Majority of Americans agree the use of Torture was justified Polls say

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Whether you agree with the tactics used by the CIA on the detainees or not, a majority of Americans in three polls found that the those tactics used against detainees were justified.

A majority of Americans believe the harsh interrogation tactics detailed in last week's Senate Intelligence Committee's report on the Central Intelligence Agency's handling of prisoners after the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks were warranted, a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds.

The survey — conducted following the release of the committee's long-awaited report on the CIA's controversial techniques — found 51 percent of Americans approved of the tactics, while 28 percent said they went too far.

The results virtually match a Pew Research Center poll that also found 51 percent believe the CIA's methods were justified, while 29 percent said they were not. A Washington Post-ABC News poll released Tuesday found 59 percent approved of the CIA's tactics, while 31 percent disapproved. The same poll found roughly half of Americans believe the CIA treatment of suspected terrorists amounted to torture, while 38 percent said it did not.

Majority of Americans say CIA tactics detailed in Senate s torture report were justified - Yahoo News

If true it doesn't say much for the intelligence (and gullibility) of the unwashed. And even less about our collective values.

I notice how the far left press calls it the "torture" report, nope no far left bias in the media at all..

They call it a "Senate" report. While it did come out of the "Senate" it was a report done by the far left used now as a temper tantrum as they get voted out of power.

Then again many of these far left religious nuts were for "Due Process" before they were against it.

I notice how the far left press calls it the "torture" report, nope no far left bias in the media at all..

They call it a "Senate" report. While it did come out of the "Senate" it was a report done by the far left used now as a temper tantrum as they get voted out of power.

Then again many of these far left religious nuts were for "Due Process" before they were against it.

There was a big fuss specifically to remove the word "torture" from the report. Considering the overwhelming contents of the report are linked to torture calling it "torture report" in a subjective manner is not that off.

There was a big fuss specifically to remove the word "torture" from the report. Considering the overwhelming contents of the report are linked to torture calling it "torture report" in a subjective manner is not that off.
Considering it was judged not to be torture, referring to it as torture is bogus.

Considering it was judged not to be torture, referring to it as torture is bogus.

Then that makes the entire poll bogus.

Another thread put to bed. Good to see stuff get done now and then. :thup:

"Majority of Americans agree the use of Torture was justified Polls say"

And?

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy – a fact you and most others on the right fail to understand, where the citizens of this Republic are subject solely to the rule of law, not men, and certainly not 'polls.'

That you believe opinion polls 'justify' committing the crime of torture is further confirmation of the fact that most conservatives have nothing but contempt for the rule of law.

People aren't as dumb as you...the poll is still valid....nice try.

And?

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy – a fact you and most others on the right fail to understand, where the citizens of this Republic are subject solely to the rule of law, not men, and certainly not 'polls.'

That you believe opinion polls 'justify' committing the crime of torture is further confirmation of the fact that most conservatives have nothing but contempt for the rule of law.
The lawyers said it wasn't torture, GERTRUDE ....get over it!

And?

First of all it was not torture, the DOJ signed off on it and said it was NOT a violation of law. Furthermore no court with jurisdiction has said it was torture, so using your own past arguments, it was indeed NOT torture because no court has said so.

Whether you agree with the tactics used by the CIA on the detainees or not, a majority of Americans in three polls found that the those tactics used against detainees were justified.

A majority of Americans believe the harsh interrogation tactics detailed in last week's Senate Intelligence Committee's report on the Central Intelligence Agency's handling of prisoners after the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks were warranted, a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds.

The survey — conducted following the release of the committee's long-awaited report on the CIA's controversial techniques — found 51 percent of Americans approved of the tactics, while 28 percent said they went too far.

The results virtually match a Pew Research Center poll that also found 51 percent believe the CIA's methods were justified, while 29 percent said they were not. A Washington Post-ABC News poll released Tuesday found 59 percent approved of the CIA's tactics, while 31 percent disapproved. The same poll found roughly half of Americans believe the CIA treatment of suspected terrorists amounted to torture, while 38 percent said it did not.

Majority of Americans say CIA tactics detailed in Senate s torture report were justified - Yahoo News

51% kinda close on the "most" thing. i figure that's about the same percentage who would vote for segregation...

that's why we have laws. but i'd guess you'd have to be older, smarter and more moral to understand that.

51% kinda close on the "most" thing. i figure that's about the same percentage who would vote for segregation...

that's why we have laws. but i'd guess you'd have to be older, smarter and more moral to understand that.

Yes what were the poll numbers on those that wanted Obamacare?

These far left drones will never learn how irony impaired they are..

The old hag plays the racist card...who'd a thunk it?

It is hard for me to get too upset with the torture of terrorist ragheads.

Like there is almost no deflection on my "Giveashit O' Meter".

It is hard for me to get too upset with the torture of terrorist ragheads.

Like there is almost no deflection on my "Giveashit O' Meter".

You'd need ethics for that. Guess for some that costs extra.

People aren't as dumb as you...the poll is still valid....nice try.

Not if the poll doesn't call it 'torture' while the thread does it ain't.

If true it doesn't say much for the intelligence (and gullibility) of the unwashed. And even less about our collective values.
I guess we 'unwashed' didn't listen to you liberal elitists.

Playing the race card makes you look stupid.

Forum List

Back