Man opens fire on crowd at BLM protest .. it was going to happen

How much more crap do you think we are going to take? DC is nuts right now..

Maybe this shooting will keep the rioters home.. stop looting!
Democrat mayors do your job and they won’t open fire on your welfare babies

According to the article, this a peaceful protest, in area of ongoing peaceful protests. What “crap” was anyone having to take that justifies a shooting?
I’m waiting for more news to come out but I hope it was a patriot that took them out

Patriots are not murderers.

Does shooting peaceful protestors make you happy?

Not at all...but only a fool couldn't see this coming! And it will be happening alot more...ALOT more!

When mayors and governors ignore the protection of the citizens...the citizens will handle the problem themselves...And they WONT do it as professionally as the police would have!

If they really do abolish the police...I expect blacks will be killing blacks by the 10's of thousands in every city.

It's called "consequences of your own actions"...and consequences can be a bitch sometimes!

There is no such thing as peaceful protesters anymore it seems. If you’re bitten by dogs over and over again and a dog runs at you, will you assume it’s friendly and not defend yourself? If a protest came to my door, I would not assume it will be peaceful. The Leftists have themselves to blame for it.
I don’t agree, there have been hundreds and hundreds of protests, but media concentrates on the few that turn violent.
None of them are peaceful they are calling cops names
Woah...have I missed some major changes in the Constitution? Calling people names is now violence?
Peaceful protest is protected

According to the article, this a peaceful protest, in area of ongoing peaceful protests. What “crap” was anyone having to take that justifies a shooting?
I’m waiting for more news to come out but I hope it was a patriot that took them out

Absolutely.. protecting our black neighborhoods are important to republicans

Absolutely
You confuse patriots with thugs, not uncommon on the right.

Absolutely
What are the protest about, if you can tell me. I’d be happy

Seem like when the right gets fed up they leave a trail of bodies, when the left gets fed up they leave a trail of trash.
LOL .....

What a dumb comment.

Do you have a link to back up your nonsense?

Of course not ....

You are simply parroting Delusions from that Leftist Alternate Universe.
I tend reply to dumb comments with something of similar caliber. Don’t like it? Elevate the conversation.
The majority of your comments are dumb. Don’t blame it on other people.

Absolutely.. protecting our black neighborhoods are important to republicans

You are hoping a “patriot” shot and killed a peaceful protestor.

That is seriously messed up and not in line with your statement.

Absolutely
The particular one, in which you rejoiced in some being shot, was over the killing of Breonna Taylor and the use of no-knock warrents. It is stated in the article.

There is no such thing as peaceful protesters anymore it seems. If you’re bitten by dogs over and over again and a dog runs at you, will you assume it’s friendly and not defend yourself? If a protest came to my door, I would not assume it will be peaceful. The Leftists have themselves to blame for it.
I don’t agree, there have been hundreds and hundreds of protests, but media concentrates on the few that turn violent.
Actually the media makes excuses like they do for CHOP. We see what we want to see I guess? Tearing down statues and spray painting monuments is not peaceful in my book.
No those acts are not peaceful, but also not what I am referring to.
Every peaceful protest also assumes white people are racist and silence is violence. We cannot have a true awakening if we aren’t going to be honest with one another.
I don’t think everyone of them does...and it really doesn’t matter. As long as they aren’t destroying things or killing people, they have the right to believe what they want and that applies to anyone.

I do see your point. So...the question what is going to get us to the important conversations we need to be having? These protests are the result of one killing too many, on top of several other recent high profile killings and it has opened up a Pandora’s box of anger, grievances, injustices that have never been adequately addressed.

I pity the good police who are getting the unfiltered brunt of this, and city officials who have to walk a fine line between public order and civil rights, and between giving angry masses enough space to blow off steam, preventing worse violence and preserving public order. No easy task.

I think what we are seeing now is, at least publically, a lot of knee jerk hasty reactions to all this, but hopefully beneath it are the conversations we need to be having. I also think the fact that this happening in the midst of a pandemic, lockdowns, economic problems and a bitterly divided political climate doesn’t help.
One too many? There were 9 last year?

And the protests don't seem to have anything to do with lives. They seem to gather people bent on destruction and anarchy. Only way to have conversations is to be civil. For example 99% of all police officers are great. Why not have the media report some heroic stories vs. those that divide the country. Ratings?

Actually the media makes excuses like they do for CHOP. We see what we want to see I guess? Tearing down statues and spray painting monuments is not peaceful in my book.
No those acts are not peaceful, but also not what I am referring to.
Every peaceful protest also assumes white people are racist and silence is violence. We cannot have a true awakening if we aren’t going to be honest with one another.
I don’t think everyone of them does...and it really doesn’t matter. As long as they aren’t destroying things or killing people, they have the right to believe what they want and that applies to anyone.

