Man Dies After Live-Streaming Self-Immolation Outside of Ex’s Bar

Yet another instance of you not doing your job.

This has NOTHING to do with politics yet here you are posting rather than moving the thread.

IT'S IN THE CURRENT EVENTS SECTION.
It is NOW lol

It was long before you posted that last message because that retard had a knipshit earlier.
English please

It had already been moved long before you posted that last message due to the fucking retard that had a knipshit earlier.

Every comment you've made illustrates you haven't a CLUE about mental health issues or the ability to get society to have an open debate about mental health issues.

EVERY comment you have made has been a purely political comment, including a favourite of the Left bringing up Gun Control.

You are a partisan hack who doesn't know a thing about the complex issues involving either mental health or the unfortunate souls in this world who suffer very often in silence.

With the political system as it is, with two parties controlling everything, with a few very rich people pumping money into the political system, with people being told what to think, mental illness ends up being brushed aside, or even worse, used for negative policies, as I explain before with the level of prisoners in the US at such a high level and about 50% of those people having mental illness, compared to the 25% rate of mental illness among the general population.

If you want to solve the problem of mental illness in the US, there is only one way. That way is to change the way people vote.

This is my opinion, you don't like it, you think it's off topic, you want to ignore, whatever, I don't care. This is my view on this issue.
Interesting thought.

My own view on this is simply out of Adam Smith's 1775 book, "Wealth Of Nations".

The issue is guns or butter.

The USA is simply wasting all its money on warfare and related expenditures and give-away's.

If there were more tax money available then it would be easy to allocate some to the sick-o's, as it were.

But as it is, this is not even possible so no sense in crying about it now.

Jared McLemore's Facebook Live video starts with him sitting cross legged in the parking lot outside Murphy's bar in Memphis, Tennessee. McLemore gets up after shortly leaving the frame and then returns to once again sit cross legged on the ground. He lifts a red jerry can and starts pouring a liquid—kerosene—on himself. The kerosene splashes around him as he shimmies over slightly.

A man, realizing what McLemore was about to do, flies into the frame in an attempt to kick the lighter out of his hand. His efforts are to no avail, the lighter goes off and the video becomes filled with flames and the screams of onlookers. McLemore, screaming, gets up and runs out of the frame. On camera, the flames from the excess kerosene continue to burn.

McLemore, 33, would die later that night from his burns.

While burning, McLemore allegedly ran into Murphy's where his ex Alyssa Moore, an audio engineer, was running the soundboard. According to WREG, McLemore had reportedly strangled Moore last year and twice threatened to kill her. McLemore was sentenced to probation for domestic assault and ordered to do mental health therapy—Moore also obtained a restraining order against him. On social media, McLemore stated he suffered from bipolar disorder.

I hope they keep the live streaming up because it's the only way folks are going to really see the mental health issue.

But then people will dismiss mental health issues and just demand that such people end up in prison where they rot and then get released, then use this as an example of why you shouldn't be releasing prisoners.

They are dismissing them anyway. At this point, what do we really have to lose?

I'm not really sure what your point is here.

Yes, the right will dismiss mental health issues and use them for their own political advantage. How do you change this? Well, it's hard.

The problem isn't just mental health issues, the problem is the system. Until the system changes, nothing else will change. Until there is one person, one vote, then the main two parties stay in charge and continue their partisan bullshit approach to politics.

That's why I support Proportional Representation, it's a change for real politics to come through, for those who are interested in making the country a better place to be able to get into politics and stand in a party that isn't out for its own interests.

This has nothing to do with politics you partisan hack.

I'm on the Right and I would never and have never and will never dismiss the important issue of mental health and I have never advocated putting those with mental health issues in prison.

So take your partisan hack buttocks elsewhere.

Ah, throwing insults in place of an argument. Well done... I'm sure the Austrian govt is proud to have spent so much money on your education to produce something that doesn't even come up with an argument.

Perhaps you could try again without the insults.
Who came at you? Lucy Hamilton ?

I iggy'ed her long ago.

She is an ad hom queenie.

Jared McLemore's Facebook Live video starts with him sitting cross legged in the parking lot outside Murphy's bar in Memphis, Tennessee. McLemore gets up after shortly leaving the frame and then returns to once again sit cross legged on the ground. He lifts a red jerry can and starts pouring a liquid—kerosene—on himself. The kerosene splashes around him as he shimmies over slightly.

