Maine Legislators Override Governor Wacky Paul LePage's Veto of Marijuana Legalization

10 bucks an ounce? Holy shit
When i started it was 40 a quarter.
Now that all you can find is kush, its 70 an quarter
Ain't no weed worth $160 /oz. How the fuck much do they get for a joint these days?
Now that the legislature and the governor have quit stalling, we may actually have recreational marijuana sold in our pot stores by next year. Wonder how much THAT will be? I think the state wants 20% tax on it, too.

You yourself said you haven't smoked in decades.

If you smoked the shit they have out there now, one puff would knock you on your ass.

It's one of the reasons I quit, it's no longer fun.
I know. About twenty years ago, my much younger half brother got me stoned and I didn't enjoy it at all. Way too strong. I always liked a lighter buzz, anyway, so I could go do fun stuff, gawk at things, get super into music. And sex was great. But like you said, I guess the stuff they're selling now would take some getting used to.
Yea, since science got involved, the THC content is through the roof!

At a Grateful Dead etc. outdoor concert, here comes a guy pushing a shopping cart with a BALE of marijuana in it.
I'll never forget that.
Sounds like a great time! lol
It was a truly memorable concert. Too bad we were so far from the stage I never heard or saw a single band. Half a million people showed up. That's a lot.

The opposition to marijuana legalization has never been honest or rational. It has always been about

ENRICHING AND EMPOWERING ATTORNEYS

Ain't no weed worth $160 /oz. How the fuck much do they get for a joint these days?
Now that the legislature and the governor have quit stalling, we may actually have recreational marijuana sold in our pot stores by next year. Wonder how much THAT will be? I think the state wants 20% tax on it, too.

At the Nevada Wellness Center in Las Vegas, joints are $13 each.

At the Nevada Wellness Center in Las Vegas, joints are $13 each.
Holy shit man. Are they gram js?

Its around 2-250 for an oz unless you get some real expensive crap. Or you buy pounds at a time lol
From what i have read, they are selling them at around the same price as the street. BUT then you have a 20-40% tax on it.
If they were to do that here, i am still going to buy it off the street. You cant get greedy and hope to put a dent in the black market.
I'm teaching over at the jail again, and yesterday I was talking to a drug dealer who SEZ he was up here dealing pot. (Yeah, right--when they got busted one of them had a kings ransom of cocaine up his ass). Well anyway, I played along and asked what they were going to do once we are selling it legally? He looked pretty clueless. Of course, he's not really selling pot.

But anyway, IF I were a smoker, I'd buy it legally just to keep those thugs home. We get a lot of folks up here from New York and Massachusetts selling their poison and putting them out of business would be a GOOD THING.

Weed legalization is a tough one for Dems....

Additional taxes to steal vs. enriching and empowering attorneys and big government to fuck over the innocent....

That's the other thing about pot these days. Hundreds of brand names, like its fucking heroin or something.

Back my my day, whippersnappers, there was only Columbian Gold and Panama Red. Everything else was "stems and seeds".

Different weed types can taste/smell very differently.

It if is called "vanilla," that's likely the reason....

They have all different kinds of "strains" these days.

Back in my day, we had one type. You needed to smoke a whole joint to get a buzz and the bag was loaded with stems and seeds.

Not anymore.

They have all different kinds of "strains" these days.

Back in my day, we had one type. You needed to smoke a whole joint to get a buzz and the bag was loaded with stems and seeds.

Not anymore.

And that is good. The healthiest way to toke is through a bong with cold water, filtering out the heat and the larger particles and ash that sticks inside the lungs. Better weed, fewer bong hits, better health...

Forum List

Back