Maine Governor Wacky Paul LePage Writes ‘Stolen Election’ on Note Certifying Democrat’s Election Win

And you think if it had been the opposite result, no whining from the left would have occurred, right?
Most people probably had no real concept of how it would work.
No, they just started it in 2018.
He did and lost.
But you tell me how when you throw out the last candidate ranked choice, and then use those votes added to the top candidates, how do you know the intent of the voter of those lower candidates, to be able to then subscribe those votes to the top two candidate choices.
Why isn't the whiner fighting it in court?

Those rules have been in effect for a long time, haven't they?

So they were in place before the election, right? I didn't hear any complaining before your idiot right winger lost. Why not?

I’ll save that for when it doesn’t go with your vote.
And you think if it had been the opposite result, no whining from the left would have occurred, right?
Most people probably had no real concept of how it would work.
No, they just started it in 2018.
He did and lost.
But you tell me how when you throw out the last candidate ranked choice, and then use those votes added to the top candidates, how do you know the intent of the voter of those lower candidates, to be able to then subscribe those votes to the top two candidate choices.

Those rules have been in effect for a long time, haven't they?

So they were in place before the election, right? I didn't hear any complaining before your idiot right winger lost. Why not?

What is wacky is ranked choice voting can change who the winner is, even though the other candidate had the most votes.

No different than a run-off election when a candidate does not reach the prescribed percentage of votes. This just saves the state the money of doing it at a later date.
In a runoff , a person can decide if they want either candidate. If not, they stay home.

I think it is a great system as it greatly increases the chances of a third party candidate winning. Anything that does that is good in my book

According to a different report, "Maine’s top state court last year warned that ranked-choice voting conflicts with the state’s constitution, which says the winners of state-level races are whoever gets the most votes, or a plurality."

Meanwhile, the calendar demands certification, so just do it. Don't add doodles.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/29/maine...-election-while-certifying-democrats-victory/
Let's see what the same court ruled this year instead of what it "warned" last year:
Maine’s top court clears way for ranked-choice voting in June
From your link:

"However, the ruling was narrow. Justices didn’t address larger legal questions about the voting system that they voiced last year and during a hastily scheduled hearing last week, including conflicts with provisions in the Maine Constitution that call for statewide elections to be decided by pluralities and not necessarily majorities. Their decision also doesn’t address the general election in November."

Apparently the GOP loser here has decided to quit politics and retire to Florida, so the issue may not go back to court. I don't know who would have standing if he doesn't contest it.

But it is not resolved.

How? They assign the votes upward.
What is wacky is ranked choice voting can change who the winner is, even though the other candidate had the most votes.

No different than a run-off election when a candidate does not reach the prescribed percentage of votes. This just saves the state the money of doing it at a later date.
In a runoff , a person can decide if they want either candidate. If not, they stay home.

I think it is a great system as it greatly increases the chances of a third party candidate winning. Anything that does that is good in my book

According to a different report, "Maine’s top state court last year warned that ranked-choice voting conflicts with the state’s constitution, which says the winners of state-level races are whoever gets the most votes, or a plurality."

Meanwhile, the calendar demands certification, so just do it. Don't add doodles.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/29/maine...-election-while-certifying-democrats-victory/
Let's see what the same court ruled this year instead of what it "warned" last year:
From your link:

"However, the ruling was narrow. Justices didn’t address larger legal questions about the voting system that they voiced last year and during a hastily scheduled hearing last week, including conflicts with provisions in the Maine Constitution that call for statewide elections to be decided by pluralities and not necessarily majorities. Their decision also doesn’t address the general election in November."

Apparently the GOP loser here has decided to quit politics and retire to Florida, so the issue may not go back to court. I don't know who would have standing if he doesn't contest it.

But it is not resolved.
He dropped the lawsuit and it's not because he wanted to move to Florida (You invented that reason).
He knows he has no chance.
GOP lawmaker to drop challenge to Maine's new voting system

Or he ran out of money, or didn’t want to run out of money, fighting it.

From your link:

But it is not resolved.
He dropped the lawsuit and it's not because he wanted to move to Florida (You invented that reason).
He knows he has no chance.
GOP lawmaker to drop challenge to Maine's new voting system

How? They assign the votes upward.

Ok, lets take the last POTUS election and use it as a example (and yes I know that it is not how the POTUS is selected)

After the voting was done, none of the candidates had more than 50% of the votes.
So the person with the least amount of votes is dropped and those people's second place vote is now counted.

In this case it is McMullin. I will for the sake of convenience assume that if you voted for McMullin your second choice would have been Trump.

Still nobody had a majority so the next person would get drooped. In this case it was Stein. We will assume her votes would mostly go to Hillary.

At that point nobody still has more than 50%, so the process goes again.

Now we are dropping Johnson. Libertarians are right leaning so their 2nd place votes go to Trump...and now Trump has more than 50% of the vote.

People could vote for someone like Johnson or McMullin knowing that they could still make a difference in the outcome of the election. Right now the biggest hit on third parties is that it is a wasted vote. This removes that false narrative.

Forum List

Back