Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

Sometimes, when Town, it's better to be Luciferian. Devious, but for a good reason. If it means you as Town would have to manipulate other people you think are Townies in order to achieve the greater good, go for it.

Well, Mafia's really complex, and we've only just begun.

We haven't even delved into scenarios.

Or fluctuating roles as the Days progress. Imagine if a VT were, Day 2, given PM instructions to get some other player lynched, or else Scum would gain the ability to jail people?

Furthermore, if you guys want to get really advanced, there's multi-factional groups within Town AND Scum. There could be multiple groups within the collective "good guys," but they're quite alright with killing each other if need be, or if it's better for the greater good. And I could always swoop in and give someone a vial of poison during the Day...

Bolded....I thought that was already part of the game.

In this game, you want people to listen to you.

So, let's got back to the basics.

How do you compel people to listen to you, and follow your lead?

If it takes flattery, or impeccable reasoning, or just plain being a nice angel—or demon, swell.

Last edited:
Well, Mafia's really complex, and we've only just begun.

We haven't even delved into scenarios.

Or fluctuating roles as the Days progress. Imagine if a VT were, Day 2, given PM instructions to get some other player lynched, or else Scum would gain the ability to jail people?

Furthermore, if you guys want to get really advanced, there's multi-factional groups within Town AND Scum. There could be multiple groups within the collective "good guys," but they're quite alright with killing each other if need be, or if it's better for the greater good. And I could always swoop in and give someone a vial of poison during the Day...

Bolded....I thought that was already part of the game.

Ha! :D

Normally Townies don't seek to kill those they think are also Town.

However, when it comes to factional Townies who aim to take out Scum(s)... accidents DO happen. :badgrin:

Great, now I'm remembering that cool movie I watched... "Riddick."

First one group of bounty hunters came to the planet to catch him, but then another group came. They had choices, to either work together to nab him, or compete to take all the glory. Hm... interesting dynamics....

Forum List

Back