Makers of Netflix Movie about Black Cleopatra Don’t Know Sh*t About History

I will not be surprised if there is a new movie about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table in which Sir Lancelot is black.

Then I did a little research.

View attachment 778654

Plus I discovered not all the Knights of the Round Table were white.

As for Cleopatra I think it’s fair to say she was Arab looking. And Jesus looked like a Palestinian.

But it is a breath of fresh air to see historical figure shown on TV whether there are depicted by white people or Black people. At least they’re not being canceled because it is truly monstrous when somebody like Christopher Columbus is canceled.

I don’t want there to be any misunderstandings I vote for Donald Trump or I will vote for Ron DeSantis I am on the same side as the conservatives in this thread even though I am a Democrat. If Robert F Kennedy Junior gets a nomination I might vote for him. So that’s why there’s no misunderstandings here and we can have disagreements unlike the people on the far left who will cancel those that they deemed to be racist because the far left is crazy.

Well here’s the thing brother it all depends on how these things are portrayed. I think it’s a wonderful thing to have somebody who is black playing a historical figure like for example there was a black woman who portrayed Joan of arc in France. I’ll check this out hear me out here please look at how many statues of the great men and women of history have been destroyed. Look at how so many great men and women have been canceled. Now when I see a black person showing respect and portraying Joan of arc as a Catholic I think that’s absolutely beautiful

If you look up the portrait of a black nobleman this will show you a black Catholic from the middle ages who is portrayed in paintings all over Christian Europe because during the middle ages racism did not exist it was created around the 18th or 19th century by anti-Christian scientific racists hell-bent on tearing us apart.

So I do not support cancel culture. And I abhor the destruction of statues of Christopher Columbus as an Italian American.

There were recorded tales of a black knight sitting at king Arthur’s round table. Think about it it makes total sense John the Baptist traveled to Africa. Ethiopia was one of the sites of the earliest Christians during the time of Jesus the earliest Christians travel to Ethiopia. It only makes sense than that there would be Black people at king Arthur’s round table this serves as a huge Piece of combat against the Black Lives Matter racists which claim that African history is filled with victims. You see this serves as a massive counter to the anti-Christians of history and those who distort history those who believe in cancel culture those who say that white Christian European history was all about discrimination when it was actually all about love, glory and greatness.

Here is a portrait of a black nobleman

1682211322754.jpeg

The Catholic Saint Maurice said to be a black man who headed a Roman legion

As an American of Italian background I am so proud of the fact that the Roman empire included Arabs, Europeans and Africans reaching the highest positions of power. This serves as a huge counter to those that denigrate Christian European history or Roman history. What more ammunition could we ask for than this

1682211392257.jpeg

In popular culture ,

And by the way Robin Hood was a real historical figure. He was a servant of the glorious and valiant Richard the Lionheart. We don’t see films like this anymore we don’t see motivational films like this anymore this is a huge victory this film Robin Hood Prince of thieves is a massive victory.

It is true Richard the Lionheart respected Muslims….even though he fought them he respected them… and it therefore is possible that his loyal companion Robin Hood had a black Muslim assistant. It’s nothing at all to do with the far left my friends this is about dignity and honor.

Last edited:
As for Cleopatra I think it’s fair to say she was Arab looking. And Jesus looked like a Palestinian.

But it is a breath of fresh air to see historical figure shown on TV whether there are depicted by white people or Black people. At least they’re not being canceled because it is truly monstrous when somebody like Christopher Columbus is canceled.

I don’t want there to be any misunderstandings I vote for Donald Trump or I will vote for Ron DeSantis I am on the same side as the conservatives in this thread even though I am a Democrat. If Robert F Kennedy Junior gets a nomination I might vote for him. So that’s why there’s no misunderstandings here and we can have disagreements unlike the people on the far left who will cancel those that they deemed to be racist because the far left is crazy.

Well here’s the thing brother it all depends on how these things are portrayed. I think it’s a wonderful thing to have somebody who is black playing a historical figure like for example there was a black woman who portrayed Joan of arc in France. I’ll check this out hear me out here please look at how many statues of the great men and women of history have been destroyed. Look at how so many great men and women have been canceled. Now when I see a black person showing respect and portraying Joan of arc as a Catholic I think that’s absolutely beautiful

If you look up the portrait of a black nobleman this will show you a black Catholic from the middle ages who is portrayed in paintings all over Christian Europe because during the middle ages racism did not exist it was created around the 18th or 19th century by anti-Christian scientific racists hell-bent on tearing us apart.

