Make a Sentence from the Last Word of the Previous Sentence

Light my Fire was the song that got The Doors banned forever from the Ed Sullivan SHOW.

The-Doors-Jim-Morrison-Ed-Sullivan-Light-My-Fire-9-17-67.jpg

The exact moment that Jim Morrison sang the word “higher” on The Ed Sullivan Show, September 17, 1967 (Photo: SOFA Entertainment; used with permission)
On September 17, 1967, The Doors defied Ed Sullivan and the CBS censors by refusing to change the word “higher” while performing their #1 hit, “Light My Fire,” on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Recalled Doors’ drummer John Densmore, “‘You will never do this show again,’ Ed fumed after we’d directly disobeyed his censorship requirements. Jim turned to him and remarked, ‘Hey, that’s okay—we just did The Ed Sullivan Show.’”

Doors’ guitarist Robby Krieger’s reaction was, “We thought they were joking. Who were they kidding? Wanting us to change the lyrics on the number one song in America? We decided to just do the song as-is and maybe they would forget all about it. What could they do? After all, it was live television! So, yeah, we never played The Ed Sullivan Show again. But we didn’t care.”
When The Doors Defied Ed Sullivan - Best Classic Bands

Forum List

Back