MAGA: Largest holiday sales in six years

I would love to know how much of that 850 was put on credit.

Define "put on credit".
if $850 billion was sold, how much on credit could be a good indicator of a strong economy or hope we *get* one soon to pay for it.

You have to define CREDIT first, 30 days of aging on a balance isn't the same as 3 years.
no - i get your point and am using that "no interest for a year" on a major home update. also using paypal no interest for 6 months for a vast majority of my credit card purchases anymore.

just had to buy tires also. $980 for pirellis. 6 months no interest.

You know what I was talking about and so does he. This is his way of virtue signaling about how smart he is.

How much of that 850 will be still being paid for next Christmas...and the Christmas after...
he's being granular is all. i get what you're saying in theory in that are we simply going into debt as this would echo not too long ago when america was in debt hell. i have no idea how much debt we've reduced over the years per american but it doesn't seem to have gone down in 5+ years.

Average Credit Card Debt in America: December 2018

except this last year at $1500 and the year before but only a few hundred. but i would think that being down $1500 overall this year over last is a good thing and since the 2nd year down (by this site, no idea how valid) then maybe we are getting a handle on personal debt.

so i get what he is talking about in *what* type of debt and terms of such. for my $4k i had to get into this last last month i plan for it all to be gone by summer so i don't pay interest. i'll curb other spending if i need to and divert $ vs. sell stock if the market continues to be bad by then. i have time, i can plan.

To the chagrin of liberals who have told us of the stock market disaster, an upcoming recession, how employees are not making any money or jobs created were low-wage or part-time, it seems that consumers have an entirely different view.

According to the New York Post, sales for the season rose 5.1%. That's the highest in six years (Two years of Trump and DumBama's entire second term) which points to strong consumer confidence.

This does not happen on it's own. It takes leadership to usher in tax cuts, keep fuel prices low (which is unusual in this economy) and faith in the direction our country is going in. More people with more money creates environments like this. I wonder how the new leadership in Congress is going to destroy this?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/26/holid...OJ30zDNCrYNHm2stvJVqGXdOhwej9b8IYp-HRKtXtxT-A
Americans’ confidence in the economy falls again and is at lowest level since summer

Stocks fall in midday trading after disappointing consumer confidence report

Define "put on credit".
if $850 billion was sold, how much on credit could be a good indicator of a strong economy or hope we *get* one soon to pay for it.

You have to define CREDIT first, 30 days of aging on a balance isn't the same as 3 years.
no - i get your point and am using that "no interest for a year" on a major home update. also using paypal no interest for 6 months for a vast majority of my credit card purchases anymore.

You know what I was talking about and so does he. This is his way of virtue signaling about how smart he is.

How much of that 850 will be still being paid for next Christmas...and the Christmas after...

Probably the same as any other Christmas. Why would this one be any different?

Define "put on credit".

Get it now...pay for it later.

Is this a new concept for you?

No but it's apparently a new concept for you.

For example: I bought everything for Christmas using a credit card, yet I paid zero interest, got cash back from the issuer and ended up with a bunch of $5 Whole Foods credits from Amazon....

Any Idea how my "buy now and pay it later" strategy of credit use is different from say someone using a card and paying nothing but minimum payments on that balance?

Now I ask again...

Define "put on credit".

If you're able to come up with a cogent response I might just help you answer your original question.

you are the exception, not the rule. I am not going to play this stupid game with you. You can pretend that the US does not have a debt problem all you like, just do it without me helping your little fantasy.

Average Credit Card Debt in the U.S. in 2018 - MagnifyMoney

Americans paid banks $104 billion in credit card interest and fees in 2018, up 11% from the prior year, and up 35% over the last five years, as Fed rate increases have been passed on to consumers. MagnifyMoney analyzed FDIC data through March, 2018 for each bank whose deposits are insured by the FDIC.

The Average U.S. Household Owes $16,000 In Credit Card Debt

The average U.S. household owes $16,061 in credit card debt, up from 10% from $14,546 from 2006,

Sure sounds like people are confident of our economy for the long run.

Define "put on credit".

as for your 0% - i put $3k on "credit" to paint the inside of my house. 0% interest for a year. as soon as stocks recover some i'll sell a bit and pay off around $4k in total credit.

still credit - and if i don't get it paid off in the year (it will be) the interest will be killer.

No, don't do that.

Apply for another 0% interest rate card, pay the transfer fee (on 4K something like $150.00) and pay interest free for another year. Don't cancel the old credit card because after a while, they too will make a 0% offer for a year and if you must, transfer the balance back.

I had a home equity loan that the bank wouldn't renew. They said come up with the 12K or they will take action. So I got one of my 0% credit card companies to take the balance. Yes, I had to pay the transfer fee, but in the long run I saved a ton of money on interest plus the yearly fee the equity loan assessed to me.

Define "put on credit".

It’s not, that was the point...but I am not the one that started the thread indicating it was different

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

To the chagrin of liberals who have told us of the stock market disaster, an upcoming recession, how employees are not making any money or jobs created were low-wage or part-time, it seems that consumers have an entirely different view.

According to the New York Post, sales for the season rose 5.1%. That's the highest in six years (Two years of Trump and DumBama's entire second term) which points to strong consumer confidence.