A man, realizing what McLemore was about to do, flies into the frame in an attempt to kick the lighter out of his hand. His efforts are to no avail, the lighter goes off and the video becomes filled with flames and the screams of onlookers. McLemore, screaming, gets up and runs out of the frame. On camera, the flames from the excess kerosene continue to burn.

While burning, McLemore allegedly ran into Murphy's where his ex Alyssa Moore, an audio engineer, was running the soundboard. According to WREG, McLemore had reportedly strangled Moore last year and twice threatened to kill her. McLemore was sentenced to probation for domestic assault and ordered to do mental health therapy—Moore also obtained a restraining order against him. On social media, McLemore stated he suffered from bipolar disorder.

I hope they keep the live streaming up because it's the only way folks are going to really see the mental health issue.

But then people will dismiss mental health issues and just demand that such people end up in prison where they rot and then get released, then use this as an example of why you shouldn't be releasing prisoners.

Yes, the right will dismiss mental health issues and use them for their own political advantage. How do you change this? Well, it's hard.

The problem isn't just mental health issues, the problem is the system. Until the system changes, nothing else will change. Until there is one person, one vote, then the main two parties stay in charge and continue their partisan bullshit approach to politics.

That's why I support Proportional Representation, it's a change for real politics to come through, for those who are interested in making the country a better place to be able to get into politics and stand in a party that isn't out for its own interests.

I'm on the Right and I would never and have never and will never dismiss the important issue of mental health and I have never advocated putting those with mental health issues in prison.

Ah, throwing insults in place of an argument. Well done... I'm sure the Austrian govt is proud to have spent so much money on your education to produce something that doesn't even come up with an argument.

Go away, I'm more educated than you or the OP.

I've made an instructive post further up the thread that illustrates I know more about the topic of mental health issues than you or your fellow partisan hack who started the OP.

Take your partisan political hack buttocks elsewhere, you don't give a crap about mental health issues or how society can better understand mental health issues.

I iggy'ed her long ago.

FrigidWeirdo who thinks they know everything about everything, yet when they post illustrate they know nothing about nothing.

With the political system as it is, with two parties controlling everything, with a few very rich people pumping money into the political system, with people being told what to think, mental illness ends up being brushed aside, or even worse, used for negative policies, as I explain before with the level of prisoners in the US at such a high level and about 50% of those people having mental illness, compared to the 25% rate of mental illness among the general population.

If you want to solve the problem of mental illness in the US, there is only one way. That way is to change the way people vote.

This is my opinion, you don't like it, you think it's off topic, you want to ignore, whatever, I don't care. This is my view on this issue.
Interesting thought.

My own view on this is simply out of Adam Smith's 1775 book, "Wealth Of Nations".

The USA is simply wasting all its money on warfare and related expenditures and give-away's.

If there were more tax money available then it would be easy to allocate some to the sick-o's, as it were.

Well yes, but also the solution to some things isn't always throwing more money at them, you also have to restructure the debate or in this case the topic of getting a better understanding of mental health issues open a debate within society.

In particular those with suicidal tendency are very often the most lonely people in the world, who feel they cannot tell people about their suffering, either because they think they'll be told to pull themselves together and/or snap out of it and/or that people will think they just want attention.

Beginning right there we need to change and restructure that situation, but to do so we need to educate people that these people have a serious illness and are also afraid of whats going on in their own minds....and they need someone to begin by just reaching out to them and giving them some of their time and not talking to them but just letting them talk and you listen and all of that costs no money, just a little bit of time.

Can you vote away mental illness?

This crazy man tried to strangle his ex girlfriend. His killing himself wasn't a bad thing. Better him instead of an innocent person.

No, you can't vote away mental illness.

However you can make mental illness less of a problem for those that have mental illnesses.

About 2.3 million people in the US are in US prisons.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/mhppji.pdf

"At midyear 2005 more than half of all prison and jail inmates had a mental health problem,"

So that means around 1.15 million people in the US are in prison with mental health problems.

"These estimates represented 56% of State prisoners, 45% of Federal prisoners, and 64% of jail inmates."

