MAGA: Largest holiday sales in six years

To the chagrin of liberals who have told us of the stock market disaster, an upcoming recession, how employees are not making any money or jobs created were low-wage or part-time, it seems that consumers have an entirely different view.

According to the New York Post, sales for the season rose 5.1%. That's the highest in six years (Two years of Trump and DumBama's entire second term) which points to strong consumer confidence.

This does not happen on it's own. It takes leadership to usher in tax cuts, keep fuel prices low (which is unusual in this economy) and faith in the direction our country is going in. More people with more money creates environments like this. I wonder how the new leadership in Congress is going to destroy this?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/26/holid...OJ30zDNCrYNHm2stvJVqGXdOhwej9b8IYp-HRKtXtxT-A

Does that mean Obama was a strong leader to have had sales growth numbers for the holiday this high back in 2012? :eusa_think:

Sure, if you (or anybody) can point to something he did that benefited the economy. With Trump, I can point to tax breaks, getting rid of Commie Care mandates, reduction in business regulations and so on. Can't say that about the most anti-business President in our lifetime. But I'll give anybody credit that's deserving of it.

Presidents don't create jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All a President or administration can do is make it more or less inviting for the private sector to do so.

I'm sure someone could point to some Obama policies that they think contributed to a strong economy (or, in this instance, a strong holiday sales period).

Regardless, if the holiday sales growth "does not happen on it's own" than something must have occurred during the Obama presidency to cause it, just as now. It seems odd that the same thing would happen because of tax breaks, the end of the ACA mandate, and reduction in business regulations in one year, yet happen in another year without tax breaks, with the ACA mandate, and with more business regulations.

I wonder what you think caused the same sorts of sales growth in other years without the factors you listed applying?

To the chagrin of liberals who have told us of the stock market disaster, an upcoming recession, how employees are not making any money or jobs created were low-wage or part-time, it seems that consumers have an entirely different view.

According to the New York Post, sales for the season rose 5.1%. That's the highest in six years (Two years of Trump and DumBama's entire second term) which points to strong consumer confidence.

This does not happen on it's own. It takes leadership to usher in tax cuts, keep fuel prices low (which is unusual in this economy) and faith in the direction our country is going in. More people with more money creates environments like this. I wonder how the new leadership in Congress is going to destroy this?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/26/holid...OJ30zDNCrYNHm2stvJVqGXdOhwej9b8IYp-HRKtXtxT-A

Does that mean Obama was a strong leader to have had sales growth numbers for the holiday this high back in 2012? :eusa_think:

Sure, if you (or anybody) can point to something he did that benefited the economy. With Trump, I can point to tax breaks, getting rid of Commie Care mandates, reduction in business regulations and so on. Can't say that about the most anti-business President in our lifetime. But I'll give anybody credit that's deserving of it.

Presidents don't create jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All a President or administration can do is make it more or less inviting for the private sector to do so.
LOLOL

Dumbfuck, the mandates are still in place. Cutting them doesn’t go into effect until 2019.

But thanks for proving no made up excuse is beyond your reach to fluff trump that much harder.

:suck:

I'm sure someone could point to some Obama policies that they think contributed to a strong economy (or, in this instance, a strong holiday sales period).

Regardless, if the holiday sales growth "does not happen on it's own" than something must have occurred during the Obama presidency to cause it, just as now. It seems odd that the same thing would happen because of tax breaks, the end of the ACA mandate, and reduction in business regulations in one year, yet happen in another year without tax breaks, with the ACA mandate, and with more business regulations.

I wonder what you think caused the same sorts of sales growth in other years without the factors you listed applying?

It all boils down to consumer confidence. Remember six years ago was December of 2012. The economy was limping along but it was fine. That was one year before Commie Care enrollment. Remember that fines collected by those not having insurance was in excess of 3 billion dollars. That's 3 billion dollars out of our economy in 2015. So after 2012, money was sucked right out of circulation because of Commie Care.

LOLOL

Dumbfuck, the mandates are still in place. Cutting them doesn’t go into effect until 2019.

But thanks for proving no made up excuse is beyond your reach to fluff trump that much harder.

I'm not even going to entertain that. Instead, I'll give you this warning:

I'm sick of your responses starting out with insults unprovoked every single time. One more time and you're on ignore. I don't need to be trying to discuss politics with children. It's a waste of my time. If I insult you first (which I've never done) that's one thing. But I won't tolerate childish name calling with every single response. It's too far beyond me.

It all boils down to consumer confidence. Remember six years ago was December of 2012. The economy was limping along but it was fine. That was one year before Commie Care enrollment. Remember that fines collected by those not having insurance was in excess of 3 billion dollars. That's 3 billion dollars out of our economy in 2015. So after 2012, money was sucked right out of circulation because of Commie Care.

According to your article in the OP, holiday sales were over $850 billion. $3 billion isn't a very big percentage of that.

