Maine Legislators Override Governor Wacky Paul LePage's Veto of Marijuana Legalization

I know you guys aren't into research, especially when you fear what the research will find, but you might wanna do a little research into recent studies on the harmful effects of marijuana. Now that some states have essentially legalized pot smoking, scientists have a much larger sample size and study control group, and their findings are suggesting that marijuana is far from being the "harmless" drug we've been told it is.

Nah they're just recycling the old nonesense. No one ever said it was harmless.

I don't see anything wrong with smoking weed. It's just the people who OD on it.

Hate to tell you dude, but there is no way in hell that you can overdose on marijuana by smoking it. When you start to get really high, you simply go horizontal, get real still and go to sleep.
Marijuana Overdose

Doctors claim they have uncovered the first death from a pot overdose

Cannabinoid Poisoning: Background, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology

WHEN POT BECOMES TOXIC - CANNABINOID HYPEREMESIS SYNDROME

Pot is harmless they tell you, absolutely harmless.

I have no problem with you following your own version of a moral code. However I find it immoral, and extremely annoying, that you try to impose your personal code on others.

Its. It MY code. It comes from somewhere and someone with far more Divine clout than i have.

I don't see anything wrong with smoking weed. It's just the people who OD on it.

Hate to tell you dude, but there is no way in hell that you can overdose on marijuana by smoking it. When you start to get really high, you simply go horizontal, get real still and go to sleep.
Marijuana Overdose

Doctors claim they have uncovered the first death from a pot overdose

Cannabinoid Poisoning: Background, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology

WHEN POT BECOMES TOXIC - CANNABINOID HYPEREMESIS SYNDROME

Pot is harmless they tell you, absolutely harmless.

Your first link is to an anti drug site. OF COURSE they are going to talk bad about cannabis.

Your second link is talking about an 11 month old child who had a problem with their heart and there was THC in the blood and urine. While they think marijuana may have killed this infant, they aren't totally sure. And, it's the only one. People who are 21 or older won't have that problem.

Third one talks about a condition that is rare that MAY occur in heavy use, long term smokers, not the average user. ANYTHING in excess can become toxic, even water.

Fourth link talks about the same thing the third link does.

Sorry, you haven't scared me yet. Why? I've been almost a daily consumer since I retired back in 2002, and am well versed in what happens. Incidentally, it hasn't cut down my wind on my bicycle.

Always wanted a reason to visit Maine.

ANY reason is a good reason to visit ME. It's beautiful up there, and in the summer, the lobster is CHEAP.

Why do people in Boston make fun of people in Maine? They tend to think people in Maine are stupid idiots.

Link?

I lived there, trust me people in Boston have a low opinion of people in Maine, or NH for that matter.

Ah, so your link is "trust me, everybody knows".

I don't think you're quite cut out for this.

What part of I lived there don't you understand dummy? :itsok:

When I was a teen we could get good weed for 65 dollars a pound.

In 76 it was between 80 and a hundred for a lb. Oz were 10 bucks. Mexican seedy dirt weed. It worked, that is it got you high but you had all these seeds and stems left over.
I was paying 20 for an oz in '75. The 10/oz days were over, even for homegrown. I was amazed to see how the weed they're selling now is almost entirely big, fat buds. We never saw those. You could heat the leftover seeds and stalks gently in oil and then put that nice green/black oil in your brownies. MMMMM

I met a guy that works in one of these professional grow houses.

If I told you stories about how the weed is made today, it would make you long for the weed of yesteryear. . . . :eusa_doh:
I stopped smoking weed decades ago. Last time I bought it, it was $20/oz. So I don't think I'd be longing for anything. I do still love that smell, though. Brings back memories of good times.

Always wanted a reason to visit Maine.

ANY reason is a good reason to visit ME. It's beautiful up there, and in the summer, the lobster is CHEAP.

Why do people in Boston make fun of people in Maine? They tend to think people in Maine are stupid idiots.

Link?

I lived there, trust me people in Boston have a low opinion of people in Maine, or NH for that matter.

Ah, so your link is "trust me, everybody knows".

I don't think you're quite cut out for this.
Snots in Connecticut think the same. It's probably true, Pogo.

So when children spin around and around in one spot real fast to make themselves dizzy?.

Not something children should be allowed to do. For multiple reasons.
So you are the one that had all the merry-go-rounds banned on play grounds across the nation.

And here I thought it was the over protective liberals.

Hmm. . . imagine that. :auiqs.jpg:

When I was a teen we could get good weed for 65 dollars a pound.

I call bullshit. Every good dope smoker knows that there are 16 oz. in a lb., so if you were getting it for 65 bucks a pound, that translates into 4.06 an oz.

Anyone else ever been able to buy an ounce of good weed for 4.06? Even back in the hippie days of the 60's?
In the late 70s, an ounce was $20. That's why a "nickel bag" was called a nickel bag, and a "dime bag" was called a dime bag. One quarter of an ounce cost five bucks, half an ounce was ten bucks. And it came in a baggie.

I have no idea how much pot costs now, or if they still call a quarter ounce a nickel bag.

Smoking cigarettes is bad, but smoking Pot is OK? Hey, legalize it all!

Because marijuana is not physically addictive in any way shape or form, they can quit marijuana when they feel like they are past the heroin.
Marijuana is addictive. I don't know who told you it isn't, but they are wrong.

Forum List

Back