Majority of Union Soldiers did NOT Fight to end Slavery but to Preserve the Union

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
If former Union soldier's could be brought back to life and see the extreme leftist political climate in this nation today in 2020 and the revisionist history being taught in schools and universities, then you could propel them back in time to 1861 with this knowledge...how many would still have joined the Army to fight against the South? I say very few except that minority of abolitionist radicals from New England states.

My family is from eastern Tennessee. They first settled there in the late 1700s. Most where devote Christians. Many fought for the Union because they were abolitionists.

Few people know this, but eastern Tennessee was predominantly pro-Union.

One of my ancestors died fighting for the asshole murderer General Sherman outside Atlanta, at the ripe old age of 19. I have a picture of his headstone somewhere.

If former Union soldier's could be brought back to life and see the extreme leftist political climate in this nation today in 2020 and the revisionist history being taught in schools and universities, then you could propel them back in time to 1861 with this knowledge...how many would still have joined the Army to fight against the South? I say very few except that minority of abolitionist radicals from New England states.

Evidently so. Even the Union Army was racist...

"In general, the Union army was reluctant to use African-American troops in combat. This was partly due to racism: There were many Union officers who believed that black soldiers were not as skilled or as brave as white soldiers were. By this logic, they thought that African Americans were better suited for jobs as carpenters, cooks, guards, scouts and teamsters."

Black Civil War Soldiers

My family is from eastern Tennessee. They first settled there in the late 1700s. Most where devote Christians. Many fought for the Union because they were abolitionists.

One of my ancestors died fighting for the asshole murderer General Sherman outside Atlanta, at the ripe old age of 19. I have a picture of his headstone somewhere.
"... asshole murderer General Sherman." Did you know him personally? How do you know he was an asshole?

And "murderer?" Are you not aware there was a war going on? Are you not aware that he was following orders from General Grant?

If you think Sherman is a murderer, then they're ALL murderers, period. Every general in every war ever.

"In general, the Union army was reluctant to use African-American troops in combat. This was partly due to racism: There were many Union officers who believed that black soldiers were not as skilled or as brave as white soldiers were. By this logic, they thought that African Americans were better suited for jobs as carpenters, cooks, guards, scouts and teamsters."

Black Civil War Soldiers
Exactly.

General Sherman would be a war criminal by todays definition. Perhaps his statues should come down?

Black Civil War Soldiers
Exactly.

Personally, I think black people owe us reparations for causing a war that killed 620,000 Americans.

I do take Paypal.

If you were alive during the civil war; what side would you have fought on?
Side of Missouri volunteers fighting terrorist Union troops that were raping and pillaging the countryside.

What's your point except to ruffle feathers here ?
Then why tear down Confederate statues?
There's a general consensus not to have them displayed publicly anymore, so that's how democracy works. They shouldn't be destroyed, just put where they belong like in museums and Civil war reenactment venues or wherever.

Black Civil War Soldiers
That's why this revisionist history and agitators protesting law and order and wanting to tear down statues are all part of a communist movement to destroy the Union. Troops in the Union Army would not tolerate Antifa or BLM communist agitators.

General Sherman would be a war criminal by todays definition. Perhaps his statues should come down?

A pretty good read about the atrocities Union troops committed. I wasn't aware that it was so widespread and heinous.

Targeting Civilians - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Forum List

Back