Maine Gas Dealer; if You Voted for Trump, Get your Gas Elsewhere!

This is discrimination. Why aren't Liberals up in arms demanding this man be prosecuted for refusing to serve a group of people ?

That's just plum silly. First off, we vote secret ballot. Second, customers are under no obligation to tell the owner who they voted for.

More of that libtard tolerance thingy.

Cold! Maine Gas Dealer Refuses Sales to Trump Supporters - Breitbart

“Thank you for calling Turner LP Gas,” Michael Turner’s voicemail told customers. “If you voted for Donald Trump for president, I will no longer be delivering your gas. Please find someone else.”

The cathartic tactic may prove bad for business. Trump captured a majority of votes in Turner’s hometown, beating Hillary Clinton 2,046 to 1,674 in Skowhegan, Maine. In the county that surrounds, Trump did even better, which helped the Republican pry an electoral vote from Hillary Clinton in the second congressional district under Maine’s peculiar system of apportionment.

A Facebook page urges customers to dump the liquid petroleum seller, listing several competitors who operate sans the anti-Trump proviso.

Turner, who calls Trump “despicable” and the “Anti-Christ,” told the Bangor Daily News that he doesn’t mind losing business....​

Just another libtard.
I read that he hasn't had a license to sell propane sine 2012. Karma

free speech isn't always free
There are social consequences to free speech, the flip side of the coin of free speech.

If this guy had not made economic boycott part of his 'free speech', people would not be responding to him in kind.

Economic boycotts, I think, should be reserved for the most egregious abuse of free speech or unpalatable free speech.

I wont boycott a person if I know that they are pro-Choice simply because they are proChoice. But if abortion is something that they constantly extol as a virtue for the human race to weed out the unfit, the unloved and the excess population, I am going to have an unfriendly emotional response at the thought of meeting and interacting with that person again. I am not boycotting that person, but I am choosing other options. I wont do a full scale boycott unless that person does something heinous, like asserting that abortions should be available to anyone anytime anywhere like popcorn, then I do boycott, as I think that that person is evil and I do not want such people in my life.

So I am tolerant of my friends and family who voted for Hillary (I am not going to boycott my own mother), or that are proChoice (though I genuinely believe that they are defending murder), or that are gun grabbing fascists (most have not really given the issue much thought, just emotional reactions), etc. But if that person is so far gone into the fever swamps that they constantly say that Trump supporters are Nazis, that Abortions should be mandatory for anyone that already has a child, and that all guns should be confiscated I am going to boycott them in effect because I would be avoiding them to remove such lunacy from my life.

Yeah but I thought repubs were all for smaller government & fewer regulations
Not all Republicans think the same on any issue.

There is a difference of opinion allowed in the GOP, unlike the Democratic PArty.

lol.......well.........when you live in Scratchmyassville, Maine USA, you actually think people might care about this!!

Parting shot

Turner said he had “no idea” he hadn’t been licensed in years, but said he was retiring as of Dec. 31 anyway. He also said he was a “very small business,” estimating he only has 75 to 100 customers, all of whom are mostly at remote camps in northern Somerset County.

“I’d like to thank everyone who has called to support me,” Turner said. “And to the haters, I’d like to say, ‘Merry Christmas.'”
And you buy that? When it nears time for me to renew my professional and business licenses, I get multiple reminders

He should sell to everyone but let's be real...you guys don't give a shot about discrimination unless you FEEL its against white men. So you damn sure don't care about discrimination from 1 gas station in fucking Skowhegan, Maine. :eek:
Actually if he has competition I feel he has the right to chose who to sell to.

If you actually believe in private property, as conservatives claim to do, then you have nothing to whine about here. He can serve whoever he wants, and refuse to serve whoever he wants. You don't have to agree, but get over it.

Parting shot

Turner said he had “no idea” he hadn’t been licensed in years, but said he was retiring as of Dec. 31 anyway. He also said he was a “very small business,” estimating he only has 75 to 100 customers, all of whom are mostly at remote camps in northern Somerset County.

“I’d like to thank everyone who has called to support me,” Turner said. “And to the haters, I’d like to say, ‘Merry Christmas.'”
And you buy that? When it nears time for me to renew my professional and business licenses, I get multiple reminders

To that end, a small business like his can generate gobs of mail on a daily basis. Some relevant, some not. So it's pretty easy for a one man operation to fall behind. So long as he wasn't selling propane for use as an on highway motor fuel that is.

He should be fined and sued like the baker. Take his retirement savings. Can't discriminate, right liberals?
Amen to this. And what about those who didn't vote at all period? No they weren't a help to Trump, but they most definitely weren't a help to Hilary either. How are those people labeled?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If you actually believe in private property, as conservatives claim to do, then you have nothing to whine about here. He can serve whoever he wants, and refuse to serve whoever he wants. You don't have to agree, but get over it.
I think the chief complaint is that he made his business practice based on ideology instead of economic considerations.

And he got the result he deserves.

I think the chief complaint is that he made his business practice based on ideology instead of economic considerations.

And he got the result he deserves.
It's his right, so, again, who cares? If he goes out of business because of it he knows who to blame.

Forum List

Back