Maher, Dawkins and "regressive leftism"

Bill Maher has a fucking television show that reaches pretty much as many people who would care to watch it...

...and he's crying about having his right to speak denied?

How many of you have a television show?

We have a radio show! It's called the HIGH DEF SOCIETY. It is broadcast to audiences worldwide. Check it out!

Had he slammed Christianity they would have made him an honorary Professor of Religious Studies

Speaking engagements at campuses are not a 'right'.
Did I say they were?

Starting off when straw men again, are we?

You put it in your OP, quoting Dawkins:

"all over the Western world over -- America and Britain -- are denying people the right to come and speak on campuses."

Maybe next time read what you cut and paste.
Ah, so Dawkins said it. Okay, you're right.

And I'm glad to see you pushing against this thread, and I saw that a couple of my little stalker friends weighed in too, no doubt not very positively.

The regressive leftists always self-identity for me.

So we agree that Dawkins is full of shit for insinuating or otherwise saying that getting a speaking gig on a campus is a right.

Pretty case closed there, eh?

Did I say they were?

"all over the Western world over -- America and Britain -- are denying people the right to come and speak on campuses."

And I'm glad to see you pushing against this thread, and I saw that a couple of my little stalker friends weighed in too, no doubt not very positively.

And right on cue you start crying about 'stalkers'.
Oh, calm down.

You don't like the thread, I get it. No surprise there.

Bill Maher has a fucking television show that reaches pretty much as many people who would care to watch it...

...and he's crying about having his right to speak denied?

How many of you have a television show?

We have a radio show! It's called the HIGH DEF SOCIETY. It is broadcast to audiences worldwide. Check it out!

According to the RWnuts here, I have a lucrative job here making posts for big money.

Did I say they were?

So we agree that Dawkins is full of shit for insinuating or otherwise saying that getting a speaking gig on a campus is a right.

Pretty case closed there, eh?
Yes, you have completely shot down the notion of regressive leftism and are absolutely right and very impressive.

Thanks for participating in this thread.

:laugh2:

Did I say they were?

Oh, calm down.

Where did you ever get the notion that out of everyone here you are entitled to some sort of special privilege of posting political opinions unchallenged?

Every person who disagrees with you gets the same treatment -

you crying about how they are somehow acting inappropriately.

Did I say they were?

Oh, calm down.

Where did you ever get the notion that out of everyone here you are entitled to some sort of special privilege of posting political opinions unchallenged?

I'm happy about the predictable regressive leftists self-identifying for me and proving my point for me and you want to pretend I'm upset.

Okie dokie, I know how you are. Folks like you can talk yourselves into pretty much anything. That's how ideologues roll!

I really am amazed at how I often I make a point and you guys bounce right in to prove it for me. Thanks.

Think whatever you'd like. And keep it up, you're really putting out some serious effort here.

Had he slammed Christianity they would have made him an honorary Professor of Religious Studies
umm..he HAD slammed christianity. Do you feel dumb now or naw?

I wonder why he doesn't complain about not being invited to Christian conservative colleges to speak?

How many of those invites has he racked up?

Is it politically correct to simply accept conservative PC without objection?

Oh, calm down.

I'm happy about the predictable regressive leftists self-identifying for me and proving my point for me and you want to pretend I'm upset.

Okie dokie, I know how you are. Folks like you can talk yourselves into pretty much anything. That's how ideologues roll!

I really am amazed at how I often I make a point and you guys bounce right in to prove it for me. Thanks.

Think whatever you'd like. And keep it up, you're really putting out some serious effort here.

I proved you wrong.

umm..he HAD slammed christianity. Do you feel dumb now or naw?

I wonder why he doesn't complain about not being invited to Christian conservative colleges to speak?

How many of those invites has he racked up?

Is it politically correct to simply accept conservative PC without objection?
i wonder if we should go back to a less p.c. era in america where women had no say in business and household, negroes knew theie place and homosexuals had to live closeted and sometimes suicidally depressing lives. Cuz "conservative" p.c. was run amok where everyone unlike them was SHAMED.

It really is a shame that regressive leftists feel so obligated to work so hard at avoiding open, honest public debate.

If you really believe in your positions, you should welcome honest debate.

If you're afraid, perhaps you should (a) re-consider your position or (b) put forth the effort to create better arguments.

Bill Maher is a REAL liberal, good for him.

Forum List

Back