I do see your point. So...the question what is going to get us to the important conversations we need to be having? These protests are the result of one killing too many, on top of several other recent high profile killings and it has opened up a Pandora’s box of anger, grievances, injustices that have never been adequately addressed.

I pity the good police who are getting the unfiltered brunt of this, and city officials who have to walk a fine line between public order and civil rights, and between giving angry masses enough space to blow off steam, preventing worse violence and preserving public order. No easy task.

I think what we are seeing now is, at least publically, a lot of knee jerk hasty reactions to all this, but hopefully beneath it are the conversations we need to be having. I also think the fact that this happening in the midst of a pandemic, lockdowns, economic problems and a bitterly divided political climate doesn’t help.
One too many? There were 9 last year?

And the protests don't seem to have anything to do with lives. They seem to gather people bent on destruction and anarchy. Only way to have conversations is to be civil. For example 99% of all police officers are great. Why not have the media report some heroic stories vs. those that divide the country. Ratings?

I think the bulk of the protests are not bent on destruction, but there are always opportunists who use a protest for their own agenda, like looting.

I don’t think you can say 99% are great. It seems to vary from department and jurisdiction, and sometimes on who you are. In some jurisdictions you have a rotten culture. If most of the cops in one department are rotten apples, that is devastating for the people affected...it doesn’t matter if the cops in the next county are good and professional. An example of a rotten culture is the police department that handled the Ahmed Arbery case.

I agree that civility is the best way to have a conversation, but what if civility keeps getting ignored and nothing changes?

Absolutely
The particular one, in which you rejoiced in some being shot, was over the killing of Breonna Taylor and the use of no-knock warrents. It is stated in the article.
Oh and speaking of no knock warrants, otherwise that are essential regardless of that incident happening, the attempt to ban them are as dumb as it gets. I know alot of Police, and that is essential to their work. What you gonna do, walk up to the drug dealers lair, and knock on his door ???

Listen if a situation went wrong, then correct it, and if neglect to follow procedures is found then correct it, but to attack something that works 99.9 % of the time, you have GOT to be kidding me.

Hopefully this crazy bullcrap will be put back in it's place by people with some damn sense, because this nation of crazies have lost their minds.

Absolutely
Oh and speaking of no knock warrants, otherwise that are essential regardless of that incident happening, the attempt to ban them are as dumb as it gets. I know alot of Police, and that is essential to their work. What you gonna do, walk up to the drug dealers lair, and knock on his door ???

Listen if a situation went wrong, then correct it, and if neglect to follow procedures is found then correct it, but to attack something that works 99.9 % of the time, you have GOT to be kidding me.

Hopefully this crazy bullcrap will be put back in it's place by people with some damn sense, because this nation of crazies have lost their minds.
I don’t oppose no knocks, but I think there needs to be stricter rules on when to use them.

Absolutely

I don’t oppose no knocks, but I think there needs to be stricter rules on when to use them.
Do you have the stats on them working verses when they don't ? If not then are you just rambling on ??

If anyone cares, there is a news conference scheduled by the mayor and police at 2 p.m. I haven't been able to find any sites covering it, though.
The park was cleared out after the shooting and all the tents and gear were removed. No more camping there, but the protests are still allowed during the day. They can pick up their stuff where it has been stored, off site.

Still no news, but the mayor did make a comment earlier that counter-protesters were expected in Louisville this weekend--he told them to stay home, that the protests had been peaceful. The man who was killed was a white 27 year old photographer; you think the "patriot" is disappointed, or is it enough to get a Democrat?

I am VERY GOOD at staying 6+' away from people. And I'm also very good at being a Karen, meaning I have screamed at people who came too close when I was standing in line, or tried to use the ATM beside the ATM I was using without wearing a mask, or went the wrong direction down the grocery store aisle so there wasn't enough room to pass with more than 6'. And my voice is loud. So I have not had to use the pepper spray, so far. But if some jackass tries to challenge me and get in my face, I will defend myself, as is my right.

And that really is what this is all about. I'm pissed. I am stuck with extreme virus avoidance measures until there is a cure, or a vaccine. And those could be years away, if they ever happen. I don't like not seeing my children. I don't like not leaving my house except for essential activities like groceries, Dr. and Rx. I'm tired of this shit.

God bless your stupid stupid heart. This is not about YOU and your denial of science and virology in favor of an insane politicization of said virus. Got Damn you Covidiots.
Obviously you are not or you would not have made the comment about pepper spraying people who are not doing what YOU think they should be doing.

You are not fooling anyone.

It is obvious who you USEFUL IDIOTS are.
It's not just me Pepaw. Science and virology tell us to use a face covering and stay 6+ feet away from each other when we are out in public. I didn't make this shit up all by myself.

You are sundowning awfully early in the day.

Forum List

Back