Man forces daughter to marry her rapist

If kids are not prepared for intimate "Adult" relationships, then why the ever increasing acceptance of intimate "adult" relationships between "kids"?

Because it is known that children are going to experiment with sex because of curiosity and because of exposure to more sexually explicit material than in the past.

We know that children are going to experiment with alcohol but that doesn't stop us from arresting teenagers for underage drinking.

Just come out and say your piece. Are you hinting that you think it's okay for grownups to "sex up" teens?

Actually, I think that society has failed to deal with the increasing divergence between when a person is financially ready to be an independent "Adult" in society (due to increased education requirements) and the DECREASING age of PHYSICAL sexual maturity.

This discrepancy, imo, is a big contributor to many issues, such as single motherhood and juvenile delinquency.

My tentative "solution", as time point in time, is that we should accelerate education so that we can start bringing those two different forms of adulthood more inline.

I think that technology, in the form of online self paced education might be a big part of that.

If older teen males were not still being forced to act like "School children" then the older adult males would not have anything more to offer teen girls looking for more adult roles to take.

Most teen mothers end up being a single mothers because they are TOO young to make a commitment. Most teen girls are actually interested in the boys their own ages. The ONLY reason why they are interested in a man is because of what he can give them, because he may have a car, a job and money.

I could actually make an argument that society as a whole was better when younger women were married off to older men. Now in most cases , at least in THIS country,, by younger women we are talking 17,18,19 years old , being married off to men in their 30s. And certainly in THOSE times women were expected to remain chaste until marriage and any man who took a woman's virginity outside of marriage was considered to be true scum regardless of the woman's age.

Every guy I've ever known who was "interested" in teenagers was a dirtbag. No kidding.

That is likely a result of society's strong taboo on the subject, not that only "dirt bags" find physically mature teenagers "interesting".

I'm sure you've known teenage girls that could pass for women in their twenties.

They can find them as "interesting" as they want. It's the actions that matter. I've been guilty of drooling over photos of 19 yr olds on the Internet. That's not really what we're talking about here.

Well, there is a pretty big difference between a 16-year-old girl and a 19-year-old girl. They mature a LOT between those ages. That is why I say AOC should be 18 across the board.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. Where were the parents when this girl was out getting drunk with 28 year old men to begin with?

That's probably why she fell victim to an older guy like that. Poor parenting. I think that is the case with MOST teen mothers too. They didn't have good role models in their lives, they felt insecure about being loved and are searching for someone to love them, they were abused (either physically or sexually), maybe they suffer from a mental illness, any number of things. Girls who are truly secure would not be out getting drunk and having sex.

Because it is known that children are going to experiment with sex because of curiosity and because of exposure to more sexually explicit material than in the past.

We know that children are going to experiment with alcohol but that doesn't stop us from arresting teenagers for underage drinking.

Just come out and say your piece. Are you hinting that you think it's okay for grownups to "sex up" teens?

Actually, I think that society has failed to deal with the increasing divergence between when a person is financially ready to be an independent "Adult" in society (due to increased education requirements) and the DECREASING age of PHYSICAL sexual maturity.

This discrepancy, imo, is a big contributor to many issues, such as single motherhood and juvenile delinquency.

My tentative "solution", as time point in time, is that we should accelerate education so that we can start bringing those two different forms of adulthood more inline.

I think that technology, in the form of online self paced education might be a big part of that.

If older teen males were not still being forced to act like "School children" then the older adult males would not have anything more to offer teen girls looking for more adult roles to take.

Most teen mothers end up being a single mothers because they are TOO young to make a commitment. Most teen girls are actually interested in the boys their own ages. The ONLY reason why they are interested in a man is because of what he can give them, because he may have a car, a job and money.

I could actually make an argument that society as a whole was better when younger women were married off to older men. Now in most cases , at least in THIS country,, by younger women we are talking 17,18,19 years old , being married off to men in their 30s. And certainly in THOSE times women were expected to remain chaste until marriage and any man who took a woman's virginity outside of marriage was considered to be true scum regardless of the woman's age.

God, when I was 16 and 17, I thought 30 year old men were OLD and ugly. :D

Every guy I've ever known who was "interested" in teenagers was a dirtbag. No kidding.

That is likely a result of society's strong taboo on the subject, not that only "dirt bags" find physically mature teenagers "interesting".

