Man arrested for front yard sign - “N----- lives don’t matter. Got rope?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupidity is no excuse. He broke the law you idiot.

A law which clearly violates freedom of speech. Would you support the prosecution of someone who had a sign saying "hang all white people".? THINK, you miserable america-hating racist wretch!!!

A law which clearly violates freedom of speech. Would you support the prosecution of someone who had a sign saying "hang all white people".? THINK, you miserable america-hating racist wretch!!!
It wasnt the sign stupid. It was the noose. :laugh:
Where do you live that rope is illegal? :dunno:
The rope nor the sign are illegal. Using them to intimidate the man's neighbor is how he got convicted and arrested. There is no evidence that a person in that state that randomly displays the same combination of sign and or rope would be arrested. It was the purposeful targeting of a specific person, his neighbor, that brought him his legal problems. Many states have terroristic threat laws that disallow certain kinds of speech.

we need to get rid of all these people who thinks they can arrest people for their FREEDOMS of speech. wake up folks this sliding into a slippery slope and will continue if you DON'T SPEEK OUT

Who said I do?
dunno.gif

we need to get rid of all these people who thinks they can arrest people for their FREEDOMS of speech. wake up folks this sliding into a slippery slope and will continue if you DON'T SPEEK OUT
So when are you going to start rounding up american citizens and getting rid of them? I really hope one of your crew comes to my house to get me.

So when are you going to start rounding up american citizens and getting rid of them? I really hope one of your crew comes to my house to get me.

and you'll load up in the truck just like you're told to, negro
Not before I die taking down cave chimps that are braver than you.

You should be locked up and forced to take 3rd grade English. Well, that's what those Obama re-education camps are for! NOW SPEEK, Dingbat! :D

Last edited:
Would he be arrested if his sign said "Honky Lives Don't Matter".?

Rocky Mount man guilty of hanging a noose is jailed over new yard sign

dec 2 2015 The Rocky Mount man who was convicted of hanging a noose in his front yard — and who is due to be sentenced for that crime next week — is back in jail, accused of making another provocative public display.

At his trial in September, Jack Eugene Turner, 52, was found guilty of a Class 6 felony. He was allowed to remain free on bond, but one of the conditions of his release was that he not post any further symbols or messages in his yard on Lindsey Lane.

On Tuesday, police said Turner was arrested for a second time after he put up a sign in front of his home that read “N----- lives don’t matter. Got rope?”

What is good about this type thing is, the other white racist chimps see this one getting punished for his actions and they are far less likely to let their racism out of their heads. And after a few years they die and take it with them.

. It was the purposeful targeting of a specific person, his neighbor, that brought him his legal problems. Many states have terroristic threat laws that disallow certain kinds of speech.

HUH? Where did the sign mention a specific person??

I'm pretty much an absolutist on free speech. I think libel and slander laws should be repealed and i even think people should be allowed to yell fire in a crowded theatre. As it is we are always making exceptions to our supposed belief in free speech.

I found a picture of shootspeeders.

By the way, terroristic speech does not have to be limited to a particular individual.

10687061_866607440059226_6773859803990294354_n.jpg

. It was the purposeful targeting of a specific person, his neighbor, that brought him his legal problems. Many states have terroristic threat laws that disallow certain kinds of speech.

The article from the OP states that witnesses testified at his first trial that the display was erected in response to a dispute with his neighbor, who is black. The jury was convinced the sign and rope were meant to address the neighbor.

The article from the OP states that witnesses testified at his first trial that the display was erected in response to a dispute with his neighbor, who is black. The jury was convinced the sign and rope were meant to address the neighbor.

how do they know it was "in response to" ANything?...who gets to determine intent or motive?
absolute bs...

how do they know it was "in response to" ANything?...who gets to determine intent or motive?
absolute bs...
The people that found him guilty are the ones that get to determine that. Follow along you cave chimp.

Who said I do?
dunno.gif
You dope brah! You can ignore the exactly last post that you made. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back