Jews were ever persecuted......and demand a new Palestinian State........................

Quick damage control....................

stupid-liberal-quotes.jpg

ahh yes. An "elected" official "lecturing" an ..... Representative Hank Johnson, a Democrat from Lithonia, Georgia, questioned Admiral Robert Willard, commander of the U.S. Pacific Command,

Land O' Goshen, We are doomed.

Here's a really creepy pledge:

Agreed. Any time anybody anywhere tries to program robots ---- it's fuggin' creepoid.

It's a worthy comparison, although the difference is that children are vulnerable to influence from authority figures, while the adults in the OP story are --- adults. Presumably some of these adults have at some point been to a school, and presumably some of those schools would have taught history.

Apparently not very effectively though....

Last edited:
Oh No...........the Nazi's have captured a fat man...........They have already taken part of his clothes.......

The HORROR.......

200_s.gif

...more like, some don't understand the difference between cheering for a band, and raising your right hand when a political figure demands you take a pledge to him that you will never break.

Its the difference between knowing history and thinking nothing has ever happened before today, ever. And nothing ever could. Its the difference between having wisdom and knowing how fragile fragile things are.

I just played Metallica backwards..........why..........because the people raised their right hand at a concert.....

My GOD........it says..........vote for Hillary.......vote for hillary............backwards..............be afraid.......be very afraid.......

posted from a lap top hiding under bed. :ack-1:

Alex-period doesn't get that the point here is about the mob, not the guy on stage.... :rofl:
Except when the mob is comprised of leaders who are doing what is complained about in the OP. :slap:

:lol: You can't make a mob mentality out of a single person, Alex-with-a-period.
A mob is made up of "single person(s)"

No, a mob is a collective, Alex-complete-sentence-with-no-verb. A collective is made of individuals without individuality. Take one of those individuals aside, and you no longer have a mob. You have a pliant sycophant waiting to be told what to do --- preferably in the company of other pliants like him to validate his pliancy.

Alex-period doesn't get that the point here is about the mob, not the guy on stage.... :rofl:
Except when the mob is comprised of leaders who are doing what is complained about in the OP. :slap:

:lol: You can't make a mob mentality out of a single person, Alex-with-a-period.

No, a mob is a collective, Alex-complete-sentence-with-no-verb. A collective is made of individuals without individuality. Take one of those individuals aside, and you no longer have a mob. You have a pliant sycophant waiting to be told what to do --- preferably in the company of other pliants like him to validate his pliancy.
OMG the spelling and grammar police have pulled Alex over..................
tumblr_mw4fpkCDfK1rs4n0vo4_1280.gif

Term of art . Your point is a non point.

Pledge of loyalty. Outstretched right arm. Screaming crowds cheering a message of hate. Anybody that cannot see the parallels is blind.

Forum List

Back