I'm sure you've known teenage girls that could pass for women in their twenties.

They can find them as "interesting" as they want. It's the actions that matter. I've been guilty of drooling over photos of 19 yr olds on the Internet. That's not really what we're talking about here.

Well, there is a pretty big difference between a 16-year-old girl and a 19-year-old girl. They mature a LOT between those ages. That is why I say AOC should be 18 across the board.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. Where were the parents when this girl was out getting drunk with 28 year old men to begin with?

That's probably why she fell victim to an older guy like that. Poor parenting. I think that is the case with MOST teen mothers too. They didn't have good role models in their lives, they felt insecure about being loved and are searching for someone to love them, they were abused (either physically or sexually), maybe they suffer from a mental illness, any number of things. Girls who are truly secure would not be out getting drunk and having sex.

I believe the term is "daddy issues"

I believe the term is "daddy issues"

Could be mommy issues too. Could be a number of things.

Well in that era, women were prized for their looks and their virginity, men for their ability to financially provide . And there is no doubt that families were more stable back then. The issue is were people actually happy?

When you grow up feeling like you are not loved, you will seek out love, and THAT is how a lot of teenage girls fall victim to older predatory men. These men, in most cases, do not love these poor girls, but they will definitely trick them into believing that they do, and that is much easier to do with a troubled teen girl than it is with an adult woman.

When you grow up feeling like you are not loved, you will seek out love, and THAT is how a lot of teenage girls fall victim to older predatory men. These men, in most cases, do not love these poor girls, but they will definitely trick them into believing that they do, and that is much easier to do with a troubled teen girl than it is with an adult woman.

Which is why I advocate returning to a simpler time. A time when a father chose a husband for his daughter and could legally execute any man who violated her virtue.

Well in that era, women were prized for their looks and their virginity, men for their ability to financially provide . And there is no doubt that families were more stable back then. The issue is were people actually happy?

I doubt that they were happy. Just look at some old pictures. The people do not look very happy in a lot of cases. I don't understand why any adult would want to be "married" to a child anyways. You have nothing in common, and wouldn't that make you FEEL old? :D

Which is why I advocate returning to a simpler time. A time when a father chose a husband for his daughter and could legally execute any man who violated her virtue.

That's sick. Women get to choose their OWN lives. Key word being WOMEN.

My gosh, I can't believe people actually think this way! This is the year 2016! No, girls should be educated, they should work and have a life, and then decide (if they WANT to) to get married and to whom.

Sorry Charlie, but the US started its slow decline the day some wife said "I should have the right to voice my opinion" and her husband didn't show her the back of his hand.

Sorry Charlie, but the US started its slow decline the day some wife said "I should have the right to voice my opinion" and her husband didn't show her the back of his hand.

Women are not property! We are PEOPLE.

I think I need to show you the back of MY hand, bud!

okay dear *pats on head*

okay dear *pats on head*

:lame2:

Seriously , the two worst decisions made by our ancestors in terms of this country.

1. Importing blacks from Africa, rather than just picking their own damn cotton.
2. Allowing women out of the house.

Seriously , the two worst decisions made by our ancestors in terms of this country.

1. Importing blacks from Africa, rather than just picking their own damn cotton.
2. Allowing women out of the house.

Agree with number 1, but for number 2 . . . :whip:

I doubt that they were happy. Just look at some old pictures. The people do not look very happy in a lot of cases. I don't understand why any adult would want to be "married" to a child anyways. You have nothing in common, and wouldn't that make you FEEL old? :D

Gender roles were more defined.

Marriage was less about meeting emotional needs, and more about becoming an adult in society.

The man's role was more to be the provider rather than best friend.

The woman's role was more to be homemaker and mother.

Talking about feelings and emotional needs took a back seat.

Thus a 30 year old man would be more likely to be established and be able to provide.

Thus a 16 year old girl, would likely be complete trained in what she needed to know to be a homemaker and a mother.

Gender roles were more defined.

Marriage was less about meeting emotional needs, and more about becoming an adult in society.

The man's role was more to be the provider rather than best friend.

The woman's role was more to be homemaker and mother.

Talking about feelings and emotional needs took a back seat.

Thus a 30 year old man would be more likely to be established and be able to provide.

Thus a 16 year old girl, would likely be complete trained in what she needed to know to be a homemaker and a mother.

Well, this isn't the 1800s. Get with the program!

Forum List

Back