Majority Of Americans Don't Know Thier History

Do you mean Edward R. Murrow?

No, he was a journalist for CBS. He was actually beloved by the Democratic Party, and even was asked by them to run for the Senate in New York. But he also hated Senator McCarthy, and frequently is the one most associated with the end of his investigations. And he went after the Senator personally because of the suicide of a friend of his. Laurence Duggan, who worked at the State Department, after being questioned by the FBI that he might be a Soviet spy. Based on an accusation by Whittaker Chambers.

Murrow was one of those that stated a great many times after his death that Duggan was no Soviet Spy, and all claims that he was one were complete lies.

However, both the release of Venona intercepts released in the 1990s and the KGB archives themselves later revealed that Laurence Duggan was in fact a KGB operative.

In fact, he was one of several people to kill themselves within a 5 year period. Most related to the Alger Hiss investigation, or revealed by Whittaker Chambers.

This was a interesting study on the arguments with him and MaCarthy ,you should watch it.
MaCarthy won. Murror told us Good Night and Good Luck" because he knew when him and his got through with this nation we were going to need all the luck we could get.

MaCarthy was also wrong in some of his claims too but he was right about communist in some places.
Many claimed they were sent here by the Royals who never got over losing America.Others blame the elites in Scandinavia,Davos I think it is where World Economic Forum is out of.

We can celebrate the great things our country has done while acknowledging those things where we acted inappropriately.
We used to dwell on the good things while acknowledging the bad

now libs have turned that around and thats bad for America

They say history is written by the victors. For that reason any accepted version of the past is to be held suspect.
Actually, the Losers also write their versions of history.
IIRC, it was a few decades after the end of WW2 before Japanese students were taught about the atrocities their nation committed during the 1930s and 1940s.

Also, real history often isn't learned until long after the fact.
Example: During the Battle of Britain, both sides tended to under state their own aircraft losses and over state those of their enemy. Only after the war and access to the ground crew records were the real numbers of aircraft destroyed, or repaired and returned to battle known. Of course, such actual numbers(history) often fell between the claims of the times.

Another example comes from the Pacific Theater~PTO. Reportedly, many a Japanese commander would understate their actual losses of aircraft and overstate the numbers of combat ready/capable in order not to "lose face" and garner wrath of higher command. Consequence was they seldom got the numbers of spare parts and replacement aircraft and aircrews they really needed.

Yeah, right. Whatever.

When you largely dismissed reality then delved into silly conspiracy theories I largely lost all interest in this thread.

Yeah, right. Whatever.

When you largely dismissed reality then delved into silly conspiracy theories I largely lost all interest in this thread.

Mush you can always correct me ya know. I like to know the facts as much as anyone, so please correct me when I'm wrong/.

We used to dwell on the good things while acknowledging the bad

now libs have turned that around and thats bad for America
Hardly true but I guess it make good RW propaganda

Our arms will be nothing compared to the weapons "we" supplied to NATO.
Our leaders already have NATO troops and special forces right here on our soil in case they need them for marshall law [ this use to be illegal to have foreign forces on American soil] .
Actually, when it comes to non-military firearms, those owned by citizens and gun stores, etc., the USA almost has more firearms than legal citizens.

It was Yomamoto who was rumored to say "war with America is a bad idea, there is a gun under every blade of grass' is this correct?
He never said anything like that
More revisionist history

And who told you that? History has been highjacked to meet agendas so who knows really.

Mostly, it makes no sense for Yamamoto to say something like that. Japan never had any intention of invading the US.
If Yamamoto were to say anything it would be about Japan lacking the Navy to support an invasion 5000 miles away

But then our history along with the worlds isn't taught in our schools of indoctrination.
The Spanish were the first to bring slaves sold to them by the Black African Slave Traders to the American Continent but don't tell those making a killing off the lies.
Portugal and Spain had the first slaves and used their ships to transport.
We were also one of the first nations to abolish slavery. Africa still has slaves used by their black masters. But don't tell anyone this inconvienent fact.
Only about one out of ten Blacks taken out of Africa and to the New World colonies came to the future USA.

Screen%20shot%202011-09-13%20at%208.39.57%20AM.png

iu

sl-trade.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, if one reads the USA Constitution, they will note that Article I. Section 9. prohibits importation of persons(slaves) after the year 1808.

While not "outlawing" slavery at the time, this did put a crimp in it's growth/expansion.

Just remember we were British for our fist 140 years.

We learned slavery from the British, learned how to kill the natives and take their land, how to treat the Irish poorly . . .

All while we were British.

Bad parenting is what it is.

While not "outlawing" slavery at the time, this did put a crimp in it's growth/expansion.

After 1808, we bred our own slaves
Over the next 50 years the slave population grew to 4 million

Just remember we were British for our fist 140 years.

We learned slavery from the British, learned how to kill the natives and take their land, how to treat the Irish poorly . . .

All while we were British.

Bad parenting is what it is.
That "Bad parenting" had a lot to do with the rebellion and War of Independence.
Also some Scots, Dutch, and a few French in that mix. Not just "British".
The "natives" had done a good job of killing and enslaving each other long before our "English" ancestors settled here.
Slavery has been a human institution ever since the first civilizations thousands of years ago. It still exists in many parts of the world, predominately within the Muslim nations.

imrs.php

iu

Mostly, it makes no sense for Yamamoto to say something like that. Japan never had any intention of invading the US.
If Yamamoto were to say anything it would be about Japan lacking the Navy to support an invasion 5000 miles away

They did bomb Pearl Harbor so whats the difference plus we lost over 200 ships I think it was in WW11. Maybe wrong about the number.

They did bomb Pearl Harbor so whats the difference plus we lost over 200 ships I think it was in WW11. Maybe wrong about the number.
Notice how they never attempted to invade Hawaii?
They could not sustain an invasion of Hawaii, how could they possibly invade Continental US?

Forum List

Back