Maine Legislators Override Governor Wacky Paul LePage's Veto of Marijuana Legalization

Holy shit man. Are they gram js?

Yeah, and they were good!

Especially the Gorilla Cookies.
Is eating a cookie the equivalent of a joint? How do you know how much high is in an edible?

Depends on the brand name and type of edible you get. Most of the candies come in 10 mcg THC per piece, which is like taking a small hit. Cookies can come in 10 mcg all the way up to 100 mcg THC doses. If you have any questions about it, just read the label on the edible and it will tell you exactly what the THC content is.

I can also advise you that if you get a candy that is 100 mcg in dosage, either clear your calendar for the next 2 days if you intend to eat the whole thing in one sitting. It will keep you stoned for 24 to 36 hours.

And, while Gorilla Cookies doesn't smell like vanilla, it is called Gorilla Cookies because it is heavy in Indica strain and it will knock you on your ass.

If you are curious about all this, I would recommend going to a 420 shop and picking the budtender's brain. Most are more than happy to explain everything to you, and if you have some kind of idea what you would like to experience, a good bud tender can hook you up with a strain to suit you. Some strains will enhance creativity, some will increase focus, some will put you to sleep, some will give you energy and make you want to clean the house or mow the lawn. It really all depends, because the growers have been experimenting with cross breeding of Indicas and Sativas. A pure Indica will put you "in da couch". A pure Sativa will give you energy and increase your creativity. A cross will do something in between, depending on what the breeders were looking for. (And yes, there are male and female marijuana plants).

As far as THC content? I've talked to a whole bunch of growers, and they say that the highest THC content they can achieve with cross breeding is 28 percent. The only way they could go higher than that is to make a GMO plant, and most pot smokers won't go for that, and neither will many of the growers. Your average THC content is generally between 20 to 26 percent, with some strains hitting 27 to 28 percent. And, some strains are bred to be high in CBD content, but low in THC. Those are most excellent for pain relief, even if they taste a bit different.

The only thing I can tell you is to go to a 420 shop and talk to the bud tenders and try the strains yourself. They all affect people differently. My roomie and her friend prefer Indica, because Sativas will make their pain centers go off, probably due to the body buzz that Sativas have. Me? I prefer Sativas, because I like the body buzz and energy it gives me.

And, if a Sativa affects you like that, be sure to have some CBD chews on hand. It will counteract the effects of the Sativa. Either that, or smoke a heavy Indica strain, and it will take over the Sativa.

I don't see anything wrong with smoking weed. It's just the people who OD on it.
I've been trying for forty years to OD on pot, just can't seem to do it right.

I've been trying for around 16 years, and it has never worked.

But, since the subject of overdose has come up, marijuana has been shown to be rather effective in helping heroin addicts get over their addiction. When a person goes through withdrawl, they experience nausea, joint and muscle pain, as well as are extremely jittery. What are the effects of a good Indica? Appetite stimulation, pain relief for joints and muscles, as well as calms you down.

A facility in NH has tried this over the past year, and guess what? They have around a 60 PERCENT recovery rate. For heroin addicts and no methadone was required. Best part? Because marijuana is not physically addictive in any way shape or form, they can quit marijuana when they feel like they are past the heroin.

Just watch...............a year after ME puts this into effect, you're gonna see a marked drop in heroin overdoses.
I have been hearing about that lately. Most substance abuse counselors I know say that addicts smoking pot is like changing deck chairs on the Titanic.
When my ex relapsed, that was the first slip--smoking dope again. Then booze then inpatient rehab.
Yep. I've known many an alcoholic who thought they could smoke pot and not suffer a relapse. I've never known a single one of them not to end up back in trouble.

"A drug is a drug is a drug."
GERD is a good anti-alcoholic trend.

Is eating a cookie the equivalent of a joint? How do you know how much high is in an edible?

Depends on the brand name and type of edible you get. Most of the candies come in 10 mcg THC per piece, which is like taking a small hit. Cookies can come in 10 mcg all the way up to 100 mcg THC doses. If you have any questions about it, just read the label on the edible and it will tell you exactly what the THC content is.

I can also advise you that if you get a candy that is 100 mcg in dosage, either clear your calendar for the next 2 days if you intend to eat the whole thing in one sitting. It will keep you stoned for 24 to 36 hours.

And, while Gorilla Cookies doesn't smell like vanilla, it is called Gorilla Cookies because it is heavy in Indica strain and it will knock you on your ass.

If you are curious about all this, I would recommend going to a 420 shop and picking the budtender's brain. Most are more than happy to explain everything to you, and if you have some kind of idea what you would like to experience, a good bud tender can hook you up with a strain to suit you. Some strains will enhance creativity, some will increase focus, some will put you to sleep, some will give you energy and make you want to clean the house or mow the lawn. It really all depends, because the growers have been experimenting with cross breeding of Indicas and Sativas. A pure Indica will put you "in da couch". A pure Sativa will give you energy and increase your creativity. A cross will do something in between, depending on what the breeders were looking for. (And yes, there are male and female marijuana plants).