Now, take the number of people who have been in prison and struggle to get jobs when they get out, because of their conviction, and you'll see that having a mental illness in the US isn't that easy. This is 1 in 320 people who are locked up in prison with a mental illness. Take the number of people with a mental illness at about 1/4 of the population then this is about 1 in 81 people with mental illness who are in prison. The number who have been through the prison system and come out the other side but struggling because society has branded them is going to increase the number.

Project MUSE - Homelessness and Housing Insecurity Among Former Prisoners

"Beyond the confluence of these two trends, there are strong reasons to expect a connection between incarceration and homelessness."

"They show high rates of shelter use (Metraux and Culhane 2004) and residential insecurity (Geller and Curtis 2011), as well as an elevated risk of recidivism for returning prisoners who do not receive housing and wraparound services upon their release (Lutze et al. 2013)."

"A staggering 700,000 prisoners are released from federal and state prisons each year "

Now, the US has a high prisoner population compared to other countries.

The US has an incarceration rate of 693 per 100,000 people. This means that 346.5 per 100,000 are prisoners with mental health problems.

England and Wales has an incarceration rate of 146 per 100,000 people. This means that 73 per 100,000 are prisoners with mental health problems. So, in the US if you have mental illness you're FIVE TIMES more likely to be in prison.

The US spends $74 billion on its prison systems. Imagine if they transferred some of this money away from prisons and spent it on mental health, then you'd have more productive members of society, rather than people rotting away in prisons.

Another point would be that different states have different levels of prisoner populations

400px-US_Adult_Incarceration_Rate_by_State.svg.png

So, people with mental health issues in Louisiana are basically going to have a hard time, but in placed like Maine and Minnesota, they're going to have an easier time. It's not that mental health goes away, it's that it's less likely to turn into a problem.

Mac-2charts.png

So, is it a surprise that Louisiana is $75 or less? Is it a surprise that Main is $161 or more?

mentalhealth_clip_image004.gif

Places which spend less on mental health will probably end up spending more on their prison system.

I iggy'ed her long ago.

FrigidWeirdo who thinks they know everything about everything, yet when they post illustrate they know nothing about nothing.

This is a typical attack. Why don't you try sticking to arguments instead of going around trying to bully people?

Interesting thought.

The problem is, the right see giving money to mental health as a "give-away".

IT'S IN THE CURRENT EVENTS SECTION.
It is NOW lol

It was long before you posted that last message because that retard had a knipshit earlier.
English please

It had already been moved long before you posted that last message due to the fucking retard that had a knipshit earlier.

Every comment you've made illustrates you haven't a CLUE about mental health issues or the ability to get society to have an open debate about mental health issues.

EVERY comment you have made has been a purely political comment, including a favourite of the Left bringing up Gun Control.

You are a partisan hack who doesn't know a thing about the complex issues involving either mental health or the unfortunate souls in this world who suffer very often in silence.

Great post.

It's basically "You know nothing about this, [insert insult]"

So, if you know so fucking much about this, why does every post you write on this issue end up being an attack on the person, and not talking about the issues?

I iggy'ed her long ago.

This is a typical attack. Why don't you try sticking to arguments instead of going around trying to bully people?

Take it up with Disir who's been calling numerous people names who disagreed with the sentiments it expressed in it's OP, I refer to Disir as it as I don't know if they are male or female.

It is NOW lol

English please

Great post.

So, if you know so fucking much about this, why does every post you write on this issue end up being an attack on the person, and not talking about the issues?

I have read every single post Disir has made in this thread and not one post illustrates that they know anything about either the causes of mental health or how to combat mental health issues or how to draw attention to the issue of mental health in general.

I have though read a lot of political stuff and as I said that old favourite the Gun Control issue.

The Gun Control issue is especially absurd in this thread, as the man in the OP set himself on fire and also there are a variety of ways you can commit suicide from hanging yourself to slitting your throat to throwing yourself off a tall building to jumping off a bridge and none of those methods involve the use of a gun.

The Gun Control issue is a purely partisan political point reserved only for the Leftists.

I iggy'ed her long ago.

Take it up with Disir who's been calling numerous people names who disagreed with the sentiments it expressed in it's OP, I refer to Disir as it as I don't know if they are male or female.

No, I'll take it up with you.

I don't seem to remember Disir coming into our conversation, you remember the one where you started screaming at me that I was a partisan hack. Neither do I remember Disir coming into this when you started attacking me to another poster.

