Majority of Americans wrongly believe US is in recession – and most blame Biden

The economy sucks... its just like the stagnation inflation we lived under with Obama... same dumb policies and lack of good career jobs... I don't care what a poll says I unlike rich dems do my own shopping....

Our leaders may be dumb, our people are dumber. Forget about whether you think the economy is good or bad, Americans are ignorant of the basic economic indicators. The Harris Organization did a poll for the Guardian and discovered American are massively uninformed.

Democracy has a an inherent requirement for a populous to be informed. Otherwise it can’t work.

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
  • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
  • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.
  • 72% think the rate of inflation is increasing. In reality, the rate of inflation has fallen sharply from its post-Covid peak of 9.1% and has been fluctuating between 3% and 4% a year.

Lil late to the whinefest.

"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.

Now you know why Trump and his team lie about everything big and small
Trump even went as far as altering a weather map, which of course is a crime for which he was not charged.

The economy sucks... its just like the stagnation inflation we lived under with Obama... same dumb policies and lack of good career jobs... I don't care what a poll says I unlike rich dems do my own shopping....
Trump had the same economic growth as Obama.

Our leaders may be dumb, our people are dumber. Forget about whether you think the economy is good or bad, Americans are ignorant of the basic economic indicators. The Harris Organization did a poll for the Guardian and discovered American are massively uninformed.

Democracy has a an inherent requirement for a populous to be informed. Otherwise it can’t work.

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
  • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
  • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.
  • 72% think the rate of inflation is increasing. In reality, the rate of inflation has fallen sharply from its post-Covid peak of 9.1% and has been fluctuating between 3% and 4% a year.

Political party's working hard to show the situation as one sided.
Don't buy the BS. There is a lot more going on than the price of chicken.
Anyone even thinking about a better future selection of candidates,
No MATER what party they joined up with?

No they aren't. They're going by what they're being told by RIGHT WING MEDIA, all of which is privately owned by billionaires who profit from Republican tax cuts and Republican economic crashes.

People are going by what they're being told by Republicans because they've been told by right wing media for the past 40 years that the economy is better when Republicans are in power, which it most definitely is not - not by any measure. In fact, the opposite has been true since the 1930's.

"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.

Now you know why Trump and his team lie about everything big and small
hahaha…Look at these new-age leftists taking a firm stand for their elites. It seems like only yesterday the sick fucks were looking out for bottom feeding degenerates.
”Look broke ass dark people, faggots and mentally ill weirdos….Silicon Valley and our coastal purple hairs are kicking ass…I know you don’t know what GDP is and you think Dow Jones is a person but stop paying attention to how broke you are due the cost of fuel, groceries and rents, stop thinking about that house you’ll never be able to buy because of interest rates…DAMNIT, believe me when I tell you, despite your Top Ramen diet and cobwebs in your wallet you are kicking ass.”

The core inflation is the change in the costs of goods and services but does not include those from the food and energy sectors...
Add food and energy to the mix and inflation is much higher than the reported 3.4%.... and this is why people are saying the economy sucks and prices are too high....

Already a thread on this, using the exact same poll. Reported

That said, inflation IS STILL GOING UP, stop trying to play word games. The rate going down doesn't mean the prices aren't still going UP.

Sigh. The info was in the OP but you are underscoring the point that Americans are poorly suited to make informed decisions. Assuming you are American.
You got me there. Supposedly 81 million voted for creepy Joe, with dementia, primarily because of left propaganda.

So your poll says people are too stupid to recognize when prices are too high?... and they can't save any money anymore... good send that to the DNC and tell them to run with it...
No. Don’t change what I said. Address the challenge that 50% of Americans think the S&P is down and that unemployment is high when the opposite is true.

Forum List

Back