As far as THC content? I've talked to a whole bunch of growers, and they say that the highest THC content they can achieve with cross breeding is 28 percent. The only way they could go higher than that is to make a GMO plant, and most pot smokers won't go for that, and neither will many of the growers. Your average THC content is generally between 20 to 26 percent, with some strains hitting 27 to 28 percent. And, some strains are bred to be high in CBD content, but low in THC. Those are most excellent for pain relief, even if they taste a bit different.

The only thing I can tell you is to go to a 420 shop and talk to the bud tenders and try the strains yourself. They all affect people differently. My roomie and her friend prefer Indica, because Sativas will make their pain centers go off, probably due to the body buzz that Sativas have. Me? I prefer Sativas, because I like the body buzz and energy it gives me.

And, if a Sativa affects you like that, be sure to have some CBD chews on hand. It will counteract the effects of the Sativa. Either that, or smoke a heavy Indica strain, and it will take over the Sativa.
I prefer the rice crispy treats...

Different weed types can taste/smell very differently.

It if is called "vanilla," that's likely the reason....

They have all different kinds of "strains" these days.

Back in my day, we had one type. You needed to smoke a whole joint to get a buzz and the bag was loaded with stems and seeds.

Not anymore.

And that is good. The healthiest way to toke is through a bong with cold water, filtering out the heat and the larger particles and ash that sticks inside the lungs. Better weed, fewer bong hits, better health...
My fav.

Colorado as we know was the first state to legalize weed . Ironically, I was busted there in the 70's for selling a key to a cop. They tried to send me to the big house for 3-5 but i got off with probation on the condition that I went back to live with my parents which was almost as bad.

I don't see anything wrong with smoking weed. It's just the people who OD on it.

Would you be so kind as to document some cases of people who OD’d on weed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would I do anything you wanted?

Thank you for admitting that, as usual, you’re full of shit

Would you be so kind as to document some cases of people who OD’d on weed?

Why would I do anything you wanted?

Thank you for admitting that, as usual, you’re full of shit

Trolling for queers?

At a Grateful Dead etc. outdoor concert, here comes a guy pushing a shopping cart with a BALE of marijuana in it.
I'll never forget that.

i started with two.

ah, the glen

good times
Watkins Glen AND Mt. Katahdin? This is getting a little eerie.
upload_2018-5-5_8-37-23.png

Already said, I'm not interested. But thanks for the pot shop advertisement.

As David Vitter would say, "depends". I was advised to eat a third of a (large) cookie, but it seems to make all the difference to eat it on an empty stomach and not as a dessert.

Um, so I've heard.

As David Vitter would say, "depends". I was advised to eat a third of a (large) cookie, but it seems to make all the difference to eat it on an empty stomach and not as a dessert.

Um, so I've heard.
Why Pogo, you sly dog.

At a Grateful Dead etc. outdoor concert, here comes a guy pushing a shopping cart with a BALE of marijuana in it.
I'll never forget that.

i started with two.

ah, the glen

good times
View attachment 191917

i worked with the acid casualties there.

spent a lot of weekends at baxter, too

I have been as far in to the Woods as Lily Bay, Kokadjo and the Golden Road. Took a great hike around Katahdin Iron Works once (fording the river was not my cup of tea, though). You could see Katahdin from Kokadjo; that's as close as I ever got. All I can think of is Thoreau's Maine Woods, and all the blackflies, which he wasn't exaggerating. I hear there are snow piles in Baxter well into June.

I'll never forget that.

i started with two.

ah, the glen

good times
View attachment 191917

i worked with the acid casualties there.

spent a lot of weekends at baxter, too

I have been as far in to the Woods as Lily Bay, Kokadjo and the Golden Road. Took a great hike around Katahdin Iron Works once (fording the river was not my cup of tea, though). You could see Katahdin from Kokadjo; that's as close as I ever got. All I can think of is Thoreau's Maine Woods, and all the blackflies, which he wasn't exaggerating. I hear there are snow piles in Baxter well into June.

True story -- I have a painting right here on my wall done by my grandfather (a Maineac) of a Maine highway through the woods. The first time I took US 9 across to Calais I recognized exactly what he was going for. Looks just like it.

Hate to tell you dude, but there is no way in hell that you can overdose on marijuana by smoking it. When you start to get really high, you simply go horizontal, get real still and go to sleep.
It does seem some people are benefited by marijuana, I could care less who partakes. But it also seems most people would get no benefit from marijuana usage.

When I was a teen we could get good weed for 65 dollars a pound.

I call bullshit. Every good dope smoker knows that there are 16 oz. in a lb., so if you were getting it for 65 bucks a pound, that translates into 4.06 an oz.

Anyone else ever been able to buy an ounce of good weed for 4.06? Even back in the hippie days of the 60's?
This was in the late 60's where it was common to buy an ounce for ten dollars. And another thing, I don't give a rats ass what you call. I was there sgt frag.

Even if it was only 10 bucks an oz., that still is 160 dollars a lb., much more than the 65 dollars a lb. you claimed.
It was free on the Pineridge Indian reservation… It was called Peyote. Whenever anybody ran out of cactus, marijuana was the go to…

Forum List

Back