I just wonder why Trump gets credit in your mind for consumer confidence while he is president, but Obama doesn't. I think presidents tend to get too much credit (and blame) for the state of the economy and I'm wondering why you think Trump should get credit for this year's holiday sales but don't seem to think Obama should get credit for the sales in 2012 (while you do seem to be blaming him for lower sales after that year). It comes across as inconsistent. :dunno:

According to your article in the OP, holiday sales were over $850 billion. $3 billion isn't a very big percentage of that.

I just wonder why Trump gets credit in your mind for consumer confidence while he is president, but Obama doesn't. I think presidents tend to get too much credit (and blame) for the state of the economy and I'm wondering why you think Trump should get credit for this year's holiday sales but don't seem to think Obama should get credit for the sales in 2012 (while you do seem to be blaming him for lower sales after that year). It comes across as inconsistent. :dunno:

Not really. If Obama created some measure during 2012 that benefited the economy--especially working people, I'd give him all the credit in the world. But to be totally honest, I can't think of one. Most of his decisions about business were negative.

After Trump lowered taxes on businesses, some shared their new wealthy with their employees. This is on top of the tax breaks that workers got. In the meantime, median income rose for the third straight year in a row while poverty decreased the third straight year in a row. It all adds up.

These Companies Gave Bonuses or Raises After Tax Reform

Business owner gives employees an average of $20K in Christmas bonuses

LOLOL

I'm not even going to entertain that. Instead, I'll give you this warning:

I'm sick of your responses starting out with insults unprovoked every single time. One more time and you're on ignore. I don't need to be trying to discuss politics with children. It's a waste of my time. If I insult you first (which I've never done) that's one thing. But I won't tolerate childish name calling with every single response. It's too far beyond me.
Oh noooo’s. An idiot who can’t handle the truth is going to put me on ignore!! :ack-1: However will I survive that?

Dumbfuck, you posted nonsense and got called on it. You literally gave Trump credit for something which hasn’t even gone into effect yet. :cuckoo:

If you need to ignore that because you lack the balls to deal with it, let this be the post that inspires you to put me on your too scared to deal with list. Will that stop me from highlighting the bullshit you post? No. But it will help you sleep better at night thinking nobody notices.

They are related in some ways, but not the same. Local economies that employ local people do not benefit Wall Street Globalists. The latter benefit from offshoring and financialization. The former benefits from producing goods and services which employ normal people.

The local people buy the stocks and buy the products sold by the evil boogeymen globalist.

I'm guessing that the increase in consumer spending was at least partly the result of middle-income workers getting an increase in their net pay of between $60 and $400 per month thanks to the Trump tax cuts. My net pay rose by $220 per month thanks to the tax cuts, and I'm in the lower half of the third bracket, certainly not "rich" by any stretch.

I'm guessing that the increase in consumer spending was at least partly the result of middle-income workers getting an increase in their net pay of between $60 and $400 per month thanks to the Trump tax cuts. My net pay rose by $220 per month thanks to the tax cuts, and I'm in the lower half of the third bracket, certainly not "rich" by any stretch.

Certainly. And the fact our fuel prices are still very reasonable is a big help as well. Usually when the economy takes off like a bat out of hell, fuel prices do the same.

Credit card companies are ecstatic as just think how many working class poor folk will be paying the company for the next 5 years. Taking out even one credit card is a big mistake for anyone but the uber wealthy. Cash is king. Funny how the confidence of smart people never changes. We know what we can afford. Building a credit rating can be hurtful.

Credit card companies are ecstatic as just think how many working class poor folk will be paying the company for the next 5 years. Taking out even one credit card is a big mistake for anyone but the uber wealthy. Cash is king. Funny how the confidence of smart people never changes. We know what we can afford. Building a credit rating can be hurtful.

Not mine. I borrow money virtually free. I have several 0% credit cards and more offers in the mail begging me to take theirs every week. I keep putting them in a shelf on my computer desk, and every few months I shred all of them (except for the parts that don't have my name or institution on them which I recycle).

Unless you have no intention of ever buying a car or home the rest of your life, a good credit rating and history is invaluable.

Any rise under BO years were off a very low bottom. DJT years are gains rising off highs from 2017. perhaps?

Any rise under BO years were off a very low bottom. DJT years are gains rising off highs from 2017. perhaps?

There's some truth to that where the economy is concerned, but I'm not sure if it applies to consumer confidence. It would be interesting to see year by year holiday sales numbers.

There's some truth to that where the economy is concerned, but I'm not sure if it applies to consumer confidence. It would be interesting to see year by year holiday sales numbers.

I searched for it and didn't get up to date information. However I found this one that went up to about 2013. Sales for 2012 reached 2006 levels and leveled off through 2013.

lxcubv3cze6boqmaaisheq.gif

The Times reported that sales for this year was 850. That would take it to between 2007 to 2008 levels just before the recession hit.

i think far too often we give the president credit, or blame, out of convenience, not actuality.

I searched for it and didn't get up to date information. However I found this one that went up to about 2013. Sales for 2012 reached 2006 levels and leveled off through 2013.

View attachment 236983

The Times reported that sales for this year was 850. That would take it to between 2007 to 2008 levels just before the recession hit.

I would love to know how much of that 850 was put on credit.

Forum List

Back