Don't try and run away from the fact that you haven't said anything of worth on this topic yet, only insults. Now you're trying to blame other people because you're attacking other people and ignoring the issues.

If someone else calls you names, that has nothing to do with me.

Also, who gives a fuck whether Disir is male or female? It has no bearing on their argument whatsoever.

English please

Great post.

I have read every single post Disir has made in this thread and not one post illustrates that they know anything about either the causes of mental health or how to combat mental health issues or how to draw attention to the issue of mental health in general.

I have though read a lot of political stuff and as I said that old favourite the Gun Control issue.

The Gun Control issue is especially absurd in this thread, as the man in the OP set himself on fire and also there are a variety of ways you can commit suicide from hanging yourself to slitting your throat to throwing yourself off a tall building to jumping off a bridge and none of those methods involve the use of a gun.

The Gun Control issue is a purely partisan political point reserved only for the Leftists.

So this explains why you attacked me then with exactly the same attack as you attacked Disir with?

Or hey, how about this, stop attacking people and stick to the topic. Whether you think he knows nothing about the topic or not is neither here nor there.

It is NOW lol

English please

Great post.

I am also perfectly capable of discussing this important issue of mental health and suicide with anyone, however when I'm dealing with someone who says that everyone needs to be shown film of people burning themselves alive so people can have their attention drawn to the mental health issue and then says this is basically all a political issue....well I know I'm dealing with a special sort of stupid there and as such it's not a great possibility to have a rational, sensible or constructive discussion with such a person.

You of course in your first post said that people on the Right don't care about mental health and want everyone thrown into prison, an equally absurd set of comments with not a lot of basis in reality, again just a partisan political point.

If you don't like being called on this, you should think of growing a thicker skin.

I believe people have every right to put an end to their lives if they want to.

English please

Great post.

So this explains why you attacked me then with exactly the same attack as you attacked Disir with?

Or hey, how about this, stop attacking people and stick to the topic. Whether you think he knows nothing about the topic or not is neither here nor there.

I have made numerous posts in this thread about the topic of mental health and suicide.

You must have reading comprehension problems or need new contact lenses if you've missed my numerous posts.

English please

Great post.

I am also perfectly capable of discussing this important issue of mental health and suicide with anyone, however when I'm dealing with someone who says that everyone needs to be shown film of people burning themselves alive so people can have their attention drawn to the mental health issue and then says this is basically all a political issue....well I know I'm dealing with a special sort of stupid there and as such it's not a great possibility to have a rational, sensible or constructive discussion with such a person.

You of course in your first post said that people on the Right don't care about mental health and want everyone thrown into prison, an equally absurd set of comments with not a lot of basis in reality, again just a partisan political point.

If you don't like being called on this, you should think of growing a thicker skin.

And what about me?

I made a post about how changing the electoral system could have a benefit for mental health.

Your response was "you partisan hack."

Uh huh. This is you being "perfectly capable of discussing the important issue of mental health" is it? By simply dismissing everything you read within 1 minute of reading it without having any clue about what is being spoken about?

Perhaps the OP has a point. Well they've made their point and you can either not discuss it, or you can discuss it. Instead you just attacked. Again. For apparently no reason other than you don't have an argument other than attacking.

You might not have advocated putting those with mental health issues in prison, then again you're not American. A country with one of the highest per capita rates of incarceration and with a 50% rate of prisoners having mental health problems. A country where the Republican states are far more likely to lock people up with mental illness, and far less likely to spend money on dealing with mental illness.

I believe people have every right to put an end to their lives if they want to.

I agree with you, we each have a human right to self-determination, it's your life you have a right to end it.

However I also think that as a society we are allowed to reach out to those who are suffering and show them that there are alternatives, that there is help and medication and to gently remind them that suicide is a permanent solution to often a temporary problem.

Great post.

I have made numerous posts in this thread about the topic of mental health and suicide.

You must have reading comprehension problems or need new contact lenses if you've missed my numerous posts.

Yes, maybe I have a reading comprehension problem.

you partisan hack.

You people are sick and deranged yourselves.

the partisan hacks in this thread like the sicko who posted the OP.

you are a sick degenerate, now go and watch your Snuff Films freak.

Yes, maybe when I read these insults, I should actually have read "Oh, I disagree with you, but you are a wonderful person", oh, how bad is my reading?

Forum List

Back