Lymphatic massage and chicken soup for flu...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Seriously.
I wish I had known about lymphatic massage 30 years ago. Or even 10 years ago.
I know it works really well for horses...but I had no idea it was lymph related, I just thought massage is mysteriously good for sick or underweight horses. I assumed it was a circulation thing, and it is, but anyway...

I had the flu a few weeks ago. It started in my head. I get extremely panicked when I can't breathe through my nose. When I can't breathe through my nose and I'm also dealing with phlegm and swollen throat I climb the walls. I don't sleep, I have to pray, I become literally wall eyed with anxiety.

And of course I get the flu regularly, I have kids, I'm around so many people all the time, and they are often sick when I see them.

So when I get a bug, I put a chicken on (whole chicken, boil it and salt the crap out of it)

I take hot steaming showers, sometimes hourly if I am really distressed.

I drink lots of water and take ibuprofen....

AND

Lymphatic massage!

It really, really, super helps.

But the chicken soup works too. Just plain broth, I don't add anything to it, and I boil it down so it's very strong. The meat I take and give to the kids and snoop.

This last time I also took a cornucopia of decongestants....I needed them for a few days. I wrote down everything I took and when I took it so I didn't destroy my liver.

I generally try to avoid decongestants they make things worse most of the time...but I needed them with this last bout.

So
1. Water
2. Chicken broth
3. Lymphatic drainage massage

I wish you luck.

Forum List

Back