So I do not support cancel culture. And I abhor the destruction of statues of Christopher Columbus as an Italian American.

There were recorded tales of a black knight sitting at king Arthur’s round table. Think about it it makes total sense John the Baptist traveled to Africa. Ethiopia was one of the sites of the earliest Christians during the time of Jesus the earliest Christians travel to Ethiopia. It only makes sense than that there would be Black people at king Arthur’s round table this serves as a huge Piece of combat against the Black Lives Matter racists which claim that African history is filled with victims. You see this serves as a massive counter to the anti-Christians of history and those who distort history those who believe in cancel culture those who say that white Christian European history was all about discrimination when it was actually all about love, glory and greatness.

View attachment 778714

As an American of Italian background I am so proud of the fact that the Roman empire included Arabs, Europeans and Africans reaching the highest positions of power. This serves as a huge counter to those that denigrate Christian European history or Roman history. What more ammunition could we ask for than this

View attachment 778715

In popular culture ,

And by the way Robin Hood was a real historical figure. He was a servant of the glorious and valiant Richard the Lionheart. We don’t see films like this anymore we don’t see motivational films like this anymore this is a huge victory this film Robin Hood Prince of thieves is a massive victory.

It is true Richard the Lionheart respected Muslims….even though he fought them he respected them… and it therefore is possible that his loyal companion Robin Hood had a black Muslim assistant. It’s nothing at all to do with the far left my friends this is about dignity and honor.

Cleopatra was Greek. A descendant of one of Alexander the Great's generals.

View attachment 778714

View attachment 778715

In popular culture ,

I too am not fond of cancel0 culture. Black woman who straighten their hair are culturally appropriating. To me they often look better.

For a long period of time we were talking about cultural appropriation and how bad it was. I don’t totally agree with that argument Black woman who straighten their hair are culturally appropriating. To me they often look better.

But it is fun to call having black people play the role of characters who were known to be white or brown — a form of cultural appropriation.

I studied quite a bit of Egyptian history. The royals and nobility were mostly awake at night. The homes of the wealthy had extensive gardens including the roofs of their homes. And most of the nobility shaved their heads and wore thick black wigs. That's the hair style we most associate with Egyptians.

The Egyptians left a comprehensive pictorial record. We know exactly what color they were because there are thousands of pictures by Egyptian artists. They were white until the end of the Egyptian civilization when the Kush sat upon the Egyptian throne as Pharoah.
Interesting. I am also mostly awake at night. I usually go to sleep when the sun comes up.

I too am not fond of cancel0 culture. Black woman who straighten their hair are culturally appropriating. To me they often look better.

For a long period of time we were talking about cultural appropriation and how bad it was. I don’t totally agree with that argument Black woman who straighten their hair are culturally appropriating. To me they often look better.

But it is fun to call having black people play the role of characters who were known to be white or brown — a form of cultural appropriation.
I kinda fancy a white MLK flick.

Of course this is all fine and dandy....

Until, say, the depict George Carver Washington, MLK, and Ella Fitzgerald as anything BUT black.

There are so many historically inaccurate shows. Emily wasn't really in Paris. There wasn't an ancient apocalypse. Leonardo didn't die on the Titanic. William Wallace didn't knock up the English Princess. And ancient aliens didn't make the pyramids.

Why does this particular show trigger you guys so badly?

There are so many historically inaccurate shows. Emily wasn't really in Paris. There wasn't an ancient apocalypse. Leonardo didn't die on the Titanic. William Wallace didn't knock up the English Princess. And ancient aliens didn't make the pyramids.

Why does this particular show trigger you guys so badly?

I'm not "triggered". I care very, very little. But Cleopatra was an historical figure and she was not black. And you cannot refute that everyone would cry down the moon if MLK or Ella Fitzgerald was portrayed as white.

I'm not "triggered". I care very, very little. But Cleopatra was an historical figure and she was not black. And you cannot refute that everyone would cry down the moon if MLK or Ella Fitzgerald was portrayed as white.

We're on page 6 of this thread. Clearly y'all care quite a bit.

My question is is.....why? Gladiator with Russel Crowe took ludicrous liberties with historical accuracy. Braveheart barely managed to get the name of the main character right. "Ancient Apocalypse' couldn't go 10 minutes before falling apart. There are bizarro shows about Easter Island, Stonehenge, and enough speculation or historical fiction about ancient rome to start a channel.

So?

But on this one issue, y'all lose your shit. What's got y'all triggered?

Forum List

Back