Maher hosts Shapiro - interesting conversation

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
Bill Maher tries to take down Ben Shapiro, but it doesn't go well

liking a lot of what shapiro says. he just wants the facts and *when* they happen we act upon them. these days however, we're mostly acting on emotion and that is clouding what little facts we do have.

for example - the russia segment in here where shapiro goes into detail on how trump has been harder on russia by actions (not talk) than obama was and maher glosses over that.

then for russia collusion - first it was TRUMP DID IT then it was "well not trump but his people..."

and i think we in here cross over that line all the time.

would like to see more open conversation with give and take on both sides and hopefully those days are coming back.

Give and take promotes only stagnation.
i don't see a whole lot of give and take right now.

but i do see a lot of fighting among more or less family and that needs to stop.

give and take conversation is how we can get there.

Shapiro pretty much shreds everyone he debates with.
He deals pretty much exclusively with only facts, and THAT is why he usually pummels anyone in the media who attempt to debate him.

He deals pretty much exclusively with only facts, and THAT is why he usually pummels anyone in the media who attempt to debate him.
he doesn't get caught up in the binary thinking many do these days.

you don't hate trump - then you must be a "insert extreme whatever here" - that kinda stuff. when he went into russia, he replies with facts and what trump has done, not said. to date, trump has been much harder on russia than obama ever thought of being.

but that's a fact that flys in the face of the needed "reality" for many on the left.

you don't hate trump - then you must be a "insert extreme whatever here" - that kinda stuff. when he went into russia, he replies with facts and what trump has done, not said. to date, trump has been much harder on russia than obama ever thought of being.

but that's a fact that flys in the face of the needed "reality" for many on the left.

I like that phrase - "needed reality".... I am going to use that.
I usually use the term "preferred reality" or "alternative reality".... but needed is actually more accurate.

I like that phrase - "needed reality".... I am going to use that.
I usually use the term "preferred reality" or "alternative reality".... but needed is actually more accurate.
just on one hand you hear many saying they're fine waiting for the investigation to be done and then the very next post it's how evil trump is and all he's done wrong.

well, which is it? gonna wait or mind made up? they need their reality to fit their emotions so to me it becomes a "needed reality".

Bill Maher is an idiot of epic proportions

He is actually quite smart. I would wager his IQ is probably around 120.
He chooses to be clueless. He makes very good money doing it.
Like iceberg said above, they warp actual reality to form "needed realities"... the only way they can maintain the opinions they have is to create a different reality in their mind.

Forum List

Back