This does not happen on it's own. It takes leadership to usher in tax cuts, keep fuel prices low (which is unusual in this economy) and faith in the direction our country is going in. More people with more money creates environments like this. I wonder how the new leadership in Congress is going to destroy this?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/26/holid...OJ30zDNCrYNHm2stvJVqGXdOhwej9b8IYp-HRKtXtxT-A
i think far too often we give the president credit, or blame, out of convenience, not actuality.

I only do that if they take an action. For instance I do give Trump credit because of tax breaks and his favoritism to industry. He created a healthy economic environment for the country. It's one thing to borrow money if you're not sure that you'll have a job in six months, and quite another when you know you will.

I also think fuel prices contribute greatly to our economy. This is the first time I can remember where fuel prices maintained during a booming trend.

Define "put on credit".

For example: I bought everything for Christmas using a credit card, yet I paid zero interest, got cash back from the issuer and ended up with a bunch of $5 Whole Foods credits from Amazon....

Any Idea how my "buy now and pay it later" strategy of credit use is different from say someone using a card and paying nothing but minimum payments on that balance?

Now I ask again...

Define "put on credit".

If you're able to come up with a cogent response I might just help you answer your original question.

you are the exception, not the rule. I am not going to play this stupid game with you. You can pretend that the US does not have a debt problem all you like, just do it without me helping your little fantasy.

Americans paid banks $104 billion in credit card interest and fees in 2018, up 11% from the prior year, and up 35% over the last five years, as Fed rate increases have been passed on to consumers. MagnifyMoney analyzed FDIC data through March, 2018 for each bank whose deposits are insured by the FDIC.

The average U.S. household owes $16,061 in credit card debt, up from 10% from $14,546 from 2006,

See post 62.

Define "put on credit".

Now I ask again...

Define "put on credit".

Our economy is doing well so far It's the gd politics that are screwing things up

It’s not, that was the point...but I am not the one that started the thread indicating it was different

I created the topic to show that we had huge holiday sales this year. How people pay for it is another subject. That was not my intent here. I think holiday sales reflect consumer and economic confidence in our leadership. I expect that to change next month when Democrats take control over Congress. Democrats are not business friendly people.

Americans’ confidence in the economy falls again and is at lowest level since summer

Mot much confidence during Ears's reign of error

MW-GT066_Consum_20181030105050_MG.png

Mot much confidence during Ears's reign of error

MW-GT066_Consum_20181030105050_MG.png
B-b-b-b-b-but Obamaaaaaaaa!

I created the topic to show that we had huge holiday sales this year. How people pay for it is another subject. That was not my intent here. I think holiday sales reflect consumer and economic confidence in our leadership. I expect that to change next month when Democrats take control over Congress. Democrats are not business friendly people.
See post 62.

Confidence going down now because of all the crap Trump is throwing

See post 62.

Your reports seem to both hinge on the stock market alone. The market bounces up and down, and people who are doing well at work are paying little attention. As for consumer confidence, holiday sales point to the exact opposite.

Define "put on credit".

Now I ask again...

Define "put on credit".

And that is the problem, one we keep having.

The economy will go into recession again, it was designed to fail on a regular basis, we are due soon.

When you are confident in the economy is the time to save and pay off debt. Individuals are making the same mistake the Fed Govt...adding to debt in a good economy is a begging for a disaster. Then when things head down there is no where to go but even more in debt.

We added 1.3 trillion dollars to the national debt this year...in the midst of a booming economy...just imagine what will happen to the debt in a recession.

See post 62.

Your reports seem to both hinge on the stock market alone. The market bounces up and down, and people who are doing well at work are paying little attention. As for consumer confidence, holiday sales point to the exact opposite.
Wow. It's like you are schizophrenic or something!

You start out by saying something does not hinge on a single factor, and then you cite a single factor to deny consumer confidence is dropping!

Read the links, dumbass. The stock market is reacting to the consumer confidence index, it is not the index itself!

JESUS!

Define "put on credit".

Now I ask again...

Define "put on credit".

The economy will go into recession again, it was designed to fail on a regular basis, we are due soon.

When you are confident in the economy is the time to save and pay off debt. Individuals are making the same mistake the Fed Govt...adding to debt in a good economy is a begging for a disaster. Then when things head down there is no where to go but even more in debt.

We added 1.3 trillion dollars to the national debt this year...in the midst of a booming economy...just imagine what will happen to the debt in a recession.

If that's what you think, then you're in good hands. The Democrats are in charge of spending now. Let's see what they come up with. Hint: look at what happened to spending last time they took over.

TDS dictates you try to take a positive......any positive, and turn it into a negative. It's something you simply can't help.

See post 62.

Wow. It's like you are schizophrenic or something!

You start out by saying something does not hinge on a single factor, and then you cite a single factor to deny consumer confidence is the lowest in six years!

Read the links, dumbass. The stock market is reacting to the consumer confidence index, it is not the index itself!

JESUS!

No dumbass, the market is shaky because of the tariffs and trade negotiations. Once that gets settled so will the market.

Now I ask again...

Define "put on credit".

If that's what you think, then you're in good hands. The Democrats are in charge of spending now. Let's see what they come up with. Hint: look at what happened to spending last time they took over.

TDS dictates you try to take a positive......any positive, and turn it into a negative. It's something you simply can't help.

The Dems are not in charge of spending you lying shit. They cannot do a thing without Senate and POTUS signing off on it.

You are worried about the Dems yet have never said a word about that 1.3 trillion Trump and the Repubs added in a single year.

You are a fake and a fraud

